Dunns River Falls

paradiseisaprincessaway

Hi I did this many years ago and are doing it again this year. It was difficult in places but also parts are not that steep, the only thing I would suggest is make sure you have some good pool shoes as it can be a bit slippy in places. Enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I did it!!! Almost 3 years ago. I was so proud of myself. At the time I was 60 pounds overweight and terribly out of shape. But I did it. I was even able to keep up with the teens that were with me :D. So was the other out of shape lady with us.

Out of our group of 7, only one couldn't climb. He has severe knee problems. He did use the stairway along side and joined us for the final picture stop.

We are going to Jamaica again in March and definitely plan on DR!

My best advice....give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised by what you are capable of doing!:):):) I certainly was

You would have to be in relatively horrendous physical condition not to be able to climb the falls. We have climbed it several times - always on our own. We just take our time. We are not interested in being in a group holding hands and rushing up the falls. I think when you go can make a tremendous difference.

We were just there a few months ago. We booked a private driver for the day - Noel "Steve" Smith - noelsmith66@yahoo.com. We docked in Falmouth. He can meet at Falmouth or Ocho Rios. He took us rivertubing - basically a float trip - no rapids(tiny fast spots only) - sooo fun. Then he took us to the falls just as all the mega tour buses were leaving. There were very few people on the falls. We just went on our own and took our time. AWESOME! No crowds. Tons of gorgeous photos - playing in the falls and sitting on the rocks.

I am definitely not in shape and very "Fluffy". I didn't have any trouble climbing the falls. Please don't let your size stop you from a great experience. I think if we had gone with a large group - had to hold hands, rushing up the falls in massive crowds - I would have been self-conscious and not have enjoyed myself at all. Instead, we had a SPECTACULAR day with Steve!!!

Honestly, I'm very fit and found it difficult. It's slippery, steep, and the rush of water works against you. I felt relieved when I finished it. It helped me by not holding hand with anyone...if one goes down, you're all going down! You can exit in many areas and it's worth a try.

I've been there a couple times. You see everyone from 4-year-olds to 70-year-olds. There are several exit areas along the way and you can even just walk up stairs the whole way if you want, which are alongside the waterfall. But it's not hard to do, whether you're in shape or not. And as others have said - DON'T hold hands with a group. I needed my hands at points to grab rocks and help myself feel more secure. You feel a lot less secure just relying on your slippery feet on slippery rocks.

Edited by Cruiser 4 Life 66