Casual Nights

Rikiw111

Hi everyone,

I agree with the people who say that you can still look classy and stylish in jeans. The rich and famous often wear jeans to good restaurants!

If the jeans look good on the person -male or female -and are worn with a smart and stylish top then I don't see any problem with wearing jeans if smart casual wear is allowed. Formal nights are different but even then it's very much a personal choice between tuxedos or a smart dark suit for our men. If you think you look good in whatever you choose - within reason of course- I think that's really what matters. The important thing is to relax and enjoy yourself and not worry too much about trying to make the right impression with your clothes!

Elegant is as elegant does and I've seen many people dressed up to the nines for dinner behaving very inelegantly!

Happy cruising

Joyce

Just because you will see people wearing jeans in the dining room (which I will take your word for) does not automatically prove it is considered acceptable. People do things on cruises all the time that in theory are against the rules, such as saving chairs on the Lido deck. All it proves is that Carnival won't do anything about it. Maybe they won't do anything about it because it's O.K. by them, and maybe they don't do anything about it because it's like saving chairs, inappropriate in theory, but not enforced.

I still say you repeated claim that others are lying by saying jeans are not allowed is off the mark, because as far as I've seen no one has said that defintively. They've just tried to discourage it without saying it wasn't allowed.

Just because you will see people wearing jeans in the dining room (which I will take your word for) does not automatically prove it is considered acceptable. People do things on cruises all the time that in theory are against the rules, such as saving chairs on the Lido deck. All it proves is that Carnival won't do anything about it. Maybe they won't do anything about it because it's O.K. by them, and maybe they don't do anything about it because it's like saving chairs, inappropriate in theory, but not enforced.

I still say you repeated claim that others are lying by saying jeans are not allowed is off the mark, because as far as I've seen no one has said that defintively. They've just tried to discourage it without saying it wasn't allowed.

I haven't singled out anyone and called them a liar. I have drawn the line and have the guillotine waiting. Those who think I have must have something to feel guilty about.

The problem that the wannabe aristocrats have is that Carnival has no enforceable dress code and that they wouldn't enforce it even if they did. That problem is between them and Carnival.

I reject any attempt to transfer ownership of their problem to me.

All the penguins that smuggle booze on board had better be careful of what they ask for. If Carnival ever starts enforcing "rules", they should start with the one with the fewest weasel words and that is the booze policy.

Archived