Mini-bar and kids

Susieyarb

Is it acceptable to ask our room steward to remove the mini-bar items so that our kids won't get into them? If not, can we move them to a "hiding place" and replace them at the end of the cruise? Our 5 year old may not understand the concept and it may become too great a temptation. Like the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, "you can eat the snacks anywhere on the ship, but do not touch these snacks!"

Yes, ask away. But be sure to have the items replaced before you first leave the cabin that last morning. The beverage stewards will come through to do an accounting, and you don't want anything to still be missing from the fridge; they won't go looking elsewhere.

Absolutely. IMO it's best to have the room service beverage steward do it so that they have a record and know that they, not you emptied the fridge.

You have about as much room as a little cube dorm fridge. We've always found that things get reasonably cold, but others have reported that their units did not chill enough.

We too have been charged for items in the mini-bar appearing on our AX bill after we were home. This last cruise, we were in the cabin when the mini-bar/refrigerator was checked and I said "Everything is there, right?" and he said "Yes".

We too have been charged for items in the mini-bar appearing on our AX bill after we were home. This last cruise, we were in the cabin when the mini-bar/refrigerator was checked and I said "Everything is there, right?" and he said "Yes".

It's for just this reason that I have started closing the cabin door when I leave to disembark.

I used to leave the door open, thinking there was nothing left to take, and it was a signal to the steward that the cabin was ready for turnover. He wouldn't even have to slow down long enough to use his key, or move the "make up room" sign!

But then I realized, from reading CC, that the open door is an opportunity for others to step in and grab a little something on their way to disembark. :rolleyes:

Closing the door doesn't prevent the problem of being incorrectly charged, but it lessens it a bit.

Yes of course you can ask your cabin steward to remove the contents of your min bar. On our last cruise we open it up and low and behold everything was out of it. Must have been a request of the previous passengers. Funny thing, they never did fill it back up.

Any time we asked the stewart placed items in cushioned vanity seat.Top comes off and items placed in seat. Returned last day. Bonus you get the use of fridge for your own items. Not very cold during our past useage.