Customer Service

doryjeditt

Bringing a party of 25 people on board the MSC Divina sailing on August 9th from Miami to the Eastern Caribbean! Very difficult to coordinate 25 people and a few reservation issues have occurred. Currently awaiting for MSC to showcase their customer service to special clientele like myself! Will let you know if MSC customer service makes the grade! Visit soon!

Amomondo is correct, You TA will be dealing with MSC directly. We cruised in May and also booked using an Internet TA ( not the company you mentioned). We contacted them three times with "issues" ( changing cabins and certain reservations) and each time they dealt with it promptly.

The OP is new to Cruise Critic so isn't necessarily aware about MSC. Probably isn't a travel professional either.

But yes, if you book MSC via a TA then that's who deals with your booking.

MSC famously don't give discounts, incentives or special treatment to group leaders or TA's to entice people. They're offering low prices for a good product to build up a fan base and customer loyalty. And with a few notable exceptions the strategy is paying off.

My advice, FWIW, is to read the boards and get a "feel" for MSC as a product. I'll warn you now that pre-cruise customer service is disjointed and haphazard but that's in no way a reflection of the end product. I'd also cut them some slack as they are a European company with European service ideas. Once you've read the board you'll start to understand that a bit better.

Not that new, been operating for more than 10 years from the US. It's is just sailing through the summer that is new. If you. Poked through a TA why are you expecting MSC to deal with you directly? They deal directly with passengers booking directly. Those who choose to book with a TA should deal with the TA and it's the TA who contact MSC.

Wow! You seem to know a lot about the company? Do you work for MSC?

Thanks for the history. Publications in Miami seemed to have highlighted the fact that they are recently sailing out of Port of Miami. I.e quit from Sun sentinel "With MSC Divina's debut, we are thrilled to welcome one of our finest and most innovative vessels to North America," Richard Sasso, president and CEO of MSC Cruises USA.

"Debut" sounds like a "first" to me... Usually when it's a first, it's also "new."

Thanks for the advice with the TA.. I am resolving the issue through the TA. BUT, final answer comes down to MSC's decision. TA is currently awaiting their reply.

Bringing a party of 25 people on board the MSC Divina sailing on August 9th from Miami to the Eastern Caribbean! Very difficult to coordinate 25 people and a few reservation issues have occurred. Currently awaiting for MSC to showcase their customer service to special clientele like myself! Will let you know if MSC customer service makes the grade! Visit soon!

Recently sailed with MSC. Fortunately, they provided GREAT customer service......They must have thought that I was "special" also!!!

Amomondo is correct, You TA will be dealing with MSC directly. We cruised in May and also booked using an Internet TA ( not the company you mentioned). We contacted them three times with "issues" ( changing cabins and certain reservations) and each time they dealt with it promptly.

Recently sailed with MSC. Fortunately, they provided GREAT customer service......They must have thought that I was "special" also!!!

That's good news I guess. Thanks for letting me know! I STILL don't know if I'm considered "special" though. MSC hasn't responded so I don't know if they will be helpful in this case ....hope to have same positive turnout like you!

That's good news I guess. Thanks for letting me know! I STILL don't know if I'm considered "special" though. MSC hasn't responded so I don't know if they will be helpful in this case ....hope to have same positive turnout like you!

Hopefully everything goes smoothly. If so, don't forget to join the MSC club!!! (Mediterranean Special Clientele Club)

The end results might not have anything to do with how 'special' MSC considers you and everything to do with how well your Internet TA agent navigates and negotiates. Not all Internet services are equal.

Hello,

I am also sailing on August 9th. We booked through MSC. Some of the options such as drink vouchers were not available to purchase on-line. We had to call in to add them . Everything went smoothly.

There is roll call for August 9th. You might want to join it.

Our group is looking forward to trying a new cruise line. We usually sail Royal.

Ellen

Thanks for the history. Publications in Miami seemed to have highlighted the fact that they are recently sailing out of Port of Miami. I.e quit from Sun sentinel "With MSC Divina's debut, we are thrilled to welcome one of our finest and most innovative vessels to North America," Richard Sasso, president and CEO of MSC Cruises USA.

"Debut" sounds like a "first" to me... Usually when it's a first, it's also "new."

The Divina sailed from Miami for the first time last November but MSC had the Poesia sailing from Fort Lauderdale before the Divina and before the Poesia there was the Lirica also sailing from Fort Lauderdale so MSC is not new to the North American market.

Edited by MM42

Wow! You seem to know a lot about the company? Do you work for MSC?

Thanks for the advice with the TA.. I am resolving the issue through the TA. BUT, final answer comes down to MSC's decision. TA is currently awaiting their reply.

Hi there

Hadn't noticed you were new to the forum when I replied to your post. Welcome, hope you enjoy spending time here and find information that is useful to you.

The Divina debuted in the US last year but they have had other ships like the smaller Lirica and opera and medium sized Poesia and Otchestra also sailing from the US. Until recently they were sailing from Port Everglades rather than Miami, so that is another element of the debut story.

I've sailed with them a lot as they suit my tastes and budget, but I certainly don't work for them. As Moomoocow says! they are nit the most organised onshore! sometimes feels a bit chaotic but that retain lay doesn't reflect on the onboard experience which in my experience and opinion is great. They are a European company and may not do things the way an American company would.

Good luck getting everything sorted out with your TA. Hope you enjoy your first experience of MSC

The Divina sailed from Miami for the first time last November but MSC had the Poesia sailing from Fort Lauderdale before the Divina and before the Poesia there was the Lirica also sailing from Fort Lauderdale so MSC is not new to the North American market.

The Poesia also sailed from Canada and the US for the Canada/New England cruise.

Okay thanks...will definitely follow up with TA!

Hi doryjeddit,

Please send us a Facebook message(https://www.facebook.com/MSC.Cruises.USA) with more information regarding your group and the travel agency you are working with so we can look into this for you.

Regards,

hopefully everything goes smoothly. If so, don't forget to join the msc club!!! (mediterranean special clientele club)

edited - thank you!

Edited by doryjeditt
MSC Reaching out?

Hello,

I am also sailing on August 9th. We booked through MSC. Some of the options such as drink vouchers were not available to purchase on-line. We had to call in to add them . Everything went smoothly.

There is roll call for August 9th. You might want to join it.

Our group is looking forward to trying a new cruise line. We usually sail Royal.

Ellen

Thank Ellen! Thanks for letting me know - will do. Looking into booking dining and services as soon as cruise booking is resolved. Best!

Hi doryjeddit,

Please send us a Facebook message(https://www.facebook.com/MSC.Cruises.USA) with more information regarding your group and the travel agency you are working with so we can look into this for you.

Regards,

Can I just say I LOVE the fact the MSC actually has someone watching the CC boards?! I've never seen anyone officially from Princess, RCCL, X or NCL respond on any of those boards.

Kudos, MSC!

thumbs_up.jpg

Trish

Hi doryjeddit,

Regards,

Thank you for your post, although I am not a member of the facebook community. I have emailed MSC on various occasions at reservations@msccruisesusa.com and am awaiting a reply. I'd be more than happy to email you if you provide an email address. Thanks again!

Can I just say I LOVE the fact the MSC actually has someone watching the CC boards?! I've never seen anyone officially from Princess, RCCL, X or NCL respond on any of those boards.

Kudos, MSC!

thumbs_up.jpg

Trish

I have to say - I agree! Impressive upkeep with PR!

Kudos, MSC!

thumbs_up.jpg

Trish

I can't speak for the other lines you quoted, but NCL does has someone who monitors and responds to posts, too.

Thank you for your post, although I am not a member of the facebook community. I have emailed MSC on various occasions at reservations@msccruisesusa.com and am awaiting a reply. I'd be more than happy to email you if you provide an email address. Thanks again!

You don't have to be "A Member of the Facebook Community."

All they're asking is for you to visit one of their websites, which happens to reside on the Facebook server, that they think they can address your issue more quickly.

But just getting a sense of your attitude, I'm sure you'll do whatever you can to make sure you're NOT satisfied.

You know ... just incase there are some free things or something.

you don't have to be "a member of the facebook community."

all they're asking is for you to visit one of their websites, which happens to reside on the facebook server, that they think they can address your issue more quickly.

But just getting a sense of your attitude, i'm sure you'll do whatever you can to make sure you're not satisfied.

You know ... Just incase there are some free things or something.

ImageUploadedByForums1401313868.500248.jpg.2861a5d1cb8bfd8764a97cfeadc16f72.jpg