Room Decorations

I was wondering and wanting to get some recent opinions about the room decorations that you can order? Are they worth it? Are they cheesy? Are they put up before you arrive?

Thanks for any information anyone has. I am so excited for our first cruise I can't stand it!!!!!

We had a negative experience with this on our honeymoon cruise 6 months ago. I had ordered the "Just Married" decorations for my husband as a surprise. Well turns out my siblings had already ordered them for us, yet they still took my payment over the phone. I was LIVID when I discovered this upon finding two cards in our cabin. Had to spend some time getting that refunded. AND to add insult to injury, they no longer said "Just Married" but "Celebrate Love." Had I known this I would have never purchased it. (They did eventually refund one but of course the refund went to the WRONG card). I will never make that mistake again.

I got them as a surprise for my wife on our honeymoon. She liked them. And yes they are up before you get to the room and there is a sign on the door. I do believe it does say celebrate love now instead of just married but i didn't let that bother me. I also always get her the chocolate covered strawberries that she loves and those come later i believe after the muster drill. They are kind of plastic and drape from the ceiling and are held up by double sided tape.

We've had the happy birthday and the bon voyage and they were both already there when our cabins were ready. The price is a little high, but worth it to us to not have to worry about packing stuff, and trying to sneak to get them up for a surprise. Nice to have them up when you first enter the room. There is also a door decoration with them.

My wife loved them, and was surprised!! Our boys also loved them for their first cruise.

I have pics of the happy birthday ones if needed.

We've had the happy birthday and the bon voyage and they were both already there when our cabins were ready. The price is a little high, but worth it to us to not have to worry about packing stuff, and trying to sneak to get them up for a surprise. Nice to have them up when you first enter the room. There is also a door decoration with them.

My wife loved them, and was surprised!! Our boys also loved them for their first cruise.

I have pics of the happy birthday ones if needed.

Would love to see the pictures.

Thanks.

Lucy

I would definitely recommend getting them to celebrate your special time. I surprised DW with the room decorations (plus the chocolate strawberries and macaroon treats), and she absolutely loved it. It makes for a really nice memory. I also surprised her with a "Happy Honeymoon" cake during our first night dinner, and she loved that also. For an added treat, you may want to consider a door decoration as well. I had a custom one made up prior to the trip, and DW was very touched. Everyone around us also loved it, I might add. We did a B2B, with the second cruise being a surprise. I didn't do the room decorations for that cruise, although I did order a cake. That was enough, and DW was still thrilled. I would really recommend it because it's these really small things that make such a big impression. I can almost guarantee that it will always bring a smile to your loved ones face when you guys reminisce about your special time. I know it does for us.

Cheers,

Michael ImageUploadedByForums1401263285.736641.jpg.b494ab72c0072ad0353f2029a11145ff.jpg

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1401263173.602412.jpg.043d621b1ca1fdfd598439abb176e389.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1401263215.013237.jpg.604e8ed50a2027c4e7c1789c13dc4a5b.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1401263237.378987.jpg.b0c66ad6d7763410cd09ef1d46aacbe3.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1401263263.903711.jpg.15992cc2b4db975bd51f8114b0201c06.jpg

My brother and his wife surprised us (or at least tried to) with room decorations and a box of gourmet brownies on our recent Explorer cruise. The reason I say "tried to" surprise us was the fact that we showed up at our stateroom door at the same time the decorator did. We quickly went into the room to get what we needed then let him do his thing. I thought the decorations were nice for our 40th anniversary.

Regarding the brownies, we got a card with the decorations saying something like..Hope you enjoy your treat but no treat. Then later we get a call stating our order couldn't be delivered until the next day. Hubby told her -"we didn't order anything" and she said "someone ordered for you". Good job Explorer both surprises were blown. :( I must say the brownies were awesome and better than many of the desserts on the ship. When reading the brownie box it stated they were to be stored in a freezer so I think the whole deal with the late delivery was they had to let them thaw before the delivery was made.

Funny part of this story is the fact that we were on a B2B and there was plenty of time to handle both the decorations and brownie thaw.

Here's a pic...

DSCN2424-M.jpg

The blue decorations were from Royal. I brought the Happy Anniversary.

Also included were a door sign and an arrangement of foil stars and swirly decorations - kind of like a centerpiece. We enjoyed the decorations!

OMG ! I love love the pictures!!! The decorations seem cheesy but I'm glad I splurged the $31 for anniversary decorations for DH! I can't wait. I realize to each his own but I think $31 for having them up when you arrive and not having to pack them and surprising someone special would be worth it. Thanks for the pictures and comments good and bad. keep them coming, pictures and comments.:)

I got them as a surprise for my wife on our honeymoon. She liked them. And yes they are up before you get to the room and there is a sign on the door. I do believe it does say celebrate love now instead of just married but i didn't let that bother me. I also always get her the chocolate covered strawberries that she loves and those come later i believe after the muster drill. They are kind of plastic and drape from the ceiling and are held up by double sided tape.

Would love to see pictures of the "Celebrate Love" ones. I am trying to decide whether to surprise my fiance with them on our honeymoon too.

Here's a pic...

DSCN2424-M.jpg

The blue decorations were from Royal. I brought the Happy Anniversary.

Also included were a door sign and an arrangement of foil stars and swirly decorations - kind of like a centerpiece. We enjoyed the decorations!

We had those on one cruise also! They were already in the room we arrived along with the Happy Anniversary on the dooe.. Amazingly they stayed up without falling unless the Stateroom Attendant hung any back up that fell while cleaning the room. :cool:

037.jpg

Edited by bigque

We loved our honeymoon decorations so much that we took a few pieces home with us (like the heart shaped 'Happy Honeymoon' and 'Just Married pieces), and hung them on our Christmas tree as part of our celebrating our first holiday as husband and wife (we were married on 11-12-13). Hanging them on our Christmas tree will become a tradition, I'm sure, as we both truly cherish our honeymoon cruising experience!

Cheers,

Michael

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app