What is like to be a plebian passenger in the shadow of the Yacht Club?

pseudochicken

Nice pic Skier!! I seem to be able to see through that FENCE.

You just have to ask someone who has actually sailed on Divina, and not believe someone who does virtual sailng on the net and so is limited to other peoples' images.

People can see through various things including keyholes.

It does not change the fact that deck 18 has full height fence and no "great views".

This is how cruisers are getting "views" from deck 18 on the Divina:

24_zps23f8f983.jpg

Thanks Skier! You have cleared up two questions there - firstly whether the 'fence' is a barrier to viewing and secondly whether certain people have actually experienced it for themselves or are simply relying on internet pictures! :D

And speaking personally, I think the tinted glass is a good idea as I can imagine there could be a fair bit of 'glare' from the sun and the water. I often wear contacts and I find myself very sensitive to glare, especially when it is amplified through untainted glass. Perhaps this design 'flaw' is more carefully thought out than some would have thought?

FYI the sun deck above the Galaxy (deck 18) does not have great views.

The views are ruined by the full height fence.

This is one of many MSC Divina design flaws.

as mentioned the top sail has the same features, other cruise ships I have been on have lower barriers which passengers have been blown around and caused injury to themselves.

do you design ships or is the view of a amateur?

What do not understand there are cruise lines I do not like their features, so I choose not to sail on them, I do not slam their product since others enjoy these ships, why do feel the need to slam a cruiseline you have issues with?

as mentioned the top sail has the same features, other cruise ships I have been on have lower barriers which passengers have been blown around and caused injury to themselves.

do you design ships or is the view of a amateur?

What do not understand there are cruise lines I do not like their features, so I choose not to sail on them, I do not slam their product since others enjoy these ships, why do feel the need to slam a cruiseline you have issues with?

Very well said.

I don't know why it's hard to believe? I have sailed on the NCL Epic which has the Haven up front as well and it did not affect my cruise in the slightest. Maybe it depends on what each person needs to fulfill they cruising needs but to look over the bow of the ship is not one of mine. So for me, no, the YC has no effect whatsoever on my cruising experience.

That's actually a vantage point I enjoy on each and every cruise I have ever taken; up high with a view over the box. Not something you enjoy, fine, no problem. But not having an option does ultimately effect you, me, and everyone else. It is one less option, one less place, one less vantage point to be at. So we are all effected. That's not really up for debate. Whether you are personally impacted or not is another story. One is objective, one is subjective.

Like I said, the existence of YC, which I won't be staying in, would not stop me going on Divina, I just would do so recognizing that I have less and / or different options than I am traditionally accustomed to. It's about level setting of expectations. It's not a negative outlook to look at what something is or isn't and declare it objectively.