Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Welcome Jess and Debbie !

There is always room for more-no pun intended! Glad to have you both.

Tami-great to hear from you. Glad you are back on track. The clutter goes in cycles for me too. I read somewhere once that overeaters were down low depressed folks. Meaning that the clutter tends to be down low-like on the floor, couch etc. I would agree that when I am depressed it is low, when I am feeling better but still overeating it moves up to the tables and counters, and when I am feeling ok and eating properly it does not exist. I pick up after myself and maintain order. So I have noted that in a list of behaviors that indicate I am getting off track. For me there are always other signs BEFORE I take that bite of inappropriate food. How about the rest of you-do you see signs before the derail? If so, what are they?

It is easier to stay on track than to get back on track. After I wrote yesterday, I came out of class to find my driver side doors frozen shut. Of course, the passenger sides were fine. So I had to get in n the passenger and climb across the bucket seat to the other side! I am so grateful for the weight loss and the exercise. I was able to get over there, albeit not in a lady like fashion and I was not out of breath!

I went to exercise as planned. BTW I have had good luck meeting exercise partners on http://www.exercisefriends.com . I am meeting a lady this evening to workout.

Everyone keep up the good work.

Natalie

PS Although I really want to see how the exercise is impacting my weight, I am not going to weigh until Thursday's weigh in day. Last time I weighed in between I was so disappointed. :(

Today's weigh in : Minus 2 pounds now at 248. I am so excited to be under 250 so that light weight can move at my primary care's office!

Natalie--great job on getting below 250!! I'm waiting to be under 3 for a move of the big bar!

So how is everyone's WOEX and WOE going? Is it working? Does it need some changes? What interesting thing have you discovered about yourself along this journey?

Decided to start moving and eating better, so went and joined curves on Sat. It didn't "look" like much of a workout, but I was WIPED after 2 times around! (Think we're supposed to do 3) I felt so good all day after though, just knowing that I did that!

Yesterday at weigh in, lost 1.4 lbs. If I can keep that up, I'll be in good shape for Oct.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Welcome Jess & Debbie!

I just joined too, and it's a nice group of ladies here!

Natalie--good going on the choc fountain & especially the towel! How did your meeting with the exercisefriends person go? Looks like a neat way to meet someone.

Prosephone,

Welcome! I know what you mean about traveling with skinny friends. I am doing my Tahiti cruise with my Mom and a couple friends, we're talking sizes 2, 4 and 10. Even when lose my goal of 60, I will still be the largest, but a fraction of my former self! I have cruise wardrobes in sizes 18/20 and 22/24. I NEVER want to use that 22/24 wardrobe on a ship again! I am hoping to have to supplement the 18/20's with some 16's!

Everybody have a great week!

Julie, that is too funny because your goals are exactly the same as mine! My cruise wear is all 18/20-22/24 and I am hoping to loose 60lb before the cruise to get me into 16/18's. My worry is that with my cruise in Dec if I lose enough I wont fit into anything I own. I am going to have to buy some 16's this summer in hopes that my 18/20's will be too big by then!

Hi everyone! I took grandma to the doctor yesterday for new alzheimer's medications. Whew, what a workout! She's up to 170 now so it's alot of lifting. Also they've added a stabilizer bar to her wheelchair which is basically a steel bar. It weighs a ton and the chair won't fold. I pretty much went straight from dropping her off to the chiropractor. The good news is that he cleared me to start some gentle yoga and pilates. Now I just have to convince babyman that he CAN be put down during the day. He's sleeping more at night and awake during the day which is good. However, it seems like about the time it's his nap time during the day I have to leave to go run errands so I don't get to exercise. I've got to get it figured out because I'm still stuck at 204 and it's Feb 8 already. I'm aiming for 196 to hit my 40 pound mark by the end of the month.

Welcome to all the new people! Great to have you.

Tami

Prosephone,

I would love to have an excuse to buy some new cruise clothes, so getting down to a 16 is great motivation. Some of the stuff I have will probably be okay a little large, but I could at least justify a couple new bathing suits and maybe a few dresses. I have loaned out my wardrobe to a friend doing a cruise later this month. When I get it back, I need to go through it and see what is starting to wear out and get dated. I have loaned it to a couple friends and haven't really checked it out in a while.

Hello again everyone.....

Just finished cleaning the house so hopefully i burned some of these darn calories LOL :D

Did anyone here lose a lot of weight ? And how long did it take you to do so?

I'm hoping to lose a 100 pounds by the time our cruise comes along in Nov. I really hope i can do it. I didn't start exercising yet because my kness have been killing me lately so i figured i would start after a lose some more weight.

My hubby bought me a treadmill 2 years ago and i really haven't used it all that much. I'm so bad.....

Well gotta run.... Have a great day everyone ;)

~~Debbie~~

Junior cruiser,

I can relate to not starting the exercise. I keep saying next week and it just doesn't happen. I'm still using my treadmill to dry my fine washables. I am hoping that the more weight I lose the better I will feel and then I will start exercizing.

I lost 100 lbs about 5 years ago (6 months for first 60 and then 1 year for the rest). It can be done, we all just need to keep our focus and our WOE for the long term! I can't believe I allowed my self to gain it all back. It's a lesson I am going to try and never have to learn again!

Pugsbest....

I hear ya about the treadmill being used for hanging clothes on. LOL :D I use mine to hang our shirts on after i press them for our cruises.

Hubby says to use the treadmill but he doesn't understand about the good ole knees hurting.

60 pounds in 6 months huh..... I sure hope i lose more than that for our upcoming cruises. But that was great for you. Don't beat yourself up to much about the weight gain. You live and you learn. It's so darn hard being around food all the time so i know what everybody here is going through.

I don't work either so i'm home all day but i must say since i started weight watchers 3 weeks ago i haven't cheated once. The superbowl party was really tuff for me cause everyone was shoving food and beer in my face but i stood my ground and didn't cave in. I was happy about it too because the next morning was my weigh-in.

Have a nice night :)

~~Debbie~~

Good morning everyone,

I am so excited to see so many new and energetic "faces" on this board! It is really pumping me up! Thank you all for the feedback! I love it when our board is interactive.

Let me say this first, then you will know exactly where I am going...My happiness is inversely proportionate to my expectations. With that said I lost 1.5 pounds this week. Now we all know that is very good and way better than gaining 1.5. So why am I a little sad and had to get on the scale 3 times because it had to be wrong? Because I EXPECTED 3-4 pounds since I kicked up my exercise a big notch and stuck better to my WOE than I did in weeks where I lost more.

So with that said I am now at 246.5 which is still a great improvement over 274 or 278. I had lost 4 pounds before I started a different WOE.

Here is my commitment out loud:

I will continue with the stepped up exercise

I will focus mainly on cardio

I will do weight training 3 times a week but perhaps 1-2 sets rather than 3 to leave more time for cardio

I will stick to my WOE

I will not give up

I will not freak out when the scale does not say what I think it should

I will notice that my clothes are getting looser and looser

I will appreciate all the positive support I get and hear on this board

I will remember that this is a lifetime journey-one day at a time ( I too have lost 100 pounds more than once)

I will remember I am doing it for my heath first, beauty second.

I will remember that I can now crawl over car seats and get into my car, if I have to. LOL

I will remember that I can walk much longer distances and not be huffing and puffing

I will remember that everything happens in God's time.

May each of you continue on this journey and have a really blessed day.

Natalie

We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Good morning everyone! I finally managed to scrape together 15 minutes to get on the exercise bike yesterday.:D It was so nice. Now lets see if Baby-man cooperates and lets me get it done two days in a row.

Someone asked about weightloss. I lost 30 pounds in about 4 months. I had really put myself on "project status" as Dr Phil calls it. I got sidetracked when my grandma fell and broke her him Christmas day 2004. That's when I found out what a mess her life had gotten into. she lived quite far away and so no one really knew. I've been so busy trying to get her straightened out, diagnosed (alzheimers), placed close to me, healthy, and all the financial stuff on top of my 3 kids and preparing for a new baby that I simply haven't had the time and energy that I needed to get more weightloss done.

That said, my new lifestyle did allow me to maintain within 6 pounds of that new weight even through the most stressful parts. Normally I'd have stress eaten myself up another 15 or 20 pounds SO that is progress. I was getting back on track last fall when I injured my shoulder Thanksgiving day moving grandma. I haven't really been able to do much exercise since then and was just cleared to start back with Yoga and Pilates, my favorites, on Tuesday.

Right after New Year's we got our baby call and life got a little "zoo-y" for a while but things seem to be settling in nicely now. I'm down about 4 pounds since Christmas and now within 7 of making my 40 pound mark. I'm going to get it done.

DH and I made a pact with eachother of no candy for Valentines day. I only bought the kids boxes that had 3 or 4 pieces each in them. They're not all that cracked up about chocolate anyway. They just like the box. I told DH I'd rather wait and go to the Godiva store and have one REALLY good piece of chocolate than a box of Walmart specials. Better for me all around.:D We also made a "no girlscout cookie" pact which is ticking off all our friends.:D

Tami

[quote name='prosephone']We ordered the gs cookies. They are going in the back of our basement freezer!!! I did not have the heart to tell yoru friend's 8 yr old no.[/QUOTE]

Just break them out next time you have a party or lots of company. It's not like there's alot in a package anymore. They'll be gone in no time. :D Apparently I'm just mean because I've had no problem telling anyone no. Of course we've had so many friends selling them that if I bought from one I'd have had to buy from all. I'd probably have 30 boxes. Definitely don't need that!:D

Tami

Any chance he could just store them at work?

Ugh, I had a baby shower for a friend the night before last. It was supposed to be a dinner one and I didn't eat because she always has safe food. HOWEVER, her sister provided the food this time. "DInner" was a bunch of fried hors douvers and 4 kinds of cheesecake!:eek: I was starving so I did eat but who considers that dinner? :confused: Yesterday I was up a pound but thank goodness it's gone today. Of course yesterday I ate a low carb granola bar for breakfast, homemade seafood salad on low carb bread for lunch, 3 low carb mini reeces cups for afternoon snack, pork roast and spinach salad for dinner and a cup of low carb ice cream for evening snack. Plus I got on the bike. Not too shabby.

Gotta go Baby-man is voicing is opinion at being put in bed.:D

Tami

The hubby quit his job last month and is still weighing his options when it comes to what job he is going to take now. Though I am sure by the time the cookies come in he will have work to take the cookies to...

As for the shower, I hate when my diet gets sabotaged! I thought it was a rule of thumb in this day and age where so many people are health conscience that you always offer healthy options at any social gathering that includes food. Personally, I make sure that I have something vegitarian, low carb, & low fat so that most of the bases are covered!

The hubby quit his job last month and is still weighing his options when it comes to what job he is going to take now. Though I am sure by the time the cookies come in he will have work to take the cookies to...

As for the shower, I hate when my diet gets sabotaged! I thought it was a rule of thumb in this day and age where so many people are health conscience that you always offer healthy options at any social gathering that includes food. Personally, I make sure that I have something vegitarian, low carb, & low fat so that most of the bases are covered!

Good Morning Everyone....

Getting hit hard with the snow here in Middlesex County. Calling for 12 to 16 inches. My hubby has been working since 10:30 last night and who knows when he will be home. OVERTIME :)

More money for CRUISES :D LOL ;)

I hear ya about going to parties and having all the good food that were not suppose to eat. Last week was so hard for me with the superbowl but i got through it. And at my weigh-in i lost 2 pounds. Yippee!!!!!

I'm guessing my WW meeting will be cancelled tomorrow which sucks because i wanted to know how i did this week :( No cheating at all so i had to lose something.

I'm waiting to hear any info on the NCL Dawn. Her web cam might be down. I usually get to see her on the news sailing down the hudson river but i don't think that will be happening today. I feel bad for the people coming home and for the ones who are boarding her today. I hope they make it to the ship.

Have a great day everybody and good luck with your weigh-ins. Keep up the great work :D

~~Debbie~~

12-16 inches of snow! Wow. :eek: Glad that's not coming here. I like snow but since I can't ski with the new baby I'm just as glad to not have to deal with it.:D

I rode the bike 30 minutes yesterday and am down another 1/2 pound. Apparently the baby shower food isn't going to get me. I know my friend had to have been horrified when her sister started pulling out that kind of food. Diabetis runs rampant in her family so she keeps very strict about what she eats for good reason so that 20 years from now she hopefully won't have to worry about it. Not that she would never eat those things from the party, just not all in the same week.:rolleyes: Oh well, at least she's nursing. She lost almost all her pregnancy weight in one week.

I'm now officially 3 pounds from putting a 1 in front of my weight. I'm going to try to do it within the next two weeks. It will probably hit it before 2 weeks but DH and I are taking ourselves out to a really NICE fondue restaurant for Valentines day next weekend and there will be some calories there. We've always wanted to try it and someone else is giving it as a gift. Otherwise I'm way to cheap to pay $100 for a meal for two!:D

Tami

We have a great fondue restaurant here in Portland as well. I went there on a date a couple years ago and I was shocked at how expensive the meal was, and we didn't have any alcohol. It was an incredible meal and a fun experience, very romantic. I'm sure you will have a great time!

A good friend had a baby about 7 months ago and she come home in the same size 2 jeans she wore before the pregnancy. She has always had an incredible metabolism, so I'm really not surprised. It's a good thing she is such a nice person, or our friendship would suffer :)

I'm still plodding along with my WOE. I seem to be stalling this week, but that is somewhat normal for me. I lose great for a few weeks, and then nothing for a week or so. I go in next week for surgery to have a tumor removed. I am hoping one benefit will be a little more weight loss. If only they could vacuum out some fat while they're working:)

[quote name='adoptmom']Hellooo out there! Anyone home?

Tami[/quote]

Still losing but hit a plateau.:(

Only down 2 pounds these last 2 weeks.
Now down 82 pounds and only have 38
pounds to meet my goal of 120 pounds
lost by the time I cruise in June.:)

Everybody keep losing.:D

Reggie

Archived