Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Julie- Hopefully your surgery goes smoothly and the results come out ok. It wouldn't be my first choice of a way to lose weight but yes, you will probably not feel like eating much for a while.:D might as well look for the silver lining.

Reggie- I know that plateaus are no fun but still 82 pounds!:eek: That's awesome! I'm frustrated this week that I can't seem to get it together and lose 3. We'll both make our goals, we just have to be patient. (Not my best trait BTW:D )

Tami

Hi everyone! The thread or perhaps all the CC boards have been doing very strange things lately, hence no posts. My WI on Mon showed that I was down 9.5 for the week. This week I seem to be maintaining but no loss yet. Honestly though that is what I expected with such a huge loss the first week. Hopefully the boards will behave and we can all post again!

Good morning everyone,

I am down 1.5 pounds this week. Total lost 29 pounds.
I think that I am disappointed again because I have it in my head that I should be losing more each week. The reason I have these thoughts is because the doctor and nutritionist who are supervising the program TOLD me I would lose 10-12 pounds a month. So 6 pounds seems too little, but in reality it is excellent! When I go to the doctor today I am going to discuss this.

I am not exercising as much this week because I am not feeling well. :(

I will let you all know what they say.

Keep up the good work! Maintain your WOEs and WOEXs.

Natalie :)

Good morning everyone- I was up 1.5 this morning which freaked me out until I realized that TOM is due later this week. That always happens and usually it's 2-3 so I'm not so stressed now.

prosephone- It's not really unusual to do a big drop and then for your body to readjust itself. It's like it has to find the new normal again. 9.5 is Excellent though!

Debbie- Welcome! I haven't heard of the Change of Life diet but we're all doing variations on a theme here. The important thing is to find the one that you can live with for long term.

Natalie- I wish I had a chance to get this to you before you went to the doctor. It would be nice if he would do measurements and a body fat analysis, especially if he had done one in the first place. I know all last fall I was not losing more than a pound a week when I was working out so much but I was losing inches. That's because I was going through a phase of putting on muscle. I was still losing fat at the same time but it just wasn't showing up as weight loss. The good thing is that muscle A) takes up much less room and B) makes you burn more calories throughout the day even while you are at rest. If the doctor didn't take measurements you should and then take them again on about the same day every month. That will give you better information than the scale. Keep up the good work and I hope you feel better soon. The counter at my Grandma's nursing home says only 33 more days until spring!:D

Tami

Hi

Tami-you are the woman!
I went to the doctor's office ready to just say chuck it. I'd do something less radical for the same results...
The nutritionist gave me the following suggestions and possible explanations in addition to checking my food for hidden carbs-fats etc.
She recommended :
Do the weight training with a maximum of 20 pounds for upper and lower :eek:
Increase my consumption of fish
Correct my bowel problems by experimenting until I get the correct dose of supplements
Sticking it out another month
She offered these possible explanations: Muscle weighs more than fat-1 pound muscle to 5 pound fat
Steroids decrease the amount of weight lost
Hysterectomy changes hormones and metabolism
Having already been on a lower carb plan may have affected the results

So with that said, I am going to check with my Y trainer and see if doing 20 pounds max will be beneficial or if I should just eliminate weight training with machines until a later date. If that is her answer I will do the Strong Women, Stay Slim program at home. It is a great weight training program that uses lower weights.

Thank you all for the support.

BTW Tami-The first of February I measured myself for just the reasons you noted. I have the Tanita fat measuring scale, but I have not had the patience to do all the preliminary weighing, but I think I might find time and patience next week.

Natalie

We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Hi all, just doing a quick checkin. Baby-man is still fighting the sinus infection so he is CRANKY! Not getting much done at all!

Tonight is our big dinner at melting pot and then tomorrow I'm going back on induction. The sad thing is that my sinuses are doing funky things from it being 60 one day and 20 the next so I feel like crap! I may not be eating too much tonight after all.:rolleyes: I wonder if they do doggie bags. The meat and cheese part of fondue is low carb. I will just skip them and do the dessert tonight then take the stuff home that I can eat next week.:D

Tami

Well, didn't make it comepletely back to induction yesterday. I was fighting a little bug so I didn't want to start back full force and really throw things off. I will probably keep one starchy food a day in this week so I don't upset my whole system then move to full induction/phase 1 next week. Going straight into induction gives me the worst ostomy problems.

I treated myself for breakfast this morning though. Eggwhites scrambled with gorgonzola and a couple of links of sausage. Yummy!:D Normally I don't mess with just egg whites because we have our own chickens but I bought some pasteurized carton ones after Christmas to make something to take to a party. One of the mom's was pregnant so I didn't want to give her something with raw eggs even if they were good quality. However, we ended up making a baby run and missing the party so I have a whole carton of eggwhites to use up. Fortunately, they're almost gone. If you dress them up they're not so bad but I'm terribly spoiled by my little chickens.

How's everyone doing?

Tami

Hi there well i have been trying things for a few weeks to get on a plan that is working for me did well my friends and I will be joining weight wtchers this week so hopefully i will be able to get ontrack with tht ... i have roughly ten months left to lose the weight to only need that one seat belt on the airplane lol ... gotta get a move on ... I have tried but it just didnt work so far ... i am positive this will though ... soooo im still here and still with it and here is to us all keeping up the good work and encouraging each other ... if you know any good weight watchers meals for sure tell me ... i prefer Atkins as it has lots of stuff i love on it lol
maybe i will try this points for a month if it doesnt work will go to atkins food and ww meetings ahahah lol just kidding Rosie

Hi there well i have been trying things for a few weeks to get on a plan that is working for me did well my friends and I will be joining weight wtchers this week so hopefully i will be able to get ontrack with tht ... i have roughly ten months left to lose the weight to only need that one seat belt on the airplane lol ... gotta get a move on ... I have tried but it just didnt work so far ... i am positive this will though ... soooo im still here and still with it and here is to us all keeping up the good work and encouraging each other ... if you know any good weight watchers meals for sure tell me ... i prefer Atkins as it has lots of stuff i love on it lol
maybe i will try this points for a month if it doesnt work will go to atkins food and ww meetings ahahah lol just kidding Rosie

Good Afternoon Everyone!!!!!!

Haven't checked in because my WW meeting got cancelled because of the snow last week :(

Well anyhoo i'm down another 4 pounds in those 2 weeks. YIPPEE :)

Total so far this month since i started WW is 13 pounds. I haven't been exercising because my leg has been killing me since getting home from our cruise in Sept. I finally went to the docs on thurs. and she thinks i might have sciatica ( sorry if i spelled it wrong ). I went for an MRI yesterday morning and won't know anything until i go back to the docs next thurs.

I'm hoping to start using my treadmill even if it's only ten minutes. NO REALLY ;)

In the mean time my hubby put more pressure on me because he booked another cruise :eek: We leave on May 12th. We are trying Carnival again and i just hope it's better than the 1st time. We sailed on the same ship, The Legend in April of 04. The price was pretty good plus we got an aft balcony PLUS 200 onboard credit.

Well i went on enough so i hope you all have a great week. Keep up the great work everyone........

~~Debbie~~

I'm now down below my precruise weight and headed south again.

I'm 2 weeks ahead of schedule and hope to keep it going.

Now down 86 pounds.:eek:

Reggie:D

[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php] [img]http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/slider-bbman/lb/335/215/249/.png[/img] [/url]
Began 1 August 2005

Hi All, Just came across this message. I have lost 40 pounds so far. We are leaving on A Europe cruisr 9/2/06 10 ports in 13 days. I have 6 months to go hoping to lose 5 pounds a month for another 30. This wieght lose will really make it alot easyer for me to get around and fell alot better about my self. Good luck to all.

What plan are you on Reggie and thats wonderful congratulations .... and welcome Patricia . Debbie if yo uare on weightwatchers lol give me some hints i need all i can get. I want this to work for sure !!!

Rosie

[quote name='RosieC']What plan are you on Reggie and thats wonderful congratulations .... and welcome Patricia . Debbie if yo uare on weightwatchers lol give me some hints i need all i can get. I want this to work for sure !!!

Rosie[/QUOTE]

Hi Rosie,

Sorry i can't give you any hints but i can tell you i haven't cheated since i started and i don't go over on my points. Hope this helps you out :D Plus i drink 80 to 96 ounces of water everyday.

Reggie... You are an inspiration to us all :D Keep up the great work. I hope one day i can say i lost all that weight. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

~~Debbie~~

Welcome Patricia :)

Good morning everyone! I'm SO CLOSE! I'm hoping to have a 1 at the front of my weight by the end of the week!:eek: It's been so long! We have a game night Saturday night and I already told the hostess not to be offended but I'm bringing my own food. Of course it helps that she doesn't eat wheat or cane sugar so she's used to taking her own food too.

Once I break that mark then it's only another 3 1/2 to hit my 40 pound mark. This 10 pounds has taken almost a year which is sad since the first 30 came off in 3 months but when I stop to look at all that has gone on with taking over Grandma's care and adding a baby I'm just so happy that I lost weight instead of gaining back the 30 that I'd lost. It goes to show me that when I lose the rest of this weight I can be successful in keeping it off even through stressful times.

Rosie- You mentioned eating atkins foods but going to WW meetings. Frankly, if the meetings give you support but you lose weight and can live with atkins long term then go for it. I'm not a meeting person and being forced to write everything down only caused me to rebel so WW was just one of many plans where I actually gained weight.:rolleyes: I also don't do well with lower protein and higher carbs because I have a shortened digestive track due to crohn's. I need the fat and protein to be healthy. (I made a horrible vegetarian even though I ate a very good vegetarian diet.)

Of course Atkins only works for so long if you live on bacon and cheeseburger patties too.:D But then anyone who actually read the book instead of buying the media hype knows that's not what atkins was really all about anyway. Frankly, I'm thinking it would be easy to stay within points if you're eating lots of low carb veggies, chicken, fish, and good quality beef so you can do both by just choosing your point splurges as atkins friendly instead of those horrible WW desserts which remove the sugar but use potato starch ( a sugar!) as filler. (Sorry to rant there but we were watching a food channel thing where those were being made the other day and my 8 year old said "but mom! potato starch is the same as sugar in your body. Who are they kidding?:D " Hmm can you tell what we were studying for health that week?)

Reggie- AWESOME!! YOU'RE MY HERO!

Tami

Well Thursday I will begin in ernest again and have ten months to losed the fifty pounds that is my goal although by now i think i need to make it 60 lol but 50 would be amazing .
I will give you updates and really interested to see how you are all doing too . Now back to work I go lol Have a great day Rosie

Reggie...It's me..LuAnn..and in need of help! Foot is still bad, I have not been able to exercise for months, and I have gained 15 pounds! None of my clothes fit, and I am depressed! Going to the Doc again on Friday...what do you think is the best diet for someone who has to be inactive? How are you? Congrats on your new schedule! LuAnn

[quote name='reggierail']I'm now down below my precruise weight and headed south again.

I'm 2 weeks ahead of schedule and hope to keep it going.

Now down 86 pounds.:eek:

Reggie:D

[URL="http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/index.php"][IMG]http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar098/slider-bbman/lb/335/215/249/.png[/IMG] [/URL]
Began 1 August 2005[/quote]

Woohoo! I'm at 202 this morning! I really feel like I'm going to break 200 this week. Party dance! I have to do some revamping of my menu again because we're going out to eat tomorrow for my cousin's birthday. I just pulled the menu up and will be looking though it after this. I want to know exactly what I'm having before I walk in the door.

LuAnn- Can I ask what is wrong with your foot? I have some friends who are homeopaths. Maybe I can give you some ideas to try along with what you're doing with your doctor. I had to give up running because of foot and knee problems and gained 50 pounds so I can relate to what that does to your state of mental health.

Tami

Howdy everyone!

I have missed a lot! I had a bad week last week--migraines--YUK
Update: Went to the doctor expressed my sincere displeasure with losing 1.5 pounds a week on such a restricted food plan.
Was encouraged to stick with it.
Making sure I was not eating hidden carbs in things like too much equal (gum, diet pop) , too much cheese, and too much fat-like chicken skin etc..
Lowering the amount of weight I was using at the gym because 1 pound of muscle is equal to 5 pounds fat.
Increasing fish consumption
Getting regular bathroom habits by reintroducing the Metamucil. ( Some of you my recall my sad bathroom problems)

So with that said and done for 1 week only I am down 3 pounds this week-yippee

I started swimming lessons Monday. I am doing free weight at home instead of the machines at the Y (for now). I am also doing the Biggest Loser Workout--it really is good.

So I plan to keep up the cardio and lighter weight training until I am under 200 then I will go back to heavier weights and be ok with slower weight loss while my skin and muscles catch up.

I have read the posts I missed and all I can say is this is an AWESOOME group. Keep talking and supporting one another and ALL of us will make it to and beyond our goals.

I am grateful to part of such a group.

Be blessed!

Natalie

Tami...I broke it back in Sept and went to 2 docs who did not diagnosis it...so walked on it for a month, broken! Since then I have been in the "boot" several times, a cast and an electro stimulator to try and stimulate the bone growth...VERY depressing! Not being able to exercise has really been tough..especially since he basically wanted me off it, completely, as much as possible...sit and grow! :( LuAnn

Hi everyone! Well, I got to the restaurant last night and they had changed the menu:mad: However, I managed to find grilled chicken wings with jerk seasoning on the appetizer menu and a caesar side salad that worked for me. I'm down to 200 1/2 today so I'm SO CLOSE! I'm still hoping to break 200 before the weekend is over.

We have a gamenight tomorrow night where there will be cheesecake involved so while I was in Indy I stopped at the Lo Carb store and picked up a couple of slices of their low carb cheesecake to stash in the freezer. I'll take one tomorrow night and keep the other one for later. The cheesecake lady got several of them for her babyshower (we did a food shower) and now her little boy can't handle it when she eats dairy so I have a feeling we'll be seeing those cheesecakes fairly often.:rolleyes: I bought myself a slice of key lime and a slice of double chocolate. They've had samples out in the store before and they're pretty good so I'm very confident about getting through the evening tomorrow.

I'm also taking a low carb egg fritata made with eggs, canadian bacon, onion and maybe some shredded cauliflower if I'm feeling really ambitious. I fry up the onion, canadian bacon and cauliflower like hashbrowns and then stir in beaten eggs. It's really good. Normally I would stir in some cheese with the eggs but since my friend can't have cheese I'll leave it out.

Natalie- Glad to see you back and that you're having some success. I was worried when you didn't post for a while because I knew you were really frustrated. I think we started about the same place and I remember when I first started it seemed like I would never get to below 200. Now I'm 1 pound from it! You'll get there! Probably a whole lot faster than I did. Somehow Grandma drama slowed my progress a bit over the past year. No more excuses for me though. I have 4 kids to keep up with. I don't have time to be overweight and out of shape.:D

LuAnn- Wow, that makes me hurt just to think about it. My DH had foot surgery this past May so I'm familiar with the whole boot. He wore that darned thing the whole summer. Yuck! Man, that does get tough if they're trying to regrow bone because you probably can't even do deep water exercises until that is done. You might ask though if it is possible to do upper body workouts, especially strength training while you are waiting. At least you'd be building muscle in your upper body which will boost your metabolism. He might even be able to get you into a physical therapist for a couple of sessions to get a specialized workout and your insurance would cover it. If nothing else, you'd feel like you were making some progress.

In the mean time, hang in there and keep checking in here for encouragement.

Tami

Hi All, First time to visit in this room. Great ideal. I have lost 40 pounds so far. Need to lose a 100 more. We have a Europe cruise in Sept, 10 ports in 13 days. My goal is 5 pounds a month so maybe another 30 pounds. I have been trying to swim at least 4 times a week. I need to start walking. I will check in again soon good luck to you all.

Archived