Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

Hello all. Still no digital scale, so I sucked it up and weighed myself on my old analog jobbie. I weighed in at a whopping 235 lbs. Therefore I have to lose 95-100 lbs. Wow. :(

So, what should my first goal be? What is a number that works for everyone else? Just nibble at it in 10 lb. increments?

I would like to join your group too. I need to lose a bunch of weight before my cruise in July. So, I figure 40 lbs would be a good goal in 6 months. I need tons of motivation. I am so keen to begin with, then...things slide, as I'm sure a lot of you can relate. I don't want to be the biggest at dinner, on the plane, everywhere. So, thank you in advance everyone.:)

Good morning all,

Thursday morning weigh in --down 1.5 pounds. I weigh exactly 250. Here is what I knew but have now learned: do not weigh in the middle of the weigh in session! I weighed myself on Monday--I was so pumped that I weighed 247. I was expecting the same or more. :( I know, I know that my happiness is directly proportional to my expectations.

Welcome bonbon663

Whatever amount you think Will encourage you to keep going is a good increment. I picked 20 because someone else said that was theirs. When I read your suggestion to your self of 10, I decided to change mine effective today.

Tami-I take it baby Beck is running things at your place. Isn't that a beautiful,if not frightening thing. I hope you have been getting some sleep. You know lack of sleep has now been proven to slow weight loss. Not to mention cause extreme crankiness. LOL

Reggie-How is your exercising going?

hockeyluver-That sounds tough-drinking lots of water and driving a bus. At least on the weekends you can really step it up. You will come to a good rhythm during the week that will coincides with your planned stops.

CrustyCruises-I would reserve the word whooping for the 700+ folks. You are among friends here. The first step is accomplished. Weighing yourself and saying it out loud to yourself and others. You are going to do just fine.

RosieC-keep up the good work on the Gazelle -exercise is the key to keeping the weight off. even if you go a little away from your woe the exercise will compensate.

I went to the Y while my brother was having his colonoscopsy. For me that is a good sign. I would have just sat in the waiting room for the 2 hours-reading.!

I am going to water aerobics this evening.

This is work, but I am sure it will be worth it to me and others.

Have a great day everyone. Keep moving in the direction of your goals.

Natalie

Hi everyone- Wow! It's so cool to have new "faces" after it was just Denese and I through the holidays. We were having good conversations but the more support the better in my book.:D

BonBon- Welcome! Tell us how we can help you and we'll do our best. We all have our own struggles so you're definitely not alone.

CrustyCruises- I started at 236.5 so I feel you totally. I dropped 30 in about 3 months and then my Grandma fell and broke her hip and I spent most of the past year up to my ears trying to keep her alive, healthy and figure out her financial situation. She lived quite a ways away from all the rest of the family so no one knew that she'd had a stroke and her mental abilities were severely affected because she sounded fine. I'm still sorting out her financial picture a year later. I am really proud of myself because no matter what, I managed to maintain that loss within a 5 pound range for the whole year though. I had just started really working on losing again when we got a call that our adoption finally came up and our 4th child was born. That was 2 weeks ago.:eek: I made myself a deal though. NO MATTER WHAT I WILL KEEP ON THIS. I maintained the whole time we were on the road bringing him home, through my Grandfather's funeral and I've managed to drop 3 pounds since then.

I know you can do this if you really want it because I'm extremely busy and I'm doing it. Break it into small goals. 5 pounds is a big deal because you worked hard to do it. Celebrate it with some kind of ritual. Light a special candle, dance or sing a song, burn an old item of "fat clothing".... anything that has meaning to you.

Oops, Beck-man is singing his own song called "time for a bottle!"

Tami

Adoptmom I will be starting the interferon treatment when we return from our cruise Feb 25th on the Triumph. Doctor wanted me to start in Sept told him i wasnt going to till after my cruise. Fortunatly I will only have to be on it for 6 months!! Hopefully one side effect will be weight loss.

Hockeyluver-Weightloss will be one, for sure but your immune system will be compromised too. Be sure to talk to them about a vitamin and homeopathic regimine to boost your system. I will be the first to tell you that as a crohn's patient I would not be here if it weren't for modern medicine so I'm not one of "those crackpots" as my mom calls them, who shun all medicine in favor of herbs. However, there are alot of great, safe, homeopathic remedies that can support you while you're going through the treatment that can lessen the side effects and help your immunity which will be a big issue. I would definitely seek out and consult a naturopath and maybe a natural nutritionist. Even if you don't follow any of the advice given in the long run at least you know that you had every bit of advice you available to you going into the treatment and made the best decision for you.

I know it sounds like alot of extra "stuff" and expense but I'm really one to question the doctors and do my research. Any doctor I go to who doesn't like that doesn't get to be my doctor for very long and I tell them that and I tell them why on my first visit. The one time I didn't was with my initial round of crohns at 19. The doc kept patting me on my hand and telling me I had a little virus that would go away. If he'd bothered to draw blood any time over that month he'd have seen that my white blood cell count was out of control and something was going on. By the time my family got mad and took me to the hospital I almost died. So, now I question everything.:rolleyes:

I've been very lucky though. That was my one flareup of crohn's (knock on wood!:D ) I hope I never have another.

Tami

Hi everyone,

A quick check in to let you all know I am hanging in here. My WOE and WOEX is good. My challenge is tonight. I am going to a 60th BD celebration. As some of you may remember from the last party--alcohol and my WOE do not agree! I had a several day (more like a week) setback, so I am NOT going to have any alcohol tonight. I will not eat ingredients that I do not normally eat. I will keep the portions moderate although not weighed and/or measured.

I went to the Y today. A friend of mine from work came and joined too. Yippee. As we were working out on the treadmill, I noticed that I was really picking up the pace. I am excited. The abdominal exercises were incredibly difficult. Not just because my muscles are incredibly week, but because my breast and tummy are incredibly large. :( It was the first time I noticed any insensitivity on the part of the trainer. I took me several times of telling her as nice as I could that I could not do the particular exercises she wanted me to do. Finally, she gave me one where I use a medicine ball. Until the tummy goes down some more...

I bought the tape measure (God only knows where the one I had went) last week. I will measure Sunday. I will make that darn AB Lounger work too.

Have a blessed rest of the weekend.

Keep moving toward your goal. NO MATTER WHAT like Tami said and I agree. There is no perfect way to do it no matter who claims otherwise. Be gentle yet firm with yourself.

Natalie

Hi everyone- Just a quick post to say that I'm getting back to my WOE today. I've been lucky to hold in about the same area and lose a few but it's time to get it back into gear. I want that 1 in front of my weight really bad and I'm so close!

Hockeyluver- My friend whose DH had the interferon was here Saturday night so I picked her brain. She said that they weren't into homeopathics yet and just had some good, high quality vitamin-mineral complexes that he took. They took great care to wash hands and not share germs and not allow anyone into the house who was sick and he really didn't have too many problems. She also said that the exciting thing is that they have made great changes to interferon since her DH went through it with the delivery system and how it enters into the body. She said that according to her research that with this new kind of interferon, less than half the people who get it have any kind of side effects. I thought you'd like to hear that.

Tami

I didn't even know that this thread existed before. Just thought I'd wish everyone here much success and let you know that it can be done.

I lost 102 lbs. in about 7 months on the South Beach diet back in 2004. Recently, I gained about 34 back so now I'm working on getting that back off again. I've lost 20 of that 34 so far. So the 100 plus drop can be done and I wish to lend my support to everyone here.

Best wishes to all. Keep up the good work.:)

I'm not really doing any formal exercise. I have been spending

several hours daily at the storage shed, moving, rearranging

and tossing. That's been giving me a pretty good workout.

I'm now at 256 down from 267 two weeks ago and 335 Aug. 1, 2005.

I'm well ahead of my 2&1/2 pound per week goal.

Keep up the good work everyone, it can be done and the rewards are

many.:)

Reggie :D

Good morning all,

Reggie that sounds like hard work. Good for you. It has been said if we enjoy whatever it is, we are more likely to continue it.

I measured myself this morning--OH MY GOD! The scale thing and disclosing my weight publicly has nothing, absolutely nothing on the information I gained. I can see why when my breast are reduced I better continue losing or I am going to be very very sad. My tummy is 3.5 inches larger than my breast. The good news is that this gives me extra incentive to keep my commitment to exercise everyday for the next 30 days. I originally said 20 then I decided what the heck-go for it.

I am also going to follow my WOE the way it written not what I think it should be.

Roscoe13-thank you for the encouragement.

I will give you the official weigh in number in the morning.

Have a good day.

Natalie

I've got the same problem. I can take it off but

keeping it off is hard. I'm really going to work

hard on a maintenance program I can stick with.

I need to make some limits and when I hit those limits

I can get back on track.

Keep up the good work everyone.;)

I'm now 2 weeks ahead of my goal,

weighed in today at 255 pounds.

Down 80, 40 to go.:D

Reggie

I've got the same problem. I can take it off but

keeping it off is hard. I'm really going to work

hard on a maintenance program I can stick with.

I need to make some limits and when I hit those limits

I can get back on track.

Keep up the good work everyone.;)

I'm now 2 weeks ahead of my goal,

weighed in today at 255 pounds.

Down 80, 40 to go.:D

Reggie

You can do it!!

I am new to crusing (first one is in October!) and just found these boards...was so excited to learn more about our ship & all and then I found this thread....WOW!

I re-joined (don't know how many times I've done it now!) WW 2 weeks ago and am doing their core program. I was at 323 and was at 319 :) at weigh in (Sunday).

I hope to be able to lose 50 pounds by October for the cruise. More would be fabulous, but I usually drop off program as soon as I get to about 20 pounds off. My mom is going on the cruise with me and has similar goals...she lost 50 last year & has kept it off & is trying for another 25 before Oct.

I've started reading through the old posts and am so happy to see such encouragement & support here. I look forward to getting to know you all! :D

that is good to hear~ Thank you. adoptmom It is hard to make any plans for the next few months not knowing how i will react. From what I have read I will be taking the shot on Friday nights feel crappy all weekend and be ready for work on monday now doesnt that sound like fun NOT I say take it on monday stay home for the week and feel good on the weekends LOL I am going into this with an open mind trying not to let what i hear about possible side effects affect me.

As for working out hardly did any thiis week the kids had exams at school so when I got home from my morning bus run had time to get some stuff done around here and then off to pick them up at school. I really hate to exercise when there is anyone home. Exams are done no excuses back to working out tomorrow!! I have been drinking my water though.

Welcome {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Cali Mum}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}},

You are in the right place. I am going on a cruise in October too. I too have been a WW and any other program you can name drop out! I have lost 100+ pounds more than once and several thousand in various increments from 20 to 90 pounds a pop! So you are preaching to the choir on that one. What I am doing differently this time is--losing primarily for health reasons. I have degenerative joint disease in both knees, asthma, and overall blahs. LOL I am also incorporating exercise from the start. I would always say well,I'll star exercising when I lose x amount of pounds. Deep down I do not think I really wanted to exercise so whenever I would get close to the number I would have a major relapse. Anyway, let your mom be your encourager and go for it. YOU CAN DO IT!

Today's weigh in : Minus 2 pounds now at 248. I am so excited to be under 250 so that light weight can move at my primary care's office!

I went to exercise yesterday as I planned and they had canceled the class. :( But I think God was doing for me what I could not do for myself. I was so tired that I took a 15 minute nap in the car ( I went directly from dinner) before going in. I knew I could not do any "land" exercises. I went home and went to sleep.

So how is everyone's WOEX and WOE going? Is it working? Does it need some changes? What interesting thing have you discovered about yourself along this journey?

Have a great day.

Natalie

We see the world not as it is, but as we are.

Hi everyone! It's so cool to see new names everytime I check in! Woohoo! :D I'm getting back into the swing of things. I have found from past experience that I can't make too many dietary changes at once or I find myself in a world of hurt. For those who are new, I have crohn's and an ileostomy. The crohn's is inactive by the ostomy can give me some drama if I change everything up at once so I find that my changing one meal a day every couple of days I can get back into my lower carb eating pattern pretty quickly without killing myself in the process.

Baby-man is not yet sleeping through the night but he is sleeping pretty well and I'm close to getting enough rest now. I'm hoping to get back onto the exercise bike for at least 15 minutes a day starting next week. I'd like to get back into pilates and yoga like I was doing before Thanksgiving but my neck and shoulder are still giving me fits. I'm going to go back to the chiropractor next week.

Ok, ya'll I need a HUGE push. I'm at 204 and I want to be below 200 by the end of February even with this new baby and everything that's going on. I know I can do it. Heck, I'd like to be close to 190 by then but breaking 200 is my first goal. Then 196 will be my 40 pound mark.

Tami

Happy Friday

You all are not going to believe this! A lady at my job is transferring to another department. Of course, there is a party> Why do they have a fountain that is cascading melted chocolate….there is fruit, marshmellows, pretzels, potatoe chips, cake and cookies to have drizzled with the chocolate. Everyone wanted me to see it. I really did not want to see it, but I went just to ooh and aah and I immediately STEPPED away from it. I can smell it at my desk (at the other end of the office). I have chosen not to any at all. I do not tolerate sugar at all. I am doing so well with my WOE that does not include sugar or flour. I just thought I would share how the world goes on…Also they did not want to go to lunch until 1PM rather than 11:30AM because they were all STUFFED. I had brought my lunch and was able to eat the veggies out of it before I passed out. I had not eaten since 6 AM.I am keeping my commitment to me-to take care of myself no matter what.

Have a wonderful weekend. Keep me lifted in prayer and encouragement as I embark on my "real" life.

Natalie

Hi everyone,

I had a wonderful discovery this morning. My daughter bought me a large bath sheet (the small 35x70 one-lol) in my favorite color -purple. She bought it 2 weeks ago. In the catalogues you always see the lady standing there with 1/4 of it wrapped around her while holding the other 3/4 to demonstrate how LARGE it is. Well, when I got it it still did not close. :( This morning I noticed that is closed all the way to my knee! Oh my goodness. Is that like the best news since sliced bread for me. I am so pleased. Especially since I am at school in a dorm with a shared bath down the hall. Now I do not have to have 2 towels! Yippee. Talk about encouraging.

Saturday I took an introduction to spinning class at the Y. Can you say ouch in thee most private places? It was interesting. I will go again for another introduction class and then take a beginner class to see if I do or do not like it. I have found that I am quick to dismiss anything that does not come easy to me. As you may have guessed I have missed out on a lot of things. So I will take at least 5 more classes before I make a decision. If push comes to shove and I do not like it, I can still do a class twice a month just for the variety.

Have any of you who are not already born organized found that you are cleaning and decluttering more? I find the connection fascinating. Let me know.

Natalie

Thanks you all for the kind words.

PS The folks at school are noticing my weight loss. That makes me want to keep going too.

Natalie- that's great about the bath sheet! It truly is the little things isn't it!:D Only someone else who is trying to lose 100 pounds could understand that one.

AS for as the organization and decluttering goes, I was the opposite. It was only when I decided I could not stand the clutter and started taking control of it that I started getting control of my weight too. I've noticed that when the clutter starts backing up again, like when I had to move all of Grandma's stuff out of her condo and into here in a very short time so I could sort it, my weight goes up too. Clutter effects your mood and mood effects your weight. They're very much interrelated for many of us. We watch alot of Animal Cops and those kinds of shows and I've noticed that alot of the horders, although not all, tend to be very overweight. I'm sure there's some psychology behind it all. Where's Dr Phil when I' need him?:rolleyes:

I'm having a hard time getting back into my lower carb/GI WOE. I've been having terrible weather related headaches this week and I just don't want to eat at all. Not good for keeping steady blood sugar. At least it's supposed to level out at this new temperature for the next several days even though it is COLD! Hopefully the headaches will go away and I can get back into the groove again.

Tami

Hi all! I would love to join your group. My name is Jess and I am 26. My ultimate weight loss goal is to lose half of myself. But somehow I do not see myself even at 5'7" at 140lbs. I would be happy with losing 100 and any more would just be gravy. Even at my most fit, I have always had Pam Anderson boobs and a JLo behind. I am going to start a low carb diet (per my doctor's request). My blood pressure is sky high, which is definately a huge red flag that I need to get more fit. My husband and I want to try and start a family in a year or two. However, with my PCOS there is no way I will conceive till I get to a healthier weight. We are booking on the Pride of Hawaii for Dec 11th of this year. My husband is a very generous man and offered to take along his bf and his bf's gf without even telling me first! I was pretty suprised to say the least. The thought of Hawaii at my current weight totally disgusts me. My only saving grace is that the other woman comming with us is also quite overweight. I don't know how well I could handle the beaches with a perfect size 6 on the next chair over.

Hi Jess, Welcome aboard! I also have PCOS. You'll be surprised how fast some of the annoying symptoms go away with low carb. I highly suggest you get thee to the library or bookstore and read Protein Power and especially the Protein Power Life Plan by Michael Eades and Mary Dan-Eades. Some of it is a little technical unless you studied biology and chemistry :D but still it's the best description I've found for explaining how insulin works in the body and how insulin resistance works. Since you have PCOS you are at serious risk for insulin resistance.

We're all here to help and many of us are on low carb. I'm trying to reach my 40 pound mark by the end of the month. REggie has lost,what ? Almost 80 now? Some how post have lost more than 100. Just remember, the first two weeks of low carb are the hardest. Then it becomes normal.

Tami

Do you have room for 1 more person in your group?

My name is Debbie and i'm 42 years young. LOL :)

I joined WW Jan 23 and so far i lost 7 pounds my 1st week and at todays weigh-in i lost another 2 pounds. I know i have a lot more to go but at

least now i'm heading in the right direction. We have a B2B booked for Nov 26 and i refuse to go on another cruise looking and feeling like this :mad:

Congrats to all the losers this week. Keep up the great work :D

~~Debbie~~

Archived