Anybody need to loose 100+ lbs

At 290 pds, I need to lose right around 100 pds to get back down to a healthy weight.

My doctor gave me the diabetes/heart disease scare this week after going in and complaining of headaches.

So I have joined weigh watchers and going to up my karate classes to four times a week.

Hi and welcome! I'm 35 pounds into my 90 pound goal. Karate 4 days a week ought to get you started on the right path. Everyone here is doing a slightly different Way of Eating (WOE) and Way of Exercise (WOEX) but we are here to support eachother through good and bad. Good luck with WW. Personally, it makes me rebel like a toddler in a toy store. :rolleyes: Too much journaling and counting.:D I know it works for alot of people though.

In my last post I recommended a couple of books including Protein Power LifePlan and You, the Owner's Manual. Since your doctor is talking to you about diabetis and heart disease and you're having headaches these would be excellent books for you to read. I know that my cholesterol dropped from 174 to 144 when I started a protein power/Southbeach kind of WOE. That was by accident too.

We had to cut out most processed foods because my youngest daughter was diagnosed with food allergies to corn, eggs, peanuts and peas. I thought that peanuts would be hard but it was the corn that was and still is a nightmare. Corn starch, corn oil and the worst offender of all for everyone's health, HIGH FRUCTOSE CORH SYRUP. The obesity rates and diabetis rates have skyrocketed since manufacturers started using that little ingredient. I'm hoping that all this interest in Ethanol will drive the price of corn up and manufacturers will have to go back to using sugar. It's at least better than corn syrup. All the other allergies have gone away, although I still won't give her anything with peanuts but corn is in EVERYTHING. And she still reacts badly to corn. (Ok, off soapbox now! :D )

What I can't get over is how much better I feel since we cut out the processed stuff. And the first 25 pounds dropped really easily. I'm having to work harder now.

Tami

Thanks for the advice I will go an look into those books. Actually the main reason I am using WW is for the forced weigh in's. I find that if I am accountable to someone I will do better.

I know what you mean about processed foods, if you read the labels on foods it is very very very scary when you can't pronounce have of what is in there.

Good morning all,

Welcome to all the new members of this wonderful group.

Update: I was doing ok being off work and recovering from the surgery (only about 3 pound gain) until the last two weeks. For some reason I felt that I could just eat and drink whatever I wanted. I blew up. On my first day back at work (June 5) I was what seemed like a million pound over weight. :( I purposely did not check in. Then it was revealed to me that by not checking I was not keeping with my commitment to be honest. :( Unfortunately, I can not go back and change that.

Having returned to my WOE and a modified WOEX this week, I am happy to report that I am back to 239 which is exactly what I weighed before I had my surgery. BTW The girls are really doing wonderfully.

So I will continue to do what I need to do to reach my goal for my cruise.

Hopefully,I'll be on the board more next week. I have added getting 8 hours of sleep to my plan. As you may have guessed a LOT of things have had to be eliminated. Computer time is one of the things I have had to really curtail, along with tv watching.

Have a wonderful weekend. Keep up all the good work. Prayers for healing of everyone in all ways needed.

Hi everyone! I'm hanging in there and doing ok. Had to go get a medrol dosepack for my asthma yesterday. They're still putting in crops around here so I'm assuming that my allergies have it all stirred up. I'm better today. I hope so. DH and I need to give our herd of goats their shots today which means an hour or so of goat-robics. I will definitely get my exercise today.:D

Natalie- glad to have you back. I'd been wondering about you. 8 hours of sleep though:confused: What's that? Baby-man is going through a growth spurt and back to being up and taking at least one bottle at night.

Gjohnson- I decided when I really needed that college chemistry class I had to decipher food labels that it was time to start doing away with processed and try to buy more organic. Too scary otherwise.

Tami

Hello Everyone...

Just a quick post to say hello. Still on my diet and doing pretty good. I lost 2 lbs last Monday, bringing my total weight loss to 22 lbs. Hopefully this Monday's weigh in will be good to me as well. I've stayed focus so I should see 1 or 2 lbs.

Natalie~Glad to see your post. Missed you! You have done great considering the surgery, recovery time, etc... Whatever you did while being away is behind you and now you are back on track. You go girl!!!

Tami~Hope your asthma is better. Goat-robics...:D You are too funny!

Caribbeandreaming & gjohnson~Welcome to the thread. I pray you find the support you need on these boards. One thing I see important to any weight loss program is to drink plenty of water. It will honestly make you look & feel better. I read an article in my newspaper that said the more weight you have to lose, the more water you should drink.

Where is everyone? Must be busy with end of school year and summer activities.

Everyone ready to cruise? Just think how good we will look & feel come cruise time. We will be so glad that we stayed focused! THINK NEW CRUISE CLOTHES!!! ;) Keep up the good work!!!

I hope & pray everyone has a wonderful week-end and a great new week.

Take care...

~Kathi

><> <>Everything we do, we do for HIM! ><> ><>

Good Morning Everyone.....

I so sorry about not checking back in for a while but a lot of things have been going on over here.

Hopefully tomorrow morning i will have more time to chat with you all.

As for our cruise let's just say hubby and i had a second honeymoon ;) BUT i will tell you all i will NEVER again do a Carnival cruise. This was our 2nd cruise on the Legend and both times sucked. No service, room service sucked big time, ordered stuff through bon voyage and didn't recieve it until 3 days after we were on the ship AFTER i had to keep calling them. Then what i ordered they were out of so they had to replace it with something different, boring, boring, boring. There was never anything to do. The shows didn't start until midnight so we missed them all. The deck party was a mess. No chairs to sit on up top PLUS the drink servers were to lazy to climb the stairs to offer drinks. Needless to say we stayed there a half hour and left. The crew all looked miserable and i mean miserable. Never smiling at all. The only nice crew memeber we had was our waiter. We never got served drinks by the pool. We would sit there a good half hour to an hour then hubby would have to go and get something. The same thing happened on that ship the first time.One day hubby and i were walking though the ship and there was an officer coming the other way, he made us move for him and never even said hello to us. Pissed us right off. From now on i'm sticking with NCL because the crew are so great and gracious. I know i'm probably missing some stuff but i don't want to bore you all to death. The weather was nice except for 1 day but it was really nice having an aft balcony enjoying the view.We also had neighbors from hell. 1 morning they woke us up at 5 a.m. singing loudly on the balcony. Anyhoo that's enough of that.

As for my weight i went to WW last monday and got my 16 weeks and lost 1.2 pounds. I will check back in with you all tomorrow after weigh-in.

I'm also planning my daughter's graduation party. I can't believe my baby is graduating :(

Just found out last week my MIL has cancer again so we have been running a lot that's why i haven't been here.

Gotta run for now. Hope you all have a great day and good luck with your weigh-ins :D

~~Debbie~~

Hello Everyone! I have been keeping an eye on the board but just too disappointed in myself to post. I have been having such a hard time staying focused on my weight loss (or should I say lack of). I have a hundred excuses, but nothing that is valid. I need to recommit myself to this. I will be going to Oregon at the end of the week to pick up my granddaughter and we will spend a few days on the coast before coming home. I want to get back to my weight loss program but (there's that but) for the next three weeks I just don't want to slide backwards. When my granddaughter goes home, the first of July, I think I will return to the Nutrisystem program.

Natalie-thank you for your input on seeing a doctor regarding surgery sooner rather than later. My surgery will be different that yours in that "the girls" have been a real let down and will need to be put in their place. I think this will need to be done after additional weight loss but, will check with my doctor. I hope you continue with your great recovery and weight loss.

Kathi- I am sorry you lost your friend, my mother died died unexpectedly from an aneurysm over 27 years ago and I still miss her everyday. You are doing so good - keep it up.

Hello to all the new posters.

I wish everyone a good week and much success.

Lynn

good morning everyone! It was a busy weekend but I at least managed to maintain my weight even with Mom's 60th birthday party yesterday. Of course I did all the cooking, so that helped.:D My 2 oldest kids leave for 4H camp this Wed so we're having party leftovers and I'm not cooking at all this week. When it's gone, we eat out!:D Thursday night it will just be Baby-man and I as youngest DD is staying with a friend and DH has to go into work early. Woohoo! Mom gets a vacation too!

I've got to get it back in gear this week because I've been stuck at 201 for the longest time now. This is getting stupid! It's all because I let my schedule control me instead of the other way around. My goal this week while the kids are gone is to get menus set up for the next couple of weeks and get the non-fresh food in the house for it. Then I need to get back into the daily exercise habit too. I was doing well for a while but then got off track again when I fell and hurt my wrist. don't even know why a hurt wrist kept me from getting on the bike! Just and excuse!

Debbie- We took our first cruise on the Carnival Sensation and I was not at all impressed with them either. We specifically took Carnival because they supposedly had such good kids programs but every time our kids went they were stuck in a small room and the kids' pool was broken the entire trip. I'm neither the type to sit in the sun all day nor the type to drink all day or night. Needless to day there wasn't alot to do for us. The big pools were too crowded and to deep for the kids and other than some really dumb "cruise" games there were no activities. The only real highlight on the ship, although it was really frightening, was watching them do a lifeboat drill in Cozumel and drop one boat on top of another.:rolleyes: Our kids have begged us not to do another Carnival cruise.

Tami

Tami, it sounds as if you had as much fun as we did. LOL :D Like i said i'm sticking to what i know is good and that's NCL.

My weigh-in yesterday was ok. I lost 2 pounds. I'm a little mad because if it weren't for the cruise i would have been down more. I gained 10 pounds in those 8 days :eek: I did lose those 10 i gained plus now i'm down 3.2 pounds in 3 weeks. I was averaging 8 to 10 pounds a month before the cruise. At least the scale is going in the right direction. I'm down 37 1/2 pounds since Jan 23rd.

Not feeling very good today i have some stomach bug so maybe i will check back in later.

Have a great day everybody :D

~~Debbie~~

Hi everyone.

Well, I did get back on the bike yesterday for 20 minutes but couldn't go very hard because I'm still fighting this respiratory thing. I'm on my last day of medrol so I just made another apointment for tomorrow with the allergist. I'll drop the older two off at the bus for camp and then head on down. Younger DD and I will go do father's day shopping after that.

I sat down yesterday and made out 2 weeks worth of menus starting Sunday. I went back to what I was doing when I lost the original 30. I have a family reunion in the middle of it but still, I'm going to get back on track with this. I only have 3 months until I turn 40 and 5 months until Jamaica. I'm tired of hanging out in the same place on the scale. I've been here for a couple of months now. I'm over it.:rolleyes:

Debbie- Hope you feel better. Stomach bugs are no fun.

Tami

Hello Everybody!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far. I had a good weigh-in Monday. Lost -3 lbs. Bringing my total loss to 25 lbs. Exercise is better than it has been in the past. Find I go longer and want to get it done. Now to stay focused for another week. ;)

Debbie~I am so sorry you didn't have a good cruise. We wait too long for our vacations to have them ruined. I am also sorry to hear about your MIL. I will pray for her. How did your daughter's graduation party turn out? By the way, you have done an awesome job with your weight. Keep up the good work! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Lynn~I pray that you have a safe journey to Oregon and back home. I know you will have a great time with your granddaughter while she is visiting. Don't worry, you will get back on track. Just think cruise~~:cool:

Tami~Making out your menu for two weeks! You go girl!! Sounds like you are determined. No doubt you will get over this slump. Enjoy some of your free time this week. Maybe you can try to find one of those family organizers to help with your schedule. I love reading anything to help or keep me organized. Have you ever read any of the books by Emily Barnes

"More Hours in My Day"

"Creative Home Organizer"

"The 15 Minute Organizer".

These are good books that are worth reading. She has some great ideas.

Have a wonderful week! My thoughts & prayers are with you all.

Take care & chat later...

~Kathi

><> ><> Everything we do, we do for HIM! ><> ><>

I would like to join this group, new to the board and new to cruisin, right now I will be happy with any weight loss, but in reality I need to lose 40lbs, that way when I go on my trip I won't be huffing and puffing walking up and down stairs or be able to keep up with all the others and just feel good. But right now I will happy with a 1lb loss a week. Is there a weigh in on this board and if so when. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please help me to help myself.

Kalaine

I would like to join this group, new to the board and new to cruisin, right now I will be happy with any weight loss, but in reality I need to lose 40lbs, that way when I go on my trip I won't be huffing and puffing walking up and down stairs or be able to keep up with all the others and just feel good. But right now I will happy with a 1lb loss a week. Is there a weigh in on this board and if so when. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please help me to help myself.

Kalaine

Welcome to the boards :D I go to my WW meeting on Monday and get weighed in then come here and share with everybody.

I'm sure you will LOVE these boards as the people here are awesome.

Good Luck on your journey.

Tami and Kathi,

I feel a little better today but i still have the bug. Thanks for the well wishes :)

Kathi, No party yet. She graduates on Tues. and we will be having her party on the 24th.

My MIL has to go for surgery but the docs aren't in any rush to do it so i guess that's good.

Back to doing my laundry. Have a great day everybody......

~~Debbie~~

I always wonder why is it when I am not "dieting or eating healthy" I don't think about food at all. But the minute I say that I am going to stick to something and eat more healthier all I can think about it food.

My scale reading was 279.5 today first time I have been below 280 in about 9 months.

I always wonder why is it when I am not "dieting or eating healthy" I don't think about food at all. But the minute I say that I am going to stick to something and eat more healthier all I can think about it food.

My scale reading was 279.5 today first time I have been below 280 in about 9 months.

Just try and focus on something else. It's not easy but you can do it. Congrats for being under the 280 mark as well. Keep up the good work and then you can reward yourself with a CRUISE when you get down to the weight you want :D

Remember we didn't get like this overnight so it will take some time to get the weight off and start feeling better.

Have a great day :)

~~Debbie~~

The easiest way to avoid this whole melodrama for me is to clean up my environment. If garbage isn't in the house to eat and only healthy stuff is then I don't have to concentrate on making the healthy choice. Whatever I eat will be healthy. Same with your workplace, car or whereever you eat. I keep a snack bag in the car with stuff. I got in the habit when my DD always needed a snack that was safe for her food allergies but it works great for healthy eating too.

Also, I find that the first week is a BIG challenge. The second week is a little easier and the 3rd week, as long as I don't give in becomes second nature and I don't think about it any more. The key is to not give in. Once you give in and take "just a little bite" it starts all over. :rolleyes: So unfair!

Tami

Good morning all,

I have not been keeping up as much as I would like...so sorry.

A lot on my plate with my brother's illness.

Without disregarding everyone's post I would just like to say everyone is keeping me grounded one way or another. Either by faith or practicality. I love it all. The weight is coming off quickly or slowly, but it is coming off.

After losing all that off the plan weight. I then turned around and gained 2 pounds this last week. Go figure.

My vacation starts today after work. I plan to go to the Y and do the water aerobics and some cardio. This will be my first time back since before my surgery. I have been walking at least 20 minutes per day during the week for the last two weeks.

I am going to Columbus for the weekend. (2 hours from home) I am taking food with me. I am going to follow my WOE.

Thanks again to each and everyone of you.

Thanks for all the newbies. Support is always encouraged.

I am glad to part of this dynamic group.

Natalie

Hi everyone! Everyone got back from camp yesterday and their friend's house so it's back to chaos and mayhem around here.:D Actually, nearly everyone is still in bed. We went to see Oliver at the dinner theater in Indy last night. It was very good but we didn't get home until very late.

I'm hoping to get into our pool for exercise today. It will be the first time this year. I'm ready!

Natalie- Glad to hear from you. Hope you have a good vacation. Columbus is a nice area but watch out for the cops! Columbus is a bad area for us Indiana drivers. We're used to Indiana rules where you can fudge the speed limit by up to 10 MPH as long as you're not being stupid and tailgating or dodging in and out of traffic. (We all think we're race car drivers, you know. Too many years of livingin proximity to IMS) Ohio troopers don't allow that.:D The only time I've ever been pulled over I got a $91 ticket for going 7 miles over the speed limit in Ohio and he pulled me over in a pouring thunderstorm to give it to me!:eek:

Tami

Hi everyone! How are you all? I finally have the scale moving again! I'm really dragging this week though. Baby-man has not been sleeping well. I think he's going through a growth spurt and he wants to eat all the time, even at night. It's only 10:30am and I need a nap!:rolleyes:

Tami

Kalaine & Sweetpea2~Welcome to this thread. I hope you find the extra support you need from these boards. What kind of food plan are you guys doing? Both of your goals sounds very do-able. Good luck and stay focused, just think CRUISE! Oh yea...and drink lots & lots of water...:rolleyes: You asked about a weigh-in day. Mine is on Monday mornings, but I believe everyone has their own weigh-in day that best fits their schedule. (I picked Monday's because it makes me accountable for my week-end.)

I weighed in last Monday 6/18. Just maintained. Still at 25 lbs total loss. But I have stayed focused the entire time & the weight loss will eventually show up...so I am not worried about it. My inches count more than my pounds. Especially as I start exercising more.

I keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Hope everyone has a good weekend and a great week ahead.

Take Care & Chat later...

~Kathi

><> ><> Everything we do, we do for HIM! ><> ><>

Hi all- Had a family reunion yesterday. Didn't do too badly because it was all "chemical food" as DS put it.:D I'm up a pound but I'm back on track today and should be able to dump it pretty quickly.

I'm going back to the DR again because I'm still fighting this asthma junk.:rolleyes: This is getting REALLY old and it's interfering with my exercise routine alot.

Tami

Wow you sound like me!

Hi everyone, Myname is Sally and I am going on a cruise on the Carnival Spirit on 4-27-07. Anyone else here going on that one? It's to Hawaii. I have run my own weight loss group online for the past 3 years.. I've helped so many people lose weight.. as I can motivate an army! lol But I have still my own weight to lose. My husband and i started a few months ago and we're doing about 1 lb. a week.. weakly following the CORE WW plan. No exercise yet.. but I have curves set up. What I"ve found that is very helpful is that I watch these people that have so much to lose and they just keep on plugging away at it and lose a lb. a week or half a pound.. but it's all adding up and some I'ms eeing now are down 23 lbs. or 28 lbs. and some more or less. But it all adds up no matter how slow it seems to come off.. it's coming off!! So I decided to focus on making the right choices and doing my best in that sense. I have 10 months before our cruise and I can lose alot before then if I keep my mind focused like all of you are doing.

We weigh ourselves on Friday mornings so I guess I'll do the same here and see how close to goal I get by APril 27th. :)

It's so nice to meet you all :)

~Sally~

Tami I used to suffer from severe asthma, always in the hospital with treatments and pneumonia.. awful!! 3 years ago I changes the products in my home to chemical free ones.. bath and body as well. And after about a month, I no longer needed my inhalers and have not needed them since!! To me it's been a miracle! I used to get migraines as well and those have also stopped!!! I dont know if you have ever heard of Melaleuca, but I use their products in my home. They're amazing!! The best cleaners and shampoos and all with no more asthmatic attacks!

Just something to think about :)

~Sally~

Archived