Live from Uniworld River Princess May 25, 2014

rrhound

Hi - I know of at least one couple that will be on this ship starting June 7th, heading back the way we came. In case anyone else is interested I thought I'd share a link to my blog - I've been updating it every day. We boarded the Uniworld River Princess May 25th in Vienna and will get off June 7th in Amsterdam. We're on the European Serenade trip and thoroughly enjoying ourselves.

I really do love the ship, and think that a European river cruise is one of the best ways to travel! I love just sitting on the ship watching the scenery go by, and to date, we've been able to walk off the ship right into town.

The tours have been very nice, the guides very knowledgeable and the vox box thing they use to talk to everyone is one of the best inventions ever. No straining to hear what they say or having to stay bunched up in a tight group.

I'll post a link to pictures of the cabin in the next few days, but in the mean time if you want to see what we've been doing for the last 5 days here's my blog which includes a fair number of photos also.

http://thehorseandhound.blogspot.com

Happy sailing everyone!

Kathy

We are currently sailing and just went through the last of the tall locks (25m) and then OVER a road. That was very interesting. The rain has stopped long enough for us to sit on the top lower deck, the one in front of the bridge (the rest of the sun deck is closed until Frankfurt due to low bridges). Still cold though, the high may reach 14c, and the wind is biting! But we're loving it.

Kathy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We've just returned home from our cruise from Amsterdam to Istanbul on Uniworld's River Duchess Looks like you visited the same places we did only the other way Loved our voyage

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We've just returned home from our cruise from Amsterdam to Istanbul on Uniworld's River Duchess Looks like you visited the same places we did only the other way Loved our voyage

Hello Junsam

I'm also enjoying following these posts. We will be on Uniworld's Castles on the Rhine cruise in the fall and will have three days on our own in Amsterdam post-cruise. If you stayed in Amsterdam before your cruise, did you take any day trips outside the city? Any suggestions about places you did see in the city?

:) We're on the same cruise as rrhound (just happens to be our daughter) along with another couple, our son and his wife. Uniworld is absolutely wonderful. The only thing I can find to complain about are their salt mills---they just don't work! If that's the only thing, it's pretty good. The staff is wonderful and the amenities are all first class.

We're staying on board today along with 7 others while the bulk of the passengers head off to Rothenburg. We just decided to take a day off touring and enjoy our private yacht!

I have a blog as well (www.pamryanstravels.blogspot.com) with a slightly different take than my daughter's.

Anybody planning a trip on Uniworld: you will love it! I think we have been converted to river cruising!

Since Bamberg we have been to Wurzburg, Miltenberg, Frankfurt, Heidelberg and Rudesheim. Tonight we've docked in Cologne right next to the Chocolate museum. And I mean right next to it. I can see it from my window, along with a beautiful view of one of the bridges. Which is sort of amazing considering the amount of rain we've had today.

Here's a link to the Rhine Valley and castles

http://thehorseandhound.blogspot.nl/2014/06/rudesheim-and-rhine-valley-castles-june.html

And we're now docked in Cologne and I had to post a few more pictures from tonight.

http://thehorseandhound.blogspot.nl/2014/06/cologne-arrival-in-rain.html

Kathy

I'm excited to see this thread! I will be doing the reverse, Amsterdam to Vienna, and then onto Bucharest in a few months.

I booked a year ago and it's finally becoming real. 29 days on Uniworld. :)

Our second to last stop was in Cologne. The cathedral is amazing!

http://thehorseandhound.blogspot.nl/2014/06/cologne-june-5.html

We're now officially off the River Princess. We were on the 10:30 bus into Amsterdam (there was a small change in schedule we found out about a couple days before we arrived) where we were dropped off in front of the harbor and picked up the taxi that had been arranged for us. The Taxi got our luggage and a couple of us to our houseboat, which is where we're now staying for 4 more nights.

Kathy

Below is a link to my posting for the last days on the cruise - in Amsterdam, and a very tiny village called Wijk bij Duurstede, The Netherlands.

http://thehorseandhound.blogspot.nl/2014/06/amsterdam-june-6-7.html

We are now in our houseboat "Prins & Brouwer" and having a great time exploring the city. We've sat on our deck at the table having cocktails and actually delighted at seeing some of our shipmates sail by on the canal cruises! (Both sides waving madly and grinning!) And Mom and Dad ran into some other shipmates today while they were wandering around. Pretty fun.

I'll still be updating my blog with the rest of our trip, but now that we're off the Uniworld ship I won't be linking to here. We'll be heading home Wednesday. Hard to believe the 3 weeks is almost over.