Live From Grand June 1st Alaska

rwstout

Thanks for doing this live post, I'm looking forward to hearing more. We've been looking at going on the Grand later this summer so very interested.

I was wondering if you would be able give the list of senior officers onboard currently which would have been in the patter on the first day? :)

Thank you for the live, sharing your time with us. May the weather be fantastic, may your time never end, and may you have a wonderful cruise!!

I will be looking forward to hearing all about the Grand.

Sea day. Lazy day it was today. We got up this morning and went down to breakfast. Service was fast but food was not fully cooked oh well. The. To the watch ship. My husband loves watches. Then we went to try and get our drink cups that came with our beverage package. We got part of them. Then we went back to the room for a bit. For Luch we went to the main dinning room. Food and company was great. We then walked around things seemed a bit crazy. DH found the chocolate shake. Chocolate ice cream with more chocolate. He was a happy camper. Then he went back to room and I went to the meet and greet. It was in the One5 night club which was nice. Service was good. I had to leave early to get my hair done for my vow renewal. As I walked from the back of the ship to the front (where the spa is) you can see the wear in the ship but all so that it is clean.

The vow renewal was beautiful. Pictures to follow. The captin came in and did the ceremony then off with a photographer we went for about 45 min. Formal night so was good to be all dressed up. We went to dinner and service and food was good. Lots of trying to sell you drinks and shot glasses however.

Well rest of the night we spent in room. Lol I will write about Ketchikan later today.

thanks for the answer on the pool do you think it will be open on our trip many thanks jenny and frank:):

If you mean the pool, yes it should be open.

If you mean the roof over the pool, it is rarely opened.

Ok have to post this before out of sail signal. So we went to tea and we laughed our way through it though not impressed. But as we walk out of the dinning from there is water leaking from the sealing so we told a water or kind of said yeah we have them every were right now. Umm think this is a problem. He did not seem to think so but I did as there is a puddle that someone could slip fall on. I went and told the front desk. Really!!! Ketchican was beautiful I will try again post pictures but it is not seeming to work for me.

Ketchican was beautiful and expensive. We bought my husband an Omaga watch. Dinner service was good. Today we went into Tracy Arm. We did not get in very far. A little disappointed for not seeing the glacer. But I still got many great pictures and I got breakfast from room service on the balcony. I will have to post pictures when I get home. We just walked around Juneau a little as my back is bothering me today. Then back to the boat. Lots of repairs are being done around the boat. In post with use were three other ships. Well headed to dinner now. Skagway and the Chet table tomorrow. Any questions please ask.

Wendy

Ketchican was beautiful and expensive. We bought my husband an Omaga watch. Dinner service was good. Today we went into Tracy Arm. We did not get in very far. A little disappointed for not seeing the glacer. But I still got many great pictures and I got breakfast from room service on the balcony. I will have to post pictures when I get home. We just walked around Juneau a little as my back is bothering me today. Then back to the boat. Lots of repairs are being done around the boat. In post with use were three other ships. Well headed to dinner now. Skagway and the Chet table tomorrow. Any questions please ask.

Wendy

thanks so much for your live posts.

i have read about the brutal windy conditions. is that what you are experiencing?

also

our cabin is on the starboard side. do you think the view would be better on the port or the starboard side?

thanks and enjoy