staying at the Marriott Key Biscayne Miami

d1cso4

Maybe my terminology is off, but how does the sun move from the east to the west without passing over something on earth (the pool) that is under it? (Yes, I know WE move and the sun doesn't, but same idea).

If you're saying there is no time of day when this pool is in the sun, I'll believe you. Sounds great to me.

I know, right? I argued the same with m hub...he was right, it doesn't get any sun but in a very tiny corner at a weird time of the day.

Maybe it depends on the time of year. Or maybe the surrounding buildings are SO tall they do block everything.

Will have to check it out for a future stay.

If you are looking for sun...they do allow you to walk up to the other JW hotel and use their pool. In December the walk was fine...not sure I would like to do that walk in the hotter months.

Absolutely love the rooms in the Beaux Arts Hotel.

If you are looking for sun...they do allow you to walk up to the other JW hotel and use their pool. In December the walk was fine...not sure I would like to do that walk in the hotter months.

Absolutely love the rooms in the Beaux Arts Hotel.

This is the one where we currently have a reservation:

JW Marriott Marquis Miami 255 Biscayne Boulevard Way,

Miami, Florida 33131 USA

Is it the one with the Beaux Arts or the "other one" with the sunny pool ?

And is it next to the Courtyard Brickell ?

Or is it another location entirely?

(Fort Lauderdale is so much easier!)

Edited by chamima

There are two JW Marriott hotels in Miami.

The "JW Marriott Marquis Miami" is the nicer of the two (much nicer). Karen, this is where you hold your reservation (as do we before our Jan 2015 Eclipse cruise). Hotel Beaux Arts Miami sits on the top floors. There is a Courtyard ("Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area") located a couple of blocks away.

The "JW Marriott Miami" sits about a mile south of the JW Marriott Marquis Miami and thus is a little further away from the port.

Edited by mahdnc

This is the one where we currently have a reservation:

JW Marriott Marquis Miami 255 Biscayne Boulevard Way,

Miami, Florida 33131 USA

Is it the one with the Beaux Arts or the "other one" with the sunny pool ?

And is it next to the Courtyard Brickell ?

Or is it another location entirely?

(Fort Lauderdale is so much easier!)

Beaux Arts the pool is not sunny, but you are right across the street from a fantastic restaurant (Zuma) and they do have beautiful views of the ships. Trulocks is a great place for happy hour and bar food. It's a 10 min. walk. Walgreens/CVS is right around the corner from Beau Arts for last minute purchases. (about two very short blocks)

...and yes, Fort Lauderdale is much easier! We like the Marriott on the beach ...just down the beach from where the locals wave from the rocks as you sail out to sea.

There are two JW Marriott hotels in Miami.

The "JW Marriott Marquis Miami" is the nicer of the two (much nicer). Karen, this is where you hold your reservation (as do we before our Jan 2015 Eclipse cruise). Hotel Beaux Arts Miami sits on the top floors. There is a Courtyard ("Courtyard Miami Downtown/Brickell Area") located a couple of blocks away.

The "JW Marriott Miami" sits about a mile south of the JW Marriott Marquis Miami and thus is a little further away from the port.

Is the courtyard near the square where they have out door music?

The view from the concierge lounge is great. They may not be serving but we make a Rum punch on the morning of the cruise and headed up to see the ship. In February we met a few people on the same cruise and toasted the ship before heading over.