staying at the Marriott Key Biscayne Miami

d1cso4

We are sailing on the Reflection November 29, 2014, but coming in the night before and our agent has us staying at the Marriott Key Biscayne. I wonder if anyone has anything good or bad to say. Plus is there places to go near by.

Thanks.

We are sailing on the Reflection November 29, 2014, but coming in the night before and our agent has us staying at the Marriott Key Biscayne. I wonder if anyone has anything good or bad to say. Plus is there places to go near by.

Thanks.

Not to worry, it's your usual Marriott and very convenient to the port. Ask for a high floor with a view of the port. I forget what is nearby but we did find dinner.

We started there for two nights before our cruise in March and really liked the hotel and location.We enjoyed drinks in the lounge and took the free shuttle into south beach.We really enjoyed our day at the Viscay museum check out on tripadvisor if you would like to see a beautiful Italian villa museum.On the way back to hotel we went to Toro Toro at the hotel Continental and had a fabulous happy hour. Sit at the bar the entire staff is great.We loved as seeing our boat from our room .ask for a harbor view.

Hello,

Thank you for your information !..i will try to get a port view room. the last time we sailed from Miami we stayed at the Intercontinental and was able to go to the Bayside market place. The market place was a nice place. we had dinner at the Bubba Gump and a few drinks. The Marriott was a better price this time.

Hello,

Thank you for your information !..i will try to get a port view room. the last time we sailed from Miami we stayed at the Intercontinental and was able to go to the Bayside market place. The market place was a nice place. we had dinner at the Bubba Gump and a few drinks. The Marriott was a better price this time.

The Marriott is not in Key Biscayne rather they call it Marriott Biscayne because it's close to "Biscayne Boulevard". It's a nice hotel. It is also close to the port. There are many trendy nice restaurnants nearby (cab ride) in the Design District.. You can also take a cab again to Bayside or to South Beach.

Thanks.

FYI...if you like sun by the pool..I believe this is the Marriot that has no sun, pool is always shaded. However, it is a very nice hotel and they do allow you to walk (about 15 min.) to the other Marriot to use their pool.

Thanks.

Have not stayed at that Marriott. When we have left from Miami or Ft Lauderdale we have stayed either in South Beach or Ft Lauderdale itself. Marriott has several boutique properties in South Beach that are unique in style and great in service. Rooms are more modern design than traditional Marriott's (I am a lifetime Platinum elite so I know my Marriott's) We stayed once in the Ritz Carlton in S. Beach and it has a great beach but pricey . These properties are close to the cruise port but staying in south beach you get a lot of traffic on weekends into and off the island. South Beach is alot of fun walking around. Lots of people and car watching and lots of restaurants and bars/clubs and stores too

Thanks.

If you don't need a sunny pool...the JW was fab! Floor to ceiling corner window views are incredible.

Hello Chuly,

Thanks for the information..we had stayed at the intercontinental when going on the Eclipse, but the Marriott had a better deal. So its a good cab ride to Bayside Market..My wife loved dining at Bubba Gump..(hardcore Tom Hanks fan). I guess the fare wouldn't be that expensive ?..well thank you again!

Check rates at the Beaux Arts hotel, it's one of marriott's edition hotels, sits on top 2 or 3 floors of the JW Marriott, walkable to BayCenter.

I found its rate the same as marriott last year and stayed. very cool, modern rooms. Most likely used for pro sports teams when they come into the city, as they can "lock down" those floors if needed and the hotel has a full basketball court as an amenity. service is outstanding and includes typical concierge amenities like breakfast (includes hot foods like egs sausages and bacon) in the lounge etc. standard. Bang & oulfson tv and stereo, fully automated room for blinds, windows, even remote control tv angle selection to move tv from bed to sofa viewing spot. very modern cool and hip.

If you don't need a sunny pool...the JW was fab! Floor to ceiling corner window views are incredible.

I try to upload some photos of the romm for you when hubs returns home. Beaux Arts / Marriott. The ONLY downside is no sun at the pool...but they do allow day passes at the other Marriott...about a 15 min. walk

Hello Curt,

Thanks for your input we were thinking of the Silhouette November 30th, but the cost was a little high..we were on the Eclipse in 2011 for the post-thanksgiving cruise and had so much fun!..i just wished they lowered the price. I will look into the hotel as we will be arriving in the eve and will most likely only have supper plus a few drinks...Roger

Is the JW the Marriott that is closest to the cruiseport?

I was told that the Courtyard on Brickell (sp?) (and I understand that's a totally different type of hotel) was the closest.

We've always sailed out of Fort Lauderdale and so I'm very familiar with the hotels there but am finding this whole Miami thing fairly confusing. :confused: :o :confused:

Is the JW the Marriott that is closest to the cruiseport?

I was told that the Courtyard on Brickell (sp?) (and I understand that's a totally different type of hotel) was the closest.

We've always sailed out of Fort Lauderdale and so I'm very familiar with the hotels there but am finding this whole Miami thing fairly confusing. :confused: :o :confused:

Is the courtyard next to Beaux Arts?

Is the courtyard next to Beaux Arts?

Beaux Arts is on the top floors of the JW.

And my problem is that, even after looking at maps of Miami, I'm still not sure which (if either) is closer to the cruise port or even other walkable evening activities or anything else. :confused:

Beaux Arts is on the top floors of the JW.

And my problem is that, even after looking at maps of Miami, I'm still not sure which (if either) is closer to the cruise port or even other walkable evening activities or anything else. :confused:

I'm confused, too. It looks like the courtyard (from the pics) is a smaller building next to JW. If this is the case...walking distance to lots of restaurants, shopping, etc. The other Marriott/JW/Beaux Arts is a 15 min. walk from JW Marriott. Most evening activities are pretty much centered between the two hotels.

Edited by 20pluscruises

Maybe my terminology is off, but how does the sun move from the east to the west without passing over something on earth (the pool) that is under it? (Yes, I know WE move and the sun doesn't, but same idea).

If you're saying there is no time of day when this pool is in the sun, I'll believe you. Sounds great to me.

Edited by warmwinds