Chef's Table

laurenpie

Hello,

I am thinking about booking the chefs table for my upcoming cruise.

I did have a couple of questions.

- How do I go about booking it prior to the cruise & what is the cost?

- What is the current menu? My reason for asking is my husband says I'm fussy (I disagree) but want to make sure I would eat everything :)

Thank you.

I have been on several chefs table and the menu "varies" lol by the chef. I laugh at that because in 2012 I did the chefs table on the liberty and then in 2013 I did it on the imagination and it was the same menu!!!

Anyways enough about that!

I think it's 95pp still.

You are going for the experience. Enjoy the surprise and try something new! I had fois gras( or however it's spelt) in October on the royal princess. Would I eat it again. Definitely not. But it was fun to try new things.

Plus chef doesn't like it much when ppl bugger with their menus!

I say go for it. Enjoy it and try something new! Plus you will get to help make a wc mc!!!

Ps don't wear heels. Flats are easier to stand in the galley while learning about the kitchen food consumption etc!

Pps. Definitely go hungry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Lauren :)

I see you will be sailing on the Carnival Legend.

The most efficient way to secure a reservation for the Chef Table

is to email the steakhouse manager directly aboard the Legend @:

LEsteakhouse@carnival.com

In the subject line of the email put (To: Steakhouse Manager)

Within the body of the email put your request for the Chef Table

dinner, the number of people in your party, your booking number,

your cabin number, sail date & name. The cost is $75 per person.

Here is the current menu. Have a terrific voyage!

SplendorChefTable_zpsf5681ca4.png

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Best way to reserve is indeed to email the Steakhouse contact for your ship.

I believe it is still $75 PP, but here is the rub.

IF you have allergies or sensitivities, I have found the Chef's to be very accommodating, but if you are a picky eater, or have very particular tastes, I would say maybe you want to save your money.

For that price you could do the Steakhouse twice.

The food is different, Steak Tartar and Tuna Tartar were on the menu's that we had-not everyone likes raw meat or fish for example.

Preparation is often unusual, and then there is the time. It's a lengthy meal, and if you aren't that into food, perhaps you might like to do something else.

I read that it was 75 per person. I would love to try it this August but I just got braces and it would be hard to navigate through all that yummy food. Preacher's wife.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Had the pleasure of enjoying the Chefs Table in November aboard the Fantasy... It was my favorite part of the trip! Food and service was AMAZING!!!

We signed up for it on the Lido deck when we first arrived to the boat. Looks like someone above gave you some great contact information to pre-book if you want!

Like someone else said... Go hungry!

The cost is $75 per person. This is a 3+ hour meal. There is wine paired with each course but you may opt out alcohol consumption if you choose. There is also champagne served. Some of the combinations are odd to my tastes but it is a chance to be adventuresome. I agree with the above posters if you have allergies speak up but if you are just picky then maybe the steakhouse would be more pleasing to your palate.

• 3 weeks later...

We are thinking of doing the Chef's Table in a few weeks on the Dream. We've taken lots of cruises, but never done this meal experience.

Questions-

1) if you opt out of the wine, is there a price difference? (I'm not a wine drinker.

2) what night is the chef's table usually held? We have favorite nights to eat in the MDR that we wouldn't want to miss.

Hello,

- What is the current menu? My reason for asking is my husband says I'm fussy (I disagree) but want to make sure I would eat everything :)

Thank you.

I did the Chefs table on the Conquest in May. It was great! It cost $75 per person but it is an entertainment event not just a dinner and included all the champagne and wine you wanted. They offered different wines with each course or if you had a fav you could just keep drinking that. They started with several appetizers, then a tour of the Galley, a cooking lesson on how to make chocolate melting cake, then sat down for dinner and served the following courses: Bread, Tomato done different ways, then Ceviche, then Cornish Hen, then Soup/salad (not sure which it was but while pretty was the only thing I didn't like), then salmon, then Osiago Beef, then dessert. They also had a magician do table magic. The Chef also checks with each person the day before and asks about any allergies, likes or dislikes and changes the dinner as needed for each person.

To see my pictures of each course go to the thread below:

"Conquest, formal nights and chefs table" post #9.

Edited by Jana60

Hello,

Thank you.

I recently booked this for out December Cruise. Thuis is the adders I was given to email a request. Include chefs table on the subject line. Also include you sail date, ship name, and room number. I received a response with 24 hours from the steakhouse email account of the Valor. Hope this helps.

Do they allow for singles to book the Chefs Table? I know I could never get my husband to go.

Angie,

I was reading a solo's cruise review and she has participated on quite a few, have fun,

Lyannea

I agree. We did it in the Conquest in August 2012 and it was worth every penny. Unfortunately it looks like they don't really change up the menu, and though I enjoyed it, I don't are a point in a repeat performance unless the menu changes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums