So excited but this formal night is stressing me out!

Not everyone is open to sharing clothing... but your daughters probably have friends who wore cute dresses to school dances.

We also shop consignment and thrift stores specifically for cruise wear. My daughter says "if I had a sister, I'd wear her stuff, so what's the difference?"

She has a closet full of sparkly little dresses that cost less than $10 each. You'd be surprised how many can be washed on the delicate cycle (we use the bags made for washing lingerie).

First, relax!

We took our 14 year old daughter on her first cruise years ago. She wore a lovely gown and had her long hair done in up in the hairdressing salon. She looked great. Looking back, it was a bit overkill but it was so fun and she looked beautiful, as we did. Took lots of pics.

On more recent cruises, we all dress up but not gowns, more or less evening wear. Let you girls decide. If you can afford it, nails and or hair at the ship's salon can make it extra special. Go California Chrome!!!!!

You could also buy lovely floaty maxi style dresses with embellishments that are full length. They are cool in the hot summer and are stylish enough for other occasions.

They look good with heels or embellished dressy flats as well.