Drink of the Day and Mango Tango Question

The glasses sound wonderful, but can you get the DOD without the alcohol in it and is it cheaper?

I know I am weird, but alcohol to me taste like drinking Nyquil cough syrup.

I have dranks some sparkling wines that are okay, but other wise, I get wine for hubby for his heart. He likes to drink about a glass everyother day.

But I would love to have at least one glass to keep for memorys sake.

Jly

YES! You can definitely get the drink of the day in "virgin" style. :) Pool side, the bar tenders may have a tray filled with the DOD and a bottle (usually rum) right there along with it. They ask you if you want it with or without :D Yes, it is less expensive, and I should know the amount, but sorry, it has escaped me!

Enjoy!

A~:)

I'm surprised that you got one free glass without the drink. We successfully used those BOGO specialty drink glass cards to get 2 glass DOD glasses filled with yummy drinks several times.

I never saw the insulated mugs. Oh well, guess I'll just have to cruise again to see for myself....

We only got 1 set of glasses from our Vision cruise. They are real glass, "hurricane" style, and have the Schooner Bar logo on them. Since that was our favorite bar, we decided to spring for the way-too-expensive frou-frou drinks ;) Anyway, I rolled them up in my swimsuit pareos and put them in my carryon bag in between some magazines and they made it home in one piece. Even after going up and down the coast of Cali and being in an earthquake! :)

On our June cruise, they sold out(very quickly) the glass souvenir glasses. They were really nice and I wish I could have purchase 3 of them to add to my one from our last cruise. Anyone want to get rid of theirs, let me know. I need the green, orange, and red striped ones. Won't be able to cruise from a long time(twin boys going to college next year, that's going to be VERY costly) Have a good day, KMBB:)

I loved the Mango Tango, especially made in Boleros where they substituted Casaba. Ok, I definitely spelled that Casaba word wrong, but it's a specialty liquor that is clear, tastes like tequila and has a red scorpion on the bottle. If you're looking at the Bolero's menu, it's listed on the left hand side on the bottom of the page (wow, did I spend too much time there or what??!!).

I love the specialty glasses that you can get on the last sea day. They're glass, sort of like a squatty martini glass in shape. They have a blue base and a wide blue rim with a swirl stripe of either yellow, green, orange, or red running through the non-blue part. DH and I are now proud owners of a set of 6 (thank you Boleros). They have a small round Crown and Anchor glass emblem permanently attached to the inside top rim of the glass. They're very nice. You can easily use them again. The blue happens to match all my regular glasses and dishes, so they've become part of my kitchen.

The plastic ones? They're a bit of a pain in that they take up space, you have to be careful they don't break, and then they end up being dust collectors anyway.

The glass DOD glasses were available everyday at the Sky Pool Bar on the Mariner this year. We have 14 of them. Bought an inexpensive tote in the gift shop, wrapped them in clothes, and they all made it home. The glass is thick and they don't seem very fragile.

I love the specialty glasses that you can get on the last sea day. They're glass, sort of like a squatty martini glass in shape. They have a blue base and a wide blue rim with a swirl stripe of either yellow, green, orange, or red running through the non-blue part. DH and I are now proud owners of a set of 6 (thank you Boleros). They have a small round Crown and Anchor glass emblem permanently attached to the inside top rim of the glass. They're very nice. You can easily use them again.

I have 4 of these from my last cruise, they are really nice and VERY heavy. I remember we had Goombay Smashes in them, which was the DOD. I ordered a virgin Goombay Smash for my 15 year old son, and the bartender in the dining room brought it back to him, along with mine and my husbands (non-virgin drinks). A couple of minutes later, my husband commented that his drink tasted pretty weak. I didn't think much of it until a few minutes later. All of a sudden I thought, OMG...I bet the dining room bartender mixed up the virgin drink for my 15 year old son. :eek: I looked over at him (his drink by now was almost empty), and he has this kind of spacey look on his face. I tasted what was left of his drink, and sure enough it had alcohol in it. From the way my son reacted to the small amount of alcohol, at least I know he doesn't drink at parties, etc...which a lot of kids his age do.

We all had a good laugh about it, especially when the bartender came back a few minutes later to offer us another Goombay Smash. Actually, he was very apologetic...but hey, mistakes happen.

My husband and I came home with a load of glasses (plastic and glass) last year. We went to Alaska on the Serenade. We KEPT a half dozen of the plastic glasses to bring home (2 of them were cracked when we returned); we also had two insulated mugs (Hot chocolate on the deck from the glacier); we have two hurricane glass glasses from the lobby bar; and only one of the heavy glass martini glasses with the swirls from the drink my husband got at the pool bar while at the glacier. Hoping to get a few more of these in September in the Caribbean.

Archived