Margarita Mixes

PSkinner

Has anyone ever taken the tubs of margarita mixers on a ship? Would they be allowed? I am talking about the tub with the pour spout that has the clear bag of margarita mix inside. If not, can anyone tell me a good recipe for margaritas if buy a bottle from bon voyage?

Has anyone ever taken the tubs of margarita mixers on a ship? Would they be allowed? I am talking about the tub with the pour spout that has the clear bag of margarita mix inside. If not, can anyone tell me a good recipe for margaritas if buy a bottle from bon voyage?

Just bring a bottle of lime juice & order a bottle of Triple Sec or Cointreau from Bon Voyage also.

Then make real margaritas: 3oz tequila, 2oz Triple Sec or Cointreau, & 1oz lime juice.

Tastes much better than any mix.

Just bring a bottle of lime juice & order a bottle of Triple Sec or Cointreau from Bon Voyage also.

Then make real margaritas: 3oz tequila, 2oz Triple Sec or Cointreau, & 1oz lime juice.

Yay! Somebody else who knows how to make a REAL Margarita. I hate it when bars add a "splash" of sugar syrup.

Unless you are ordering your tequila from Bon Voyage, bringing margarita mix on board will do you no good if your smuggled bottles of tequila are found. You'll still have to pay $ for shots of tequila which aren't all that cheaper , if not more expensive, that just ordering a margarita (not looking at a recent bar menu). And given recent posts on the rising cost of Bon Voyage beverages, I'd be surprised if you really saved all that much. I'd also be surprised if large bottles of margarita mixers would make it through the screeners just because they are larger than the 16-20oz size sodas and waters typically brought on board.

Are you sure about those measurements? :eek:

Our last cruise on the Magic, we carried on a 1L bottle of margarita mix no problem. We ordered tequila from BV.

We had powdered stuff as a backup, just in case they wouldn't let us bring it on, but they didn't even bat an eye at it.

Are you sure about those measurements? :eek:

We do 1 1/2oz tequila, 1oz Cointreau, and 1oz fresh lime juice. If you don't like them that strong, you can add some sour mix if you'd like.

To answer the original question. As long as the mix is powdered, and contains no alcohol, you should be able to pack it in your checked baggage just fine.

Edited by TruckinMama

Margarita is easy...

Just get some ltblenders. Just look it up on Google. Best Margarita mix there is. Just add tequila and some triple sec. Shake and poor over ice or freeze.

Hard to freeze on cruise ship without freezer. Very good on the rocks.

Skip