Brilliance - Deck 4

Hi folks, looking at a two week cruise on Brilliance for next year. Looking at deck 4 - inside cabin to keep costs down due to going on Anthem. Was wondering if anyone has any info about deck 4 with relation to passing traffic, noise, room sizes, recent make-over, etc etc. We sailed on her in 2009 on deck 10 and found her to be such a lovely ship so was wondering what she is like now.

Cheers & thanks :D

Hi folks, looking at a two week cruise on Brilliance for next year. Looking at deck 4 - inside cabin to keep costs down due to going on Anthem. Was wondering if anyone has any info about deck 4 with relation to passing traffic, noise, room sizes, recent make-over, etc etc. We sailed on her in 2009 on deck 10 and found her to be such a lovely ship so was wondering what she is like now.

Brilliance has been recently updated so your in for a new look throughout the ship. They added new dining places like Rita's Cantina, Giovanni's, Park Café, and Izumi. New bars were added like the R-Bar and Vintages.

Staterooms were also updated with new carpet and décor to give it a more modern look and flat screen TV's were added.

My advice to you is book it.

Which Brilliance cruise are you looking at? I have been in inside rooms on her for two TA's - Harwich to Boston and Tampa to Harwich this past year. I was in 2015 (cat Q) and 3635 (cat N) and loved both rooms for different reasons. I am booked on deck 4 on the Radiance next year and have booked deck 2 and 3639 again on the Jewel and the Serenade.

The deck 2 cabin was super convenient to the elevators and on a dead end quiet hallway. Only two flights up to the deck 4 Centrum. 3635 and 3639 are oversized inside cabins - about 190 square feet. The walk is further, but the cabin is super spacious. For Alaska on the Radiance I had to pick deck 4 cabins that would hold 3 people and I'm looking forward to them as well.

I was on the Brilliance in May and on the Cabin Crawl we went into a room on deck 4 that was turned sideways. We were on the 7th floor with a balcony and I couldn't believe how much more space that sideways cabin on deck 4 had over ours. I loved our balcony though. :)

Thanks for your thoughts. Interesting to read about the cabins that are sideways. Brilliance was our first cruise in 09 (Christmas & New Year) so we do have a soft spot for her and at the time, the food was amazing in the main dining room. So we'll have a think, its either Brilliance or Celebrity Eclipse to Russia, Cel have a drinks and OBC promotion going at the moment but being that the difference is £1000 - I don't think we could drink that much alcohol - it would be a sorry sight :p

When cruising on Brilliance I always stay in an inside on Deck 4. It's my favorite location on the ship. Convenient to the forward elevators, Centrum and MDR. Never have to wait for the elevator to get to breakfast in the MDR each morning. Suggest selecting a cabin closer to but not past the forward elevators.

Edited by xxoocruiser