Another humping question!

Help needed from the Balcony Guru's ...

West-bound transatlantic on Brilliance in early September

Room 7094 - Forward facing hump balcony (HUGE) on the port side.

Or

Room 8594 - Center hump on the starboard side.

First week is very port intensive and the last 5 days are at sea. So, would you take that big balcony, 1 deck lower, facing towards the sunrises on the run of sea days? Or, a regular balcony, 1 deck further above from the lifeboats, on the sunset side of the ship? Should the potential cool temperatures affect my decision?

Though the responses only numbered 4, you represent over 100,000 posts. I now am looking forward to 14 days in room 7094. Thanks for your opinions and have a great weekend.

Though the responses only numbered 4, you represent over 100,000 posts. I now am looking forward to 14 days in room 7094. Thanks for your opinions and have a great weekend.

Good choice. Have a great cruise. That's an awesome itinerary for a TA.

Too late for my vote, so that means OP you will have a great time. I mean a TA is a TA...

For others that may be asking same question on Radiance-class ships...my personal opinion is for the center hump on the non-elevator side.

Yes, the balcony is not the stretched size, but for a balcony real-estate quest, you have to go aft.

I actually think the view "is" different with a balcony just forward/aft of the hump. there is something about seeing the water line of the whole ship for me. And the elevator side although marginal, is always going to have more traffic and possible noise issues.

And not that applicable to hump cabins, but decks 8/9 are thought of as better choices than 7 - due to privacy from above and the 'white' strip reflection and life boats.

So we like center hump, or forward on the 'thicker' portion of the ship. Deck 8 keeps you stair walking distance to most things.

Regardless, bring your own glass cleaner.

Edited by dna1990