LA short cruise prices

iceleven

I've never taken a short cruise before but we are going to be in LA in July for a special event so we thought perhaps adding a short 4-day to Mexico/Catalina would make a nice break. I haven't booked yet because I am curious as to whether the prices for these types of cruises goes down closer to the cruise date or if they even go up.Has anyone here had any experience with this? Do we take a chance and wait a little while to see if the price drops or just book with the current rate?

On occasion they go down but don't count on it. Monitor the prices.

$189/IS and $239/OV are good prices. Pricing is dynamic, based on supply. They seem to change around 3pm Pacific time.

Rarely do prices go lower but we were lucky a few weeks ago Booked about 10 days out.

Were these prices for the 3 day or 4 day cruises? I'd jump on anything under $300 for the 4 day (inside)

The prices SadieN was quoting was probably for a 4 day. Check on Tuesdays-Thursday for Pack&Go rates. We noticed the prices are changed to a higher rate at 3pm (6 eastern).

Prices are higher in the summer. We found a Pack&Go rate for $149/pp IS for a 4 day a few weeks ago. We booked it within 2 weeks of the cruise.