Will they attempt another multi-purpose theater like Liquid Lounge on the Vista?

Pete C

The Sunshine's Liquid Lounge concept sounded like a great idea on paper, at least to me. The nightclub would benefit from being in a taller space and the Promenade would get more space for something else. Based on reviews, however, the theater experience has suffered with the seating arrangement on the main floor.

With the Vista they could go all-in on this concept with a truly multi-form space. Do you think the Sunshine was a proof of concept for a grander vision on the Vista? I think if done properly, the nightclub sharing the space with the main theater could work.

Edited by Pete C

The Sunshine's Liquid Lounge concept sounded like a great idea on paper, at least to me. The nightclub would benefit from being in a taller space and the Promenade would get more space for something else. Based on reviews, however, the theater experience has suffered with the seating arrangement on the main floor.

With the Vista they could go all-in on this concept with a truly multi-form space. Do you think the Sunshine was a proof of concept for a grander vision on the Vista? I think if done properly, the nightclub sharing the space with the main theater could work.

Interesting thought. My guess would be yes. It would have to be a little bigger though, haut with the higher amount of cruisers it will take.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I hope not. The lounge on the Sunshine is terrible.

I agree and the Serenity being right in front of that LOUD big screen was not the best idea they had either. I did not really like the layout of the buffet in aft either. I won't cruise the Sunshine again. Dennis

• 2 months later...

I hope not. Trying to combine the two will lead to worst of both worlds. The theater will be too small to have seats for everybody who wants one, and a cavernous nightclub will make some people feel too shy to really dance it out. Plus, the acoustics needed for a theatre venue are different from the acoustics needed for a nightclub. Enough people are complaining about the shared venue on Sunshine's for Carnival to learn a lesson.

I hope not. The lounge on the Sunshine is terrible.

I agree and the Serenity being right in front of that LOUD big screen was not the best idea they had either. I did not really like the layout of the buffet in aft either. I won't cruise the Sunshine again. Dennis

I don't know what either of you are talking about. I find them to be brilliant!

The multi purpose lounge space on the Sunshine was probably one of Carnival's worst ideas ever.

Of all things to combine..a club and a theater?? Aside from the obvious reasons, acoustics as aforementioned being one, its absolutely hideous too. Just annoying seeing all those chairs scattered across the main floor during showtime.

The multi purpose lounge space on the Sunshine was probably one of Carnival's worst ideas ever.

Of all things to combine..a club and a theater?? Aside from the obvious reasons, acoustics as aforementioned being one, its absolutely hideous too. Just annoying seeing all those chairs scattered across the main floor during showtime.

It was a wonderful idea! Absolutely brilliant, indeed. I hope they continue leading the innovations of multi purpose rooms. It is thought out much more thorough than Quantum's bumper cars multipurpose room.

And God forbid you get one of those cabins up front. They forgot to soundproof and bass proof.

And God forbid you get one of those cabins up front. They forgot to soundproof and bass proof.

No worries, Orison! They will be happy to provide you with one pair of complimentary earplugs per passenger in the stateroom.

They have it covered.

smiley-face-with-mustache-and-thumbs-up-interview.png

• 1 month later...