Viking Rhine Getaway - Viking Dailies

TravelBugM

FotoPeg thank you, we are looking forward to a fun cruise , enjoying the Christmas markets and hoping to stay warm. Like you we are going on the Chateaux, River and Wine Cruise, but not sailing until August 22 2015, we are keeping our fingers crossed out that cruise, I have read many pros and cons about it. I am hoping Viking gets all the bugs out of the trip by then. We are on the Viking Forseti on that trip. Last year we went on Portraits of Southern France in October and experienced high water and we were on a bus for part of it, we only enjoyed 1 day of nice cruising. 2 years ago we did the Danube Waltz in late November, our Viking boat was unable to navigate to Budapest because of low water so the first 2 days we were bussed. This was an outstanding Christmas Market tour, Budapest was awesome and might have been my favorite stop on the whole cruise. There were flurries that day, the outdoor cooking and the assortment of food, home made crafts were exceptional.

Edited by ganski

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

When I click on the dailys in post #69, I get "resource cannot be found". Any way these can be restored?

I had them saved in iBooks, but Apple kindly deleted them the last time I backed up. I still find these PDFs useful, and would like another chance to download them.

Probably not. If one looks hard enough, similar dailies are available. Does Cruise Critic automatically let links expire? Since they were posted by a Cruise Critic Sr. Manager, I assumed that they were somewhere on the cruisecritic.com site.

I do like the idea of people posting dailies. It's a great tool for people who pan to take the same cruise.