Viking Rhine Getaway - Viking Dailies

TravelBugM

SoccerMom - Better think fast. April 2015 is less than a year away and river cruises tend to sell out much further in advance than ocean cruises. Many itineraries are already sold out for much of 2015. The Rhine Getaway is very popular, so if you have dates in mind, best advice would be to book asap.

Thanks everyone for the heads up to book the cruise. Put down our deposit today. Sailing the Rhine Getaway on April 17, 2015. So excited! Now all the planning begins which is part of the fun. Need to get my cruise countdown clock going.

Would you send me the dailies too egraninger dot hotmail dot com? Thanks so much!

Congrats SoccerMom#3 - The dailies are on their way.

I will do a trip report which will hopefully give you an idea of what to look forward to. We sail Saturday!

Got them. Thank you so much.

Have a wonderful time on your trip and make lots of memories :-)

TravelBugM ~ WOW - I never, ever thought this site & the dailies would be SO popular!! We're back from Ireland - great trip - and see you're sailing Saturday so I can take over sending out dailies. Thanks SO much for all your work!

Have a fantastic trip!!!!

Rather than send this never-ending series of emails, you could format the dailies as JPEGs and post them to a photo hosting site like Shutterfly. Then follow these instructions to put them in a post here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=25174746&postcount=2

Any chance of someone sharing dailies on the reverse itinerary - Amsterdam to Basel. We would really appreciate it for planning our fall trip. We know that some of the options and timing is different in the reverse direction. Thanks for any help and enjoy your trips.

TravelBugM ~ WOW - I never, ever thought this site & the dailies would be SO popular!! We're back from Ireland - great trip - and see you're sailing Saturday so I can take over sending out dailies. Thanks SO much for all your work!

Have a fantastic trip!!!!

Would love a copy also. Thank you in advance.

Jazzbeau ~ originally I did post photos of the dalies in the response, but they were too small to read. A few years ago I did post photos using a host site - I used Pisca - will check out the site you sent to see if I can do it again!!

Thanks for your suggestion and for all you've done to organize River Cruises!!!

Jazzbeau ~ originally I did post photos of the dalies in the response, but they were too small to read. A few years ago I did post photos using a host site - I used Pisca - will check out the site you sent to see if I can do it again!!

Thanks for your suggestion and for all you've done to organize River Cruises!!!

I know -- when you post them directly on Cruise Critic, they are too small for the human eye (which is what I'm equipped with -- Beyond The Fringe). That's why you need the intermediary hosting site.

I would also like copies, but thought it might be easier to post online again so that everyone can see them. I just thought maybe someone who has received them might be able to repost them in a way all can see. I know you can do it through photobucket.

If not, my email is rjeffler at comcast dot net.

Thanks!

I should also point out to everyone who posted their email on this thread: bots can harvest these addresses, so you may start getting even more spam than usual. That's why I suggested that OP use Shutterfly or another such service to host the scans in usable formats for attachment here.

I shared my concern about email address vulnerability with the admins, and they concur that this is dangerous. At the least you should give your email as "name at isp dot com" [spelling out the symbols] so that it doesn't turn into a clickable link.

But they also concur that it is best to attach these files to the Cruise Critic post. If the method I suggested above is too nerdy, we will try to do it for you.

Please send the dailies to me <hostjazzbeau at cruisecritic dot com> and I will get them posted.

Also for those of you who have already posted your emails: since I am not allowed to edit posts without permission, I have deleted all the posts that contain email links. If anyone else wants their posts deleted, please email me at the above address.

• Administrators

• 3 weeks later...

We are taking Viking TOR in September from Amsterdam to Basel......I really appreciate you all taking the time to share the dailies!! Love Cruise Critic people!!!!!

Marianne

ganski ~ welcome to CC!!!!

We did this trip last year - fantastic!!!! And our weather was very good - never saw and snow and never used our umbrella except for a few hours in Basel!!!

I think you're smart going south to north - in my opinion Cologne has the best CMs - if I had seen that first I would have been very disappointed in the rest! Strasborg was great but still the whole scene in Cologne was magical!!! Maybe it was because we docked in the city and it was a very easy on-off, but I just loved it!!!

If you haven't seen it yet, here's my slide show of our trip!!

Rhine River Christmas Markets Slideshow TripAdvisor™

Any questions just ask away!!

If you haven't found it already, you might also be interested in the thread for All Christmas Markets 2014:

All Christmas Market Cruises - 2014 - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

Hope your experience is wonderful!!!!!