Brisbane - Shuttle Drop-off Location

We will be visiting Brisbane this coming December aboard the Diamond Princess. I know we will dock at something called the Grain Terminal downriver from Brisbane. There will be a shuttle into the city, but I do not know the drop-off point. Does anyone know?

We are thinking of catching the MV Miramar to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.

We have used the shuttle a couple of times in Brisbane and on both times have been dropped off near the Queen Street Mall , or a street leading into it. They were slightly different each time as it depends on traffic etc. You can generally count on being dropped off in that area. Just check where to wait for the pick up.

We will be visiting Brisbane this coming December aboard the Diamond Princess. I know we will dock at something called the Grain Terminal downriver from Brisbane. There will be a shuttle into the city, but I do not know the drop-off point. Does anyone know?

We are thinking of catching the MV Miramar to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.

Yes, the drop off point will be near the Queen St Mall.

To get to where you board the Mirimar you will need to walk up to the top of the Queens St Mall, cross the bridge, and then make your way down to the wharf. Best to get specific directions beforehand as it can be confusing over on the South Bank. You are probably already aware that the Mirimar departs at 10.00am

You might consider catching a bus to/from the Koala Park. There are regular buses to and from Lone Pine operated by the Brisbane City Council.

Bus number 430 leaves from Platform B4, Queen Street bus station (which is underground) and Bus number 445 leaves from stop 40 Adelaide Street (note this bus does not operate on Sundays)

Adult fares are $6.70 and children, pensioners and students are $3.40

You could even catch the ferry one way and the bus the other.

The Koala Park is a good place to visit...wont take up too much of your time, but you will get to see a fair bit of Australian Fauna. You also will get the opportunity to cuddle a Koala. Personal Photos allowed, but only if you arrange to buy one of the professional ones they take. TIP: Get your Koala cuddling photos taken as soon as you get there, then go and explore, and by the time you have seen everything the photos will be available for collection.

There is also a reasonably good eatery/cafe where you can get some lunch, as well as a reasonable souvenir shop. From my personal experience, it is my view that the park, the cafe and the shop have very reasonable charges and do not rip off customers.

NB I took a group of about 30 co-passengers off the Celebrity Solstice in Feb 13 to do a private tour of Brisbane, including the Koala Park.

cheers

Edited by Flipper133

Flipper, can you share your private tour info? Were you pleased with it? Thanks.

Hi guys

When I say my Brisbane Tour was a private deal...that's what it was....I did all the organising before hand, and essentially I was the home town tour guide.

It started off by my seeking some others to join me in a "people Mover" I was going to hire. The response was such that within a week or so I had 30 odd people all wanting to join "Flippers Tour of Brisbane"

In the end this is what I did.

I arranged to hire a Brisbane Council bus... pick up at the pier and return well before sailaway. The thrust of the tour was to show people the real Brisbane...how we live, work and play...and that included traveling on one of our public transport buses. I was able to enlist the help of my Son in Law to do some commentary along the way.

The itinerary included:

• Leaving pier at the Grain Wharf and traveling over the Gateway bridge, along the river and through the CBD
  • Passing the iconic XXXX brewery, on way to the Lone Pine Koala sanctuary
  • Spending a couple of hours at Lone Pine, with time for lunch
  • Going up Mt Coot-tha to see the vista from the lookout
  • Traveling through some iconic Brisbane Terrace residential areas, as well as the Governor General's place
  • Visit to the Kangaroo Cliffs for a majestic view of the river and the city
  • Visit to the Brisbane Cricket Ground (the Gabba) to inspect the facilities and the set up for Australian style sport (cricket and Australian Football)
  • Visit to the Manly Foreshores and the local Marina.

Unfortunately we had some poor weather, so some things were curtailed, but the main venue of Lone Pine was achieved with only a little dampness. We had an unexpected highlight of having to drive through some flash flooding on our way through the Manly area.

I believe this tour was relatively unique, and I hope others may be able to do something similar...but certainly I am not in the business of being a tour guide (I am but a lousy "number cruncher"), and I am not seeking to do it again

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but its all I've got.:o

cheers