Carnival Gift Card - 10% Bonus Offer

I order one about 30 minutes ago for $500, before checking the boards this morning. Ugh! I assumed the deal was good through the end of today too. Anyway, I called the number 800-845-2599 and told them I made the purchase this morning. I spoke with a Vicky. She said I should get the promo e-card within 10 business days via email. I don't know if she knew what she was talking about. I said if I didn't get the promo card within 10 day, I should call back, and she said yes.

So I don't know about this...she said the gift cards were outsourced to another company outside of Carnival, so they didn't actually handle the issue of the cards. What to believe????

Feeling kinda dumb and frustrated :(

Just want to give a BIG THANK YOU to the OP. I would have missed this otherwise. I saved 10% on the balance of my October cruise and purchased some more to apply to my sign & sail account. Overall I ended up with an extra $120. Woo Hoo:D:D

Hi Everyone, I just went back on carnivalgiftcards.com to buy more gift cards, THANKS TO OP for this info by the way! and it doesn't say anything at all. But I do have a screen shot of the original offer saying it ended 6/16/14. So I called customer service and Susie in e-solutions said I will "absolutely get the promotional gift card" as that is the only special they have at the moment and it ends today. FYI :) I'm doing e-card. Got my digital card within 1 minute and promotional card within 24 hours.

I just spoke with a representative and they said that the promotion is still valid until midnight tonight. She also said they are trying to get the promotional banner back up, and that they are aware of the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just want to give a BIG THANK YOU to the OP. I would have missed this otherwise. I saved 10% on the balance of my October cruise and purchased some more to apply to my sign & sail account. Overall I ended up with an extra $120. Woo Hoo:D:D

Ditto to the OP!

$140 of "free money" LOL.

GP

I too would love to thank the OP for posting this fabulous offer! I've paid off my b2b's and got some bonus e cards to use towards the Cheers package on the first leg! I'll toast you with my first Mocha Chocolate Getaway! :):):):):):)

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

I just spoke with a representative and they said that the promotion is still valid until midnight tonight. She also said they are trying to get the promotional banner back up, and that they are aware of the issue.

I just spoke with someone in the web dept and they said no it wasn't valid. I don't think they know.

When you go onto Google and do a search under Carnival Gift Cards this comes up...

Carnival Cruise Lines | Gift Card

http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/

Buy a Carnival gift card valued at $200 or more and you'll get another one for yourself, valued at 10% of the original card. (Yes, you can buy more than one!) ...

Edited by mum2bradley

If I purchase a $2000 gift card do I have the option of paying a certain amount to carnival from that one card. I plan to make payments each month and don't want to pay off the full balance because our b2b cruises are still 18 months out. Is it better to buy one single gift card or multiple gift cards? Thanks for any help in advance!!

I think they are having a hard time deciding what midnight means. Some representatives are saying it ended at midnight, so it is over. Others are saying midnight coming up, so it is still available. I think they should have picked a time 1 minute after midnight so there would not be any confusion. This is why I try to not wait until the last day of something. I also don't like to be 1 of the first people to try something, since there might be some bugs at first.

Sharon

Called the company who does the fulfillment. They were adamant that the deal was over and there was nothing that could be done - So I:

1. Facebooked John Heald

2. Contacted my PVP - she said to call Carnival customer service.

3. The DW is on the phone with Carnival customer service - even though I can prove that the website is still up (printed a copy), they said initially that they couldn't see it at http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com, then she came back and said that "someone was removing it right away". After 53 minutes with her, they agreed to give us the 10% thru today - to call back the card fulfillment company and insist on the deal. Here goes...

Bruce

aka Counsel

Called the company who does the fulfillment. They were adamant that the deal was over and there was nothing that could be done - So I:

1. Facebooked John Heald

2. Contacted my PVP - she said to call Carnival customer service.

3. The DW is on the phone with Carnival customer service - even though I can prove that the website is still up (printed a copy), they said initially that they couldn't see it at http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com, then she came back and said that "someone was removing it right away". After 53 minutes with her, they agreed to give us the 10% thru today - to call back the card fulfillment company and insist on the deal. Here goes...

Bruce

aka Counsel

They are very rude at the fulfullment company!! Good luck!

I sent John a FB message too.

Edited by mum2bradley

Cool. This is almost like watching pier runners. :)

As mentioned earlier, there are some alternative loyalty rewards program sources for Carnival Cruise Lines (and other lines) gift cards at the 10% discount, and they're available year-round, and offer the 10% discount where that extra money stays in your pocket (or bank) instead of having to be spent on CCL within a deadline. The smallest denomination is $50 and no maximum.

As long as I continue to enjoy a few long island iced teas after challenging days at work, I can enjoy a discounted rates on some future cruise spending.

Win-Win :)

Hi Everyone, I just went back on carnivalgiftcards.com to buy more gift cards, THANKS TO OP for this info by the way! and it doesn't say anything at all. But I do have a screen shot of the original offer saying it ended 6/16/14. So I called customer service and Susie in e-solutions said I will "absolutely get the promotional gift card" as that is the only special they have at the moment and it ends today. FYI :) I'm doing e-card. Got my digital card within 1 minute and promotional card within 24 hours.

I have attempted three separate avenues to receive this offer, but no dice. I get the same answer each time.....promo ended at midnight and we have not received any further information that promo is extended.:(

We have a rep from the fulfillment company talking to the rep from Carnival Esolutions... Holding the phones next to each other! Stay tuned!!

If nothing else, this is quite entertaining! Yeah almost like pier runners!

Bruce

aka Counsel

Customer service is dead in America....

What is really annoying is.... I called last Friday and asked about it and how to apply it as payment if booked through a TA and the girl said she was not sure but that the promotion runs through Monday night so to call back mon when someone could answer my questions. Now they say it ended at midnight on the 14th???? Still wondering how that is not the time between mon and tues :eek::confused::mad:

. . . Now they say it ended at midnight on the 14th???? Still wondering how that is not the time between mon and tues :eek::confused::mad:

14th was Saturday, so I don't think the person you were speaking with was talking about the same promotion.

I just spoke with the folks at 1-800-845-2599. The promotion IS valid thru the 16th. Ends at midnight tonight.

who hoo

I just called that number and the rep said it expired at midnight last night...

We have a rep from the fulfillment company talking to the rep from Carnival Esolutions... Holding the phones next to each other! Stay tuned!!

If nothing else, this is quite entertaining! Yeah almost like pier runners!

Bruce

aka Counsel

Customer service is dead in America....

I'm eagerly awaiting the outcome.

I was just about to cancel my cruise on the Sunshine because I couldn't get people to commit... but, 10% sparked the interest in several people so we booked are flights and hotels last night and now tried to get the gift cards and the promotion was taken down?! Carnival better honor their promotion or they better pay to get all the flights canceled! (here's to hoping anyway).

I got $2000 worth of GC during the proportion.1st let me say I am sorry you all are not having the best of luck getting thru and may even be out of time for these.

It was relatively easy to get them.I ordered 2-$1000 GC and with in 24 hours I got he 2 $100 GC sent to my email. Super happy about this..

I called my TA and got him to pay off most of the cruise . I wanted to leave a bit on there in case of price drop.

According the document I read it said this promotion was suppose to end at midnight tonight but you can still try.. the worst they can say is no..

Good luck to you all

What is really annoying is.... I called last Friday and asked about it and how to apply it as payment if booked through a TA and the girl said she was not sure but that the promotion runs through Monday night so to call back mon when someone could answer my questions. Now they say it ended at midnight on the 14th???? Still wondering how that is not the time between mon and tues :eek::confused::mad:

Duh... I meant the 16th. I just got off the phone with them and the lady said that they would do the promotional value through today (Monday) but the website does not show it... I hope they will not be difficult and go back on their word.

Edited by Dirkgun