Carnival Gift Card - 10% Bonus Offer

Despite what they said in their emails to people, the original offer said THRU 6/16. That means it was to end at midnight yesterday, not Sunday. If they had intended for it to end on 6/15, the wording should've been "offer expires at 12:00 AM 6/16."

I'm going to email them and tell them this. Next time, they need to be have someone proofread their offers to be sure they are actually posting the correct expiration date! :(

Please have your email suggest to them that the wording should state "offer expires at 11:59pm 6/15". I still think the above is too confusing for many people, don't you ?

I have not received my promo cards yet. However, I am going to give them until tomorrow at least before I question it. I may even wait the full 10 days. I will keep an eye on this thread and see if anyone else receives them before me. I purchased yesterday morning at 11:00am.

I did suggest that, in the future, they have someone proof their ads and check the posted expiration dates!

I also said I hoped they would honor the offer but, if not, I wanted a refund. I didn't intend to give Carnival $500 when I don't sail for another 4-1/2 months. Doesn't even matter to me that my funds won't earn any interest. :p

I think if they'd discovered the error before the end of Sunday, that they could've posted a disclaimer and corrected the expiration date, and then they wouldn't have to honor it yesterday. But they didn't do that.

They could've just said, "midnight fathers day". This wasnt a miscommunication between tens of thousands of people and the guy who posted it. It was obviously a mistake...but not a misunderstanding between the definition of midnight or "thru"

I personally don't find the wording itself confusing. Ends midnight on 6/16 to me meant yesterday morning as soon as the day changed. Offer valid through 6/16 means it would have been good all day yesterday until midnight this morning. The problem is they used BOTH terms in the fine print with this offer. The banner on the website clearly said through 6/16 until yesterday when they took it off but left the promo pic:confused: I can understand the terms. Just don't use both to describe the end of the same promo.

I wound up buying one more gift card last night around 8pm for $250. But like everyone else, the e-gift card came right away. The promo e-card - nothing. Geesh! Every 5 minutes I'm checking my email!!!:p

I bought 5 $200 cards when the offer first started. Received the e-cards immediately and the promo e-cards the next day.

Yesterday, 6/16, at 1:00 PM, I bought 2 more $200 e-cards and received them right away.

Still waiting for the 10% bonus e-cards. I'm sure with all the confusion on their part, they are running behind on the e-cards.

I'd better receive them or they will be hearing from me, requesting a refund on the last 2.

I purchased a $1,000 gc yesterday. I also have not received the bonus gc email. I am keeping a close eye.

It would be great if people who purchased gcs yesterday post here when/if they receive the bonus gc emails.

I'm sure people will do that. Again, it was posted yesterday that someone who called was told it could be 10-12 days.

I imagine we'll all just have to show a bit of patience on this one. And, if after 10 days they haven't arrived, the gift card department will be under attack, thanks to Cruise Critic. :p

Here's the response I just received...

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We appreciate all your feed back and we do apologize for the misunderstanding.

Our Carnival Gift Card is still a fairly new program for us and the Father's Day Promotion was a 1st time for this type of special promotion. I think your suggestion of a Mother's Day Promotion is a great idea !

We did extend the Father's Day Promotion, due to the verbiage that was posted on the website, until 11:59 pm EDT June16th. Any orders that were placed up to that time will be fulfilled. The 10% bonus cards will also be fulfilled. Please allow 24-48 hrs for the bonus card to be sent to your email address.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

So, maybe not 10-12 days! Will keep you posted. :D

I received an email saying my promotional gift card was being mailed. At first I was confused because it said total cost $100.95 I thought I made a mistake and asked for a gift card for $100 instead of $1000. The next email told me gift card for $1000 was being shipped.

The promotional card does total charged 100.95. I hope it is only the .95.

Here's the response I just received...

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We appreciate all your feed back and we do apologize for the misunderstanding.

Our Carnival Gift Card is still a fairly new program for us and the Father's Day Promotion was a 1st time for this type of special promotion. I think your suggestion of a Mother's Day Promotion is a great idea !

We did extend the Father's Day Promotion, due to the verbiage that was posted on the website, until 11:59 pm EDT June16th. Any orders that were placed up to that time will be fulfilled. The 10% bonus cards will also be fulfilled. Please allow 24-48 hrs for the bonus card to be sent to your email address.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

So, maybe not 10-12 days! Will keep you posted. :D

I'm fine with this. Not gonna call or email. Just see what happens in the next day or two. Thanks for posting!

Thanks for the feedback. I too saw the "thru 6/16" and meant to order over the weekend but, I forgot. I ordered 2-$1,000 gift cards yesterday...trying to wait patiently for the 24-48 hrs to receive my 2-$100 cards.

My understanding is that if you order an actual gift card, it and the promotional card will be mailed...can take up to 10 days to get the promotional card. But, emailed gift cards come pretty quick (got mine within minutes) and the promotional emailed card will be 24-48 hrs..

The promo cards were initially being emailed at midnight on the day of the initial order (and sometimes the same email at 5 am the next morning).

Based on the snafu with yesterday's date not originally being included (or so Carnival thought), I'd give the promo e-card at least 48 hours from midnight last night.

They've said they're going to honor the promotion, but I'm guessing they weren't prepared for the extra day. Let's just give them a chance.

They could've just sent out a robo response to the questions/complaints, but they've been responding individually. I appreciate that and I emailed back to them to let them know that I appreciated the response.

Now we just need a July 4th (thru the 5th) sale with a 15% bonus. All of us who spent hundreds, if not thousands, can say "ah shucks!" :eek:

Did anyone actually buy a card for their father? It will be interesting to see how this promo plays out, and whether Carnival decides they made or lost money from it. For us, we're planning a cruise in 2018 that probably would have been pushed much further out. So, hopefully they offer this again. :)

Now we just need a July 4th (thru the 5th) sale with a 15% bonus. All of us who spent hundreds, if not thousands, can say "ah shucks!" :eek:

Did anyone actually buy a card for their father? It will be interesting to see how this promo plays out, and whether Carnival decides they made or lost money from it. For us, we're planning a cruise in 2018 that probably would have been pushed much further out. So, hopefully they offer this again. :)

My father God bless his soul - is up in heaven! I didn't get them for my hubby/kid's father either. I have my own plans for the obc. Lol.

Carnival totally made money. That extra 10% goes right back to them. They should do this on a regular.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Interesting thought, yes the money goes back to them but we are getting a few perks we don't pay for with the primo; ie a few drinks etc. But then on the other hand they got lots of cruises paid off ahead of time so the money is in their account making interest. Sure sounds like a money maker

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk