Pretty sure I got the worst PVP Carnival has....

My pvp calls me about a week before if I haven't made the oayment, like last year I forgot, and then she called the final day, as I still had some left due to bad math skills. She called and let me know she put in a price adjustment form since it dripped a bit more than was due and I was now all paid up.

Interesting reading. I was surfing the Carnival site (after being logged in) and several minutes after exiting the site I received a call from Carnival. I guess that's the PVP you're speaking of. I did book with him, but I also asked him what would be the point of using him since the price he got me was exactly what I was able to see on my own at the website. He said the benefit is the "White glove treatment," which I'm still trying to figure out what that actually means because he told me he would keep an eye on my trip and if the price dropped take care of it. Well, today the price dropped and I called him! He did make the adjustment, after saying he had to double-check and run it by I thought his said his supervisor. I'm not seeing any benefit with a middle man. Am I missing something?

I don't understand the need for a PVP. The ones I've had I can barely understand anyway. I just book on the website, pay when I need to and go take a cruise. 8th cruise and I've never used one. I guess they are good for groups and lots of excursions and stuff.

I feel you. I'm not a fan of mine but don't know how to change without offending someone. Also. I would assume I'd get a final payment reminder too. It's not like they're trying to pull a fast one and keep the deposit (I hope) so why wouldn't the personal vacation PLANNER give you a courtesy call before cancelling the cruise? Seems like there's absolutely no benefit to using a PvP.

Just do it. If they aren't good , why worry about offending them? We had one when we started first looking at Carnival. Ended up booking our trip with her as I did need connecting rooms and that's easier with a person. She got the rooms I wanted but other than that she was a dud. She called in the few weeks before our cruise a couple of times to tell me about a "sale" to try and get me to book another cruise and then called literally two days after we got back to see if I had ever decided to book my cruise. Yes, she meant the one we had just been on. I told her to take me off her list. I didn't need the constant sales pitch.

We now have one who is great. She sends little extra info about the ports, checks in when I add something online, like FTTF just to say she thinks we'll love it, etc. she also senda a reminder final payment email as she knows I prefer email to a phone call.

Edited by momof3cruisers

PVP's are required to make final payment calls one week prior to the deadline. Whether they do it or not is another story.

Not true. They are not required to make the final payment call, but it is to their benefit make to make sure the final payment is made because a cancelled booking = a chargeback against their monthly incentive pay.

The only other 2 requirements placed on PVPs is:

A) A daily productivity minimum consisting of of EITHER 1) 75 outbound calls or 2) 5 hours of talk time on the phone or 3) 3 bookings.

B) A required quarterly performance number (based on longevity with CCL) that affects job retention and is made up from a combination of bookings, upsells and trip insurance sold.

How a PVP decides to budget their time hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly in the most effective manner is up to them and varies from individual to individual based on maturity, business acumen and common sense.

Edited by AdGuyMG

Not true. They are not required to make the final payment call, but it is to their benefit make to make sure the final payment is made because a cancelled booking = a chargeback against their monthly incentive pay.

The only other 2 requirements placed on PVPs is:

A) A daily productivity minimum consisting of of EITHER 1) 75 outbound calls or 2) 5 hours of talk time on the phone or 3) 3 bookings.

B) A required quarterly performance number (based on longevity with CCL) that affects job retention and is made up from a combination of bookings, upsells and trip insurance sold.

How a PVP decides to budget their time hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly in the most effective manner is up to them and varies from individual to individual based on maturity, business acumen and common sense.

Which is interesting, as I booked one cabin through the gnome sit because I found a single supplement sale at midnight, I called my PVP two days later to have her book a second cabin and the single supplement was gone. She promised she would let me know if specials came up. Haven't heard a word so I just check several websites a day.

I keep thinking I should just book through an independent TA as I can get obc.

Not sure what my incentive is to use a PVP.

Have had a PVP for several years now and have been very pleased with her help. Especially with our European cruise last year. Noticed price drop last night with the new sale, and did screen shot and emailed her for reduction in fare. Surprise email is rejected and says no longer valid. What?? Even her phone extension won't go through. So have to go through regular number but it's all taken care of in a matter of minutes. But shouldn't I have been contacted by someone or referred to another PVP?? Whats the point of having a PVP when they don't even handle someone leaving the company? Guess I will just go back to handling things myself. ;)