Veendam cabins G702 & 707

Deep68

I was trying to find more information on Veendam cabins 702 and 707.

They seem larger than normal in size.

Are they in a good location?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Those two cabins look to be slightly larger than the cabins immediately forward of them, but only a tad larger than the other cabins just aft of them (if that much).

Remember, though, those cabins have a porthole, not a picture window, and do have a curve on one wall.

They are also very far forward, and down low, so you will feel every speed bump the ship passes over. You will hear the slapping of the waves, not to mention the anchor and docking noises.

This would never be my ideal location.

Deep68, how soon do you need this info? We are booked into one of those rooms on a cruise in early July and I'd be glad to report on what it was like when we return.

FWIW, we chose that room because our TA said it was slightly larger than the other oceanview rooms and because there was a deep discount on their price.

Deep68, how soon do you need this info? We are booked into one of those rooms on a cruise in early July and I'd be glad to report on what it was like when we return.

FWIW, we chose that room because our TA said it was slightly larger than the other oceanview rooms and because there was a deep discount on their price.

GradUT

Thanks for the offer GradUT. We will be sailing in August and booking this week. However if you could report back after your trip that would be great as we may have an option to change room.

would you mind to share that information and/or pics with halfacts.com please? That way the information will be there for others with the same question. Of course, you would get full credit.

Just email pictures@halfacts.com or click the link in my signature.

I will be happy to share my remarks, but I'm not a big photo taker, so I might forget to take a picture of the room.

no worries - remarks are very helpful - whatever you can send will be truly appreciated by all of the cruise critic community and those at halfacts.com:)

• 1 month later...
I was trying to find more information on Veendam cabins 702 and 707.

They seem larger than normal in size.

Are they in a good location?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Deep68, we just got back from our cruise on the Veendam and, as promised, here is my report on cabin 707, which I very much enjoyed. On the ship's plan, it appears to be a larger cabin that those surrounding it, but it really is not. (I saw inside some of the surrounding cabins.) The extra space is due to the curvature of the cabin and all that extra space is located between the back of the bed and portholes. It's a great place to throw all those extra pillows they put on the bed, but that's about it. Having said that, I thought cabin 707 was quite roomy and there was a LOT of storage area--4 closets, a chest of drawers with 6 good-sized drawers, two night stands with 2 drawers each and a table next to the sofa with more storage space.

We found the cabin to be really quiet. We never heard any water slapping on the hull nor did we feel any "bumps" from waves. We did hear sounds near the time of docking when we went into port, but this was between 7am and 7:30 am and we were already awake. On the sea day, we slept until 10am--unheard of for us--because it was so quiet!

Cabin 707 is in an "alcove" off the hall with just two other rooms. There is no foot traffic down there, so you don't hear anybody walking (and talking) by your room.

There are two portholes in the room and you won't really have a "view" like you would with a regular window, but you do get sufficient natural light in the room. Having the portholes as opposed to a window did not bother me at all--especially considering the savings we got!

I enjoyed cabin 707 very much and I hope you will too.

GradUT,

Thanks so much for remembering to report back on the room.

I am glad it worked out well for you. It sounds like it was quiet which is always our main concern.

I think the room will work out just fine for us.

We have always tended to choose a cabin right at the front or back of the ship due to less foot traffic.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise.