SAS to Hamton Inn Brickell Downtown

30stone

I know SAS shuttles from FLL to downtown Miami hotels, but does anyone know if Hampton Inn Brickell is considered downtown? Last year we used SAS to get to Holiday Inn POM. Next ? would you stay at B2 for $153 or at Hampton for $165? We liked HI but no rooms are available. Thank you

I would choose the Hampton Inn over the HI anytime. I've stayed at both and the Hampton Inn wins hands down. It's in a nice area of restaurants, trendy shops, a Publix very close by. There's a free trolley that will take you to the Bayside area on its tour. It's in the financial district so everything is clean and business like.

Note, the Hampton Inn starts at about the 7th floor of the building, the first six floors are taken up with parking (I think). So you have to sort of register on the main level, then go up to the 7th floor (or so) to actually check-in. They wouldn't let me check-in until the appointed hour either, but they'll store your bags while you scout about the area.

The rail system/people mover is very close by too.

Again, I'd recommend the Hampton Inn :D

We did exactly that in December. Flew into FLL, took SAS to Hampton Brickell and it was fine. SAS was there as expected, no issues with the ride and the Hampton is definitely a good choice.

Hampton is in a really nice area with lots of choices. Close to the people mover so you can just hop on and go to Bayside if you want to as well.

As far as checking in early, that truly depends upon whether your room is ready or not. We actually ended up going back to the Hampton at the end of our cruise (unexpectedly) because our Saturday flight was cancelled and we could not fly out until Sunday. Ended up getting onto a flight out of Miami (was on the phone with United before we docked) so we called the Hampton while still on the ship and got one of the last 2 rooms they had. Since we were getting off the ship, we ended up at the hotel very early in the morning but, since the room was not used the night before, we were able to check right in.

The bottom line is, you have/are going to make a good choice and should have a nice relaxing day or town pre-cruise.

Thank you all for the info. Hampton sounds great and we'll prob. stay there as long as the price is still good and that trolley (?) or people mover is close by. Daughter is mobile, but not to walk 4 blocks or so. If I can"t book there, has any one stayed at B2?

Edited by 30stone
adding to it