HMC and Cabanas- Status and locations as of 6/6/04

texkat

:)

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]There are 100 clamshells begining at the begining of the beach and stretching on down the beach. It is a canvas awning over 2 lounge chairs. [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=#ff0000]You don't get any "room" service with the clamshells.[/color][/size][/font]

:)

Texkat;

That was a great report !! That answered many questions I had concerning our cabana reservations. With the availability of waiters from the bar, did you see any need to have the butler service? Since I have already been told I will pull butler duty for the madam, I am looking for someone else to put it on !!

Why don't you take them to the Pinnacle a couple of times or pop for spa treatments?

[quote name='KSCnCA']We booked a cabana with my sister in another cabin for our Dec cruise on the Zuiderdam. She paid and we will try to pay her back but she won't take the money so far! They took both our cabin numbers for the priority tendering. It was no problem at all.:)[/QUOTE]

[list]
[*]How much is the butler service?
[*]Whaddaya get with it?
[*]Is the food better or is it the BBQ food delivered with a linen tablecloth?
[*]Does the butler just kinda hang around or do you have to go find him/her?
[*]I am so jazzed about this cabana thing... hope the weather's not as cool as last time :cool:
[/list] [quote name='ekerr19']dst-

I hope yours was better than ours! We had the butler service when they first offered it. The food was spectacular - don't get me wrong - but the rest left quite a bit to be desired. We were supposed to have unlimited beverage service - in fact, ordered a bottle of Chardonnay for our lunch, all we received were three warm beers...snip...[/QUOTE]

My daughter and I had the pink cabana in May . . . we loved it! It was far enough away to feel like we were on a very private island. We did get a ride there, and back because she is handicapped . . . The floats were not available immediately, and we did need to ask for them. The snacks were good . . .but watch out for the birds . . .they will pick through the saran wrap and eat them!

A shutterfly album of our cruise for those interested:

[url]http://www.shutterfly.com/view/slide2.jsp?auto=1&aid=67b0de21b3ea6df3a42d&js=1091626152554[/url]

We love HAL

• 1 month later...
Bumping this to answer some recent questions...

...although the information may need to be updated to reflect any post-hurricane changes!! :)

(Hmmm... wonder if my husband would accept that as a reason we need to cruise again, SOON? It's worth a try.)

[quote name='texkat']Bumping this to answer some recent questions...

...although the information may need to be updated to reflect any post-hurricane changes!! :)

(Hmmm... wonder if my husband would accept that as a reason we need to cruise again, SOON? It's worth a try.)[/QUOTE]
hehehehe yes tell him we need to know as soon as possible :)
Good Luck!

Guest vitamarion
Booked a Pink Cabana for Westerdam on 12/05/04 today. I was asked if I wanted to include the Bulter Service for an extra $270. That is a lot of Chocolate Martinis and Spa Treatments for me. There were only a couple of Cabanas left.

Thanks to everyone for all your great information. Reading the HAL board has helped in preparing us for our first HAL cruise.

Thank you SO MUCH for your wonderful pictures, and everyone for your fabulous input!

We booked a cabana for our honeymoon week. I wanted the green one, but it was booked, so we got the [b]YELLOW[/b] cabana! Stop by and say hello, if you are on our cruise!

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know whether the cabanas have been rebuilt in the same location? I also read that they are building more cabanas. We booked the pink for our cruise in January and hope to find it where it is in the photo above.

Thanks for any info.

Linda

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
[color=black][font=Arial][size=3]Sigh...went to reserve one of these for our October 1st cruise, and they were already all booked. I called HAL to see how long the wait list was, and they told me there was one other person on all of the wait lists ahead of me. I wonder what are odds are that two people will cancel? The waiting list seems kind of inefficient.. you have to get on a separate waiting list for each cabana. It would seem better in some ways to have one waiting list once all of them have been reserved, and you just get whichever once becomes available.[/size] [/font][/color]

Online, as coveted as the Cabanas are I seriously doubt that two people would cancel. On the other hand, you never know. So good luck. I will let you know if DW and I enjoy the Taupe cabana, with the butler service, on our 4/23 Zuiderdam cruise. Joe V.

Serenade of the Seas 12/31/05
Zuiderdam 4/23/05
RCI - 2 times
Princess - 3 times
QE2 - 1 time
Royal Majesty - 1 time
Carnival - 1 time

So we have the Taupe cabana..good that its close so my dad doesn't have to walk to far. We have three people...they dont put others in right, since we paid for the whole thing? We are not sure if one of our other cruisers may join us..i just didn't want unassigned "cabaning". Also is it worth the butler upgrade..we got, but just want to see what the perks are.

KimV.

Serenade of the Seas 12/31/05
Zuiderdam 4/23/05
RCI - 2 times
Princess - 3 times
Royal Majesty - 1 time

When you purchase this service you get some real white glove treatment for the entire day on HMC. The evening before you arrive a rep from the hotel department comes to your cabin and takes down your "lunch" order...and if what we had was lunch, you wouldn't be thinking of dinner for awhile. The butler comes to your cabin the day of your HMC stay and picks you up, carrying your bags to the tender and taking you over to the island. They stay with you the entire day and serve you lunch in the cabana on a white linen table cloth. Glassware, china and everything is supplied. Before lunch you go out into the water with your butler for a champagne toast. Your butler will arrange to have the tram brought close to your cabana if you are heading off to the horses, stingrays, or aquatrax, so you won't have to worry about walking too far.

For lunch we had lobster sandwiches, some other appetizers that escape me right now, filet mignon, chocolate cake, and a watermelon whale that was filled with fruit swimming in rum. Waaaaaay too much food!! :)

As to if paying for the butler service was worth it......every penny!! :)

Archived