HMC and Cabanas- Status and locations as of 6/6/04

texkat

JoeDog: Glad to hear you decided on a cabana, we will be enjoying the Green cabana along with you guys!

Do I have to make the trip to the Bar, won't they bring the bar to you?????

DST-

The cabana attendants will gladly run to the bar for you (a little extra tip for these guys is very appropriate!).

But Gilligan made his little side trip on the way to the cabana. icon_cool.gif Actually, he was sitting out a little rain shower at the bar before making his way to the beach.

Zuiderdam, June 5

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We were in the yellow cabana in May. It really was great, especially for our friends that needed to stay out of the sun. It was worth every penny! Say hello to the friendly geckos for us and enjoy!

Julie U

Sinbad37, they do provide rides to the cabanas, but the drop off of the yellow cabana is at the pink cabana location. They do not go any further with the vehicles. We had the green cabana and had to walk in the sand from the drop-off point. One of our party is disabled and can't walk in the sand very well and two of the staff basically carried him to the green cabana. So your husband will have to walk from the drop off point. You may want to book the pink cabana if you are looking for privacy and also the shortest distance from the transportation drop-off point.

They do have a sand wheelchair which may help. We had the pink cabana last year, and even though the transportion drop off is closer, there is also a bit of a hill that must be manuevered.

Hi Texcat!

Hope you had a wonderful cruise! You are the best for describing the wonderful features of the cabanas. On our B to B in December (Westerdam) we will have the green cabana (same one as last year). It will be the first day out of Ft. Lauderdale and the last day of our 2nd week of the B to B. Can't think of a better way to start and end a cruise!

Have a lovely summer!

Margaret & Bob

Houston family - Thanks so much for the reply. My Ed has had two major back surgeries, so the sand walking at the beginning of our cruise doen't sound like a good idea. I will contact our TA, and we Thank You so much!

Ginn & Ed

Cast off the bowlines!

ROTTERDAM, PANAMA CANAL, 11/12/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

14 days in the Caribean - VEENDAM 11/26/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;11;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Sinbad37,glad I could provide some helpful information based on our experience.

The sand wheelchair is a good suggestion, but it may not be the solution you need. For one thing, they are very hard to push in the sand. In additon, unless they have gotten more, there is only one sand wheelchair available to the cruise passengers(last time when we sailed November 03). Although we have always traveled in a suite (S or PH), we have never been able to get the sand wheelchair because they won't let you reserve it and someone always beats us to it (even with our suite priority tender passes). Once someone has it, they are allowed to keep it all day. Although the First Aid station has a sand wheelchair, they have always refused to let us borrow it, even just long enough to take our disabled party to a chair and bring it back.

This was one of the primary reasons we got a cabana--transportation was included. Also, the cabana attendants were very helpful in bringing lunch and providing assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the photos. I just reserved the turquoise cabana (although the confirmation called it "SH BLUE".

May I have your permission to use your photos on my cruising pages? TIA.

I just booked one for our November '04 Zuiderdam cruise. Please note that this is charged to your credit card immediately rather than on your ship account at time of sailing.

[quote name='viennacruiser']How early can you book a Cabana? We are going in March 05.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Texkat, I just have to tell you what an amazing job you did with this information!!! I think you should charge us for this service:D . Great pictures and it finally really clarifies the cabanas for me! Thank you, thank you.

I read somewhere on here that they also rent out "clams" -- those little half umbrella things? Anyone know about that? I see nothing on the HAL site.

Here's a link to a photo

[url="http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1264"][font=AvantGarde Bk BT][color=#800080]http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=1264[/color][/font][/url]

Not the best shot but better than nothing! :D

I booked the Pink Cabana for the 12/19/04 Westerdam cruise. Your photos were just what I needed. I'm so fair that I was considering staying on the ship. Thanks to you I will be having a great day with my family

[quote name='dst']Thanks so much for this post, we have the green cabana on our July 24th sailing on the Zuiderdam. The one thing that concerns me now is that we paid a lot to have a Butler and I am not sure what he will do for us now....I think I may have to call HAL to get all the details

THANKS for this post, it helps us see where we are and got me excited for our cabana.[/QUOTE]
dst-

I hope yours was better than ours! We had the butler service when they first offered it. The food was spectacular - don't get me wrong - but the rest left quite a bit to be desired. We were supposed to have unlimited beverage service - in fact, ordered a bottle of Chardonnay for our lunch, all we received were three warm beers...

I think they've done away with the butler service on all new bookings. We spent over $400 and it definitely wasn't worth it - I hope yours is much better!

No problem at all. We invited a few of our CC buddies to our cabana - they may ask you in advance if you will be entertaining anyone else - there is a price increase for additional people - but you shouldn't have a problem sharing with another cabin.

We booked a cabana with my sister in another cabin for our Dec cruise on the Zuiderdam. She paid and we will try to pay her back but she won't take the money so far! They took both our cabin numbers for the priority tendering. It was no problem at all.:)

Archived