Vancouver Hotels

Shaf143

Good to know..thanks!

I have stayed at the Blue Horizon a few times. An older high rise that has been well cared for and upgraded over the years. Excellent location for a walkers and shopper as it is on Robson St. Rooms on the south side are directly over the street and are noisier than the other faces. Only 8 rooms per floor. VERY popular with British and German tour groups. A $10 dollar cab ride for the 5 minute journey.

We are flying in the night before our cruise and will stay near the port, but after, we are taking via train home. Since it does not go everyday, we will stay one night post-cruise. Does anyone know of a good hotel near the via station? I can't find any on the map. Thanks

You don't want to stay near the VIA station as there are no "nice" hotels in that area. It is a hop skip and jump from downtown via the Skytrain. Stay in the central core near the pier. You'll be better off.

You don't want to stay near the VIA station as there are no "nice" hotels in that area. It is a hop skip and jump from downtown via the Skytrain. Stay in the central core near the pier. You'll be better off.

Any thoughts/comments on the Marriott Residence Inn? It gets good reviews on TripAdvisor but we know nothing about the area.

Anyone use or know about Blue Horizon? I see it didn't make the list?

It always bothers me that I don't include it and the only reason I don't is that it is a bit out of that 6 to 8 block radius from Canada Place. But fear not, it is a great hotel, a solid 3.5*, excellent, very safe location on Robson St. amongst its shops and restaurants. Large, clean well appointed rooms...not much in the way of views though. The HOHOs stop right in front of the hotel. It is a favourite with cruisers and about a $12 cab fare to Canada Place. I am sure that you will be happy with the BH.:)

The area is fine around the Residence Inn - I live a block away and can see the hotel from my balcony - mostly residental area with lots of services - stores etc. A short 10 minute taxi ride down Hornby to Canada Place. It was totally renovated a couple of years ago and has a new management company.

If you have Granville Island on your bucket list it is a short 4 block walk to the little ferries that take you across False Creek to Granville Island.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Dennis

The Hampton is in a good area - close to Yaletown, stadiums and civic theaters, lots of places, to eat.

It's only a short 5 - 10 taxi ride to the port and the Hampton may have a shuttle to the port.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Dennis

The area is fine around the Residence Inn - I live a block away and can see the hotel from my balcony - mostly residental area with lots of services - stores etc. A short 10 minute taxi ride down Hornby to Canada Place. It was totally renovated a couple of years ago and has a new management company.

If you have Granville Island on your bucket list it is a short 4 block walk to the little ferries that take you across False Creek to Granville Island.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Dennis

Thanks for the information. Any restaurants you can recommend in the area of the Residence Inn? We love seafood and casual local flavor.