elation

maisweh

first post and i'm not very computer literate, so forgive me if this has been posted before. we're booked on the elation on october 18, this will be our second on the elation and third overall. i read it will be just out of shipyard before that. does anyone know what changes will be on it? waterworks? red frog? guys?

i really like the mongolian wok so i hope they dont take that out.

first post and i'm not very computer literate, so forgive me if this has been posted before. we're booked on the elation on october 18, this will be our second on the elation and third overall. i read it will be just out of shipyard before that. does anyone know what changes will be on it? waterworks? red frog? guys?

i really like the mongolian wok so i hope they dont take that out.

I personally wouldn't book a ship just back from the shipyard, way too many stories of them doing contruction during the cruise / not all things back open right away.

I personally wouldn't book a ship just back from the shipyard, way too many stories of them doing contruction during the cruise / not all things back open right away.

we didnt know it was going to shipyard when we booked. i don't do summer cruises because thats when im fishing, and from november-february is hunting season. settled on october.

• 2 weeks later...

The elation is a beautiful ship. Was on it last January, and will be on it again on January 24th 2015. I am excited to see what upgrades they will do. I am hoping for a guys, seaside theater, and water works, but I don't really expect the water works. It looks like the dates are now blocked off from 9/21 to 10/8. That gives them 18 days out of service which seems like quite a bit of time.

I'll be on the ship on the cruise that starts on the 13th, which will be the second cruise after drydock.

I'm really hoping it gets the Guy's Burger Joint. I've been thinking about sending a question over to John Heald's blog to see if there's any info. You'd think that with three months to go, they'd have everything finalized... but who knows.

I would think they would definitely have a plan by this point. I guess they are probably trying to build a little suspense to see what happens to this older ship. The 2.0 upgrades would be great, but im curious to see where they will put them.

I'll be on the ship on the cruise that starts on the 13th, which will be the second cruise after drydock.

I'm really hoping it gets the Guy's Burger Joint. I've been thinking about sending a question over to John Heald's blog to see if there's any info. You'd think that with three months to go, they'd have everything finalized... but who knows.

Don't know if you have or not come join our roll call for the 13th.

From what I've been reading all they are doing is painting new carpet and beds :( I hope that's not true tho... I told my husband the other day that I think they are fixing to get rid of the elation like they did the Holliday if you remember they did all the upgrade to all the other ships but not the Holliday day and about a year later they sold it....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I loved the classic interior of the Elation, but would love it if they took out the life jacket boxes that are built into the floor, really makes it hard to find room when the bed is a king. Throw the life jackets into the closet. Water works would be nice, but it is also nice to have the second pool on the upper deck. Since the pool on the lido is usually packed.

I just submitted a question on John Heald's blog... hopefully we'll get some information. :)

Thanks, Robear! Hopefully we can wish you a happy birthday on this cruise! At last count there was 12 of us so we can do a rousing if not on key Happy Birthday song!

I love the Elation though as this will be our 3rd cruise in a row aboard her, I'm hoping there will be another ship in NOLA next year that goes on 5 nights!

i hope if it is sold, then they replace with another 5 day... 7 days is nice and all, but a bit too long for me, and more vacation days than i like to shell out.

also, 18 days seems long just to replace carpet and paint...

From what I've been reading all they are doing is painting new carpet and beds :( I hope that's not true tho... I told my husband the other day that I think they are fixing to get rid of the elation like they did the Holliday if you remember they did all the upgrade to all the other ships but not the Holliday day and about a year later they sold it....

They sent Holiday to another of their lines.

She is now Grand Holiday and is gorgeous.

But maybe they are planning to move Elation.

I would like Triumph back for five days.

Here is the reply from the beards:

Hello Rob,

Thank you for contacting us.* We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

At this time we do not have any information on the renovations and improvements for the Elation during Dry dock. Please check back in a couple of months.

Thank you*for choosing Carnival.**

Sincerely,

The Beards

Good Morning all! My new husband and I will be sailing on the Elation November 10, 2014 for our Honeymoon (getting married on November 8) number 3 for me 1st for him and I loved the 7-day vacation but this 5-day is exciting too cause I've never been to Progreso and I absolutely love Cozumel 😊. Like all of you I too am curious about the 2.0 upgrades and we just booked on Monday so I had no clue that it was even set for dry dock but I searched and searched and this is what I found:

"The upgrades will vary by ship, but could include the following:

Alchemy Bar

BlueIguana Cantina

BlueIguana Tequila Bar

DJ IRIE

EA SPORTS Bar

Guy's Burger Joint

Hasbro, The Game Show

The Library Bar

Playlist Productions

The Punchliner Comedy Club Presented By George Lopez

RedFrog Rum Bar"

If it doesn't get everything can it at least get Guy's Burger Joint and Red Frog Rum Bar (loved this place on the Magic) for sure!!!!!

We just off the Elation last week and we could tell that some upgrades were already being phased in. Different decorations being one example. The Punchliner Club has always been on the Elation, but it has already been changed to be presented by George Lopez. There really weren't any differences except they now show a short video of George Lopez explaining the rules before the comedians take the stage. I can't wait to see what other upgrades the Elation gets!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

We just off the Elation last week and we could tell that some upgrades were already being phased in. Different decorations being one example. The Punchliner Club has always been on the Elation, but it has already been changed to be presented by George Lopez. There really weren't any differences except they now show a short video of George Lopez explaining the rules before the comedians take the stage. I can't wait to see what other upgrades the Elation gets!

We also had a flat screen TV in our cabin that wasn't there last year as well as the corner lights under the TV were gone and replaced with a smaller one. We noticed several things, mostly cosmetic, around the ship last week. I want a water park instead of that above deck pool at the back of the ship :D

We also had a flat screen TV in our cabin that wasn't there last year as well as the corner lights under the TV were gone and replaced with a smaller one. We noticed several things, mostly cosmetic, around the ship last week. I want a water park instead of that above deck pool at the back of the ship :D

I forgot about the TV and the light! That was definitely different! I would love a waterpark, but I doubt it happens because it's only going to be in dry dock for a few weeks. I hope I'm wrong!

We were on the same cruise as Maldenmusic. We had the new light in the corner, but not a new TV. The color on our TV was WAY off.

Just my opinion, but I doubt the Elation will get a Guys and Blue Iguana. I just don't see Carnival doing those upgrades to a 4/5 night ship when the 7 night ship does not have those things.