blue cheese on caribbean princess?

mick1234

i was just reading over the menu for the eastern route on the caribbean princess and i don't notice blue cheese listed on any of the menus. does anyone know if the have blue cheese dressing? sounds like a foolish question, but my husband loves blue cheese!

I always order blue cheese dressing in the dining room for my salad. I have been on many cruise lines and never had a waiter to refuse.

They make up a small order in the kitchen for you if it is not on the menu. The first night, I make the request and, with a smile, advise the waiter that I really like blue cheese dressing and will be requesting it every night for my salad.

Once in a while, the asst. waiter will bring around the regular salad dressings to offer me, and I just remind him I have the blue cheese dressing. Sometimes he will forget to serve you the special order, although it is already made up. I'm telling you this because one cruise I was at a table with another couple and the gentleman was like me--blue cheese dressing every night. The second night of the cruise, the asst. waiter brought around the regular salad dressings for everyone, even though we had both requested the blue cheese dressing. The asst. waiter began with that other side, and the gentleman went ahead and took one of the other salad dressings. When the asst. waiter came to me, I reminded him I had the special order. He apologized and went back to the serviing area, picked up the blue cheese dressing bowl, and brought it to me. The other gentleman told me he thought that the request had been refused and so he "settled" for something else.

So if you make the request and something else is brought, just ask about it-- don't assume the request wasn't honored. I've found that the waiters are usually very good about trying to meet special requests.

I also tip extra beyond the suggested amount for this good service.

I think there are now three different blue cheeses under discussion here. Some folks are discussing blue cheese salad dressing and indicate that it's available on request. It also appears that crumbly blue is available as a salad topping on request (very good news for me).

But I was unaware that Stilton would be offered when requested I wouldn't waste Stilton on a salad but agree that it makes a very good final course of a meal in place of dessert.

They will most certainly bring it to you, I love it too.

If you are a blue cheese fan, on day at lunch (in the dining room) order a bacon burger and ask for blue cheese melted on it. I usually just order the burger and ask for crumbled blue cheese and load it on the top of the burger !

YUM YUM

Archived