February 2015 Ft Lauderdale Hotels~ Where did you book? How much?

vacation_junkie

I was able to find a promo code for the first year free (this is NOT a free booking site like expedia, travelocity, etc.). The code is TURKEYSENTME, and it's been in effect since last November. We'll see what happens in a year when my free membership expires.

I've had my "membership" for almost two years. I never received even a reminder.

. I have found that the price shown online to members has always been the least expensive when I've opted to call regarding this just to double check.

:D Yes I have called a few times too, just to see if they could take a few more dollars off. No harm asking.;)

We got a room (suite) at Hyatt House for $78. The date is Feb. 26. I got the room through Priceline Express deals.

They have free airport pickup and a shuttle for $8 pp to the port, but we will get a cab. Best of all there is a shopping center across the street for last minute buys.

Robin, do you remember what ammenities were listed for this hotel on priceline and how long ago you booked it?

Regarding LAST MINUTE TRAVEL..

Although some of the hotels aren't shown, there are ways to find out the hotel.

1. All hotels are usually visible when using an IPAD.

2. If you're not using an IPAD try this...

a. click "BOOK IT" on a hidden hotel you're interested in.

b. <new page>click on "ADD THIS ACTIVITY" if any are available (any activity...doesn't matter which)

c. click on "CONTINUE BOOKING" (on the same page)

d. <new page>the hotel should appear under "RESERVATION DETAILS"

3. If all else fails, check out the photos. A lot of times, there are pictures of the names

of the hotel restaurants, plug that name into google to see which hotel has that restaurant or bar. Usually LMT uses the exact same photos as the hotel website does.

PAY ATTENTION to the room description terminology. Certain hotels use certain terms for their rooms. "WONDERFUL" is usually W HOTEL. "1 BEDROOM OCEAN FRONT, or OCEAN VIEW" or " is usually ATLANTIC RESORT AND SPA..

Edited by DCT61

I booked the Hyatt House through Priceline Express deals in April. It was a listing with a 8 star rating. I don't remember all of the amenities but it has a pool, breakfast, shuttle, free wifi and I don't know what else.

I am trying to book either the Viceroy or Epic for the night of my husband's birthday just as a fun thing to do and have found that the Florida Resident's Rate is beating everything else I can find but I haven't tried a resort bidding on priceline.

So if you are a Florida Resident, don't skip searching for that also.

Don't we already have the stickies for that? It seems to be contrary to me. People will always make a new thread anyway, no criticism but just trying to help out, like eandj did for one's future reference.

Do you need a good hotel rate for your Feb '15 cruise, we are glad to help out on that? :)

Didn't see a sticky for just for specifically Feb 15 or I wouldn't have started one ;)

You DO NOT want to stay at the Rodeway Inn. It is a dump of a hotel.

Isn't that a red flag to you that all other motels are $50 more a night? Also, you should never recommend a hotel you haven't stayed in yet.

I once booked about 15 rooms in this motel last minute for boat show and not one of the rooms was able to be used. The hotel has not been remodeled since this booking.

A co-worker just returned from this hotel.

Booked both their pre and post cruise stay about a week ago.

They had 3 rooms and all were perfectly fine.

2 out of 3 of the rooms were updated. tile as opposed to carpets now.

She said it was Clean with no frills but absolutely not a dump.

It was a motel vs a hotel as per say but suitable with no complaints.

Being a member (LMTC) shows you exactly the hotel name no guessing or need to make a phone call..membership sign up is only asking for your email address they don't need any other personal info if that's what you're so concerned about..What ever works for you but for me personally it couldn't be easier to just have a free membership and check online for the exact hotel and dates I'm looking for. I have found that the price shown online to members has always been the least expensive when I've opted to call regarding this just to double check.

Going to check this out tonight. Thanks

Regarding LAST MINUTE TRAVEL..

Although some of the hotels aren't shown, there are ways to find out the hotel.

1. All hotels are usually visible when using an IPAD.

2. If you're not using an IPAD try this...

a. click "BOOK IT" on a hidden hotel you're interested in.

b. <new page>click on "ADD THIS ACTIVITY" if any are available (any activity...doesn't matter which)

c. click on "CONTINUE BOOKING" (on the same page)

d. <new page>the hotel should appear under "RESERVATION DETAILS"

3. If all else fails, check out the photos. A lot of times, there are pictures of the names

of the hotel restaurants, plug that name into google to see which hotel has that restaurant or bar. Usually LMT uses the exact same photos as the hotel website does.

PAY ATTENTION to the room description terminology. Certain hotels use certain terms for their rooms. "WONDERFUL" is usually W HOTEL. "1 BEDROOM OCEAN FRONT, or OCEAN VIEW" or " is usually ATLANTIC RESORT AND SPA..

Thanks for this great info!!!! I'll grab the ipad when I get home and try it out!

We got a room (suite) at Hyatt House for $78. The date is Feb. 26. I got the room through Priceline Express deals.

They have free airport pickup and a shuttle for $8 pp to the port, but we will get a cab. Best of all there is a shopping center across the street for last minute buys.

Priceline Express deals for

Hyatt House Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port 90 Southwest 18Th Avenue, Dania Beach, FL

For Feb 7th is coming up at $313 a night

$98 is a great price!!!

I was able to find a promo code for the first year free (this is NOT a free booking site like expedia, travelocity, etc.). The code is TURKEYSENTME, and it's been in effect since last November. We'll see what happens in a year when my free membership expires.

FYI for anyone planning on joining lastminutetravelclub.com or lmtc.com

First I went to lmtc.com and tried to sign up,,,,but it didn't give me an option to put in the code the previous posted provided. The message I got said someone would get back with me. Ack - I didn't want to speak to a person. ;)LOL

Then I went to lmt.com (lastminutetravel.com) and clicked the tab that said "club". It routed me to lmtc.com. The link gave me a different sign up page than before. It already had a freee code in it to give me a membership. Code that was already put in the box for me was: JOINTHELMTCLUB1

Edited by tbbtravels

A co-worker just returned from this hotel.

Booked both their pre and post cruise stay about a week ago.

They had 3 rooms and all were perfectly fine.

2 out of 3 of the rooms were updated. tile as opposed to carpets now.

She said it was Clean with no frills but absolutely not a dump.

It was a motel vs a hotel as per say but suitable with no complaints.

The hotel rooms have been tile for some time.

I'm not trying to be argumentative with you but I don't get this.

You are going to listen to a co-worker who has maybe spent 12 hours at this hotel over someone who lives here and drives by it all the time?

It is a poor motel in a not great part of town. Expect to see hookers at the motel and I'm not kidding.

I would keep looking. If not, I hope you have a good stay.

You are going to listen to a co-worker who has maybe spent 12 hours at this hotel over someone who lives here and drives by it all the time?

It is a poor motel in a not great part of town. Expect to see hookers at the motel and I'm not kidding.

Thanks BlueHerons for that info - We have a trip in August on Carnival's Freedom and I went with Holiday Inn Express Convention Center for pre and post cruise stay. Mainly because of the reviews from you guys about rhodeway. Several have posted that it was in a bad part of town and had prostitues frequenting it.

So what ya know about the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center? Little late since I am already booked with a non cancel rate, but I am planning on a Feb 2015 trip.

Thanks BlueHerons for that info - We have a trip in August on Carnival's Freedom and I went with Holiday Inn Express Convention Center for pre and post cruise stay. Mainly because of the reviews from you guys about rhodeway. Several have posted that it was in a bad part of town and had prostitues frequenting it.

So what ya know about the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center? Little late since I am already booked with a non cancel rate, but I am planning on a Feb 2015 trip.

It's a well kept hotel in a great part of town. You are very near a water taxi stop and surrounding by great shopping and dining.

I wouldn't think twice about staying here. Only downside is no pool.

That bad? :eek: ok..will continue to look then. Thank you for the honest advice!

How about Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port Hotel? Any better?

Didn't see a sticky for just for specifically Feb 15 or I wouldn't have started one ;)

What is the EXACT date you need? The daily rates vary. We could give you help in researching if that was provided. Not just the month and year.:o

It's a well kept hotel in a great part of town. You are very near a water taxi stop and surrounding by great shopping and dining.

I wouldn't think twice about staying here. Only downside is no pool.

Thank you!!!!!

We wanted to be close to the water taxi, in a good part of town, close to food and shopping and be able to get a cheap taxi ride if we don't do the shuttle to the port.

Woot woot - I am so happy! I did good. Cruise buddy will be so impressed!

Think we paid 99.00 and 117.00 and I checked everywhere I could find for that rate.

IMO, nothing worse than being afraid to leave the room and a close 2nd is the room being so bad run down and nasty I want to leave the room.

Edited by tbbtravels

That bad? :eek: ok..will continue to look then. Thank you for the honest advice!

How about Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port Hotel? Any better?

Much better! Lots of fun places to eat out that way also! I'm sure the hotel shuttle will take you to Rustic Inn or Islamorada Fish Company and you'll be in for a real treat! An old school Florida seafood restaurant on the water! Islamorada Fish Company is also good in the Bass Pro Shop. The hotel is on the newer side, a MUCH better choice!

Thank you!!!!!

We wanted to be close to the water taxi, in a good part of town, close to food and shopping and be able to get a cheap taxi ride if we don't do the shuttle to the port.

Woot woot - I am so happy! I did good. Cruise buddy will be so impressed!

Think we paid 99.00 and 117.00 and I checked everywhere I could find for that rate.

IMO, nothing worse than being afraid to leave the room and a close 2nd is the room being so bad run down and nasty I want to leave the room.

Wow! That price is for February? That is very impressive!

Nope, that is for my August Trip. Oops - posted in wrong place. Better fix that. LOL

Ack can't edit it now,,,,been too long.

eta:

We have a trip for August 2014 that I booked hotel and air travel last week for it.

I am working on a trip for Feb 2015 and just posted in the wrong place.

Edited by tbbtravels

Nope, that is for my August Trip. Oops - posted in wrong place. Better fix that. LOL

Ack can't edit it now,,,,been too long.

eta:

We have a trip for August 2014 that I booked hotel and air travel last week for it.

I am working on a trip for Feb 2015 and just posted in the wrong place.

Keep watching hotels.

Last July I got the Renaissance across the street which is much, much nicer for $68 per night for late July.

You still got a great deal if you don't want to mess with it but just to let you know you'll find even better deals as you get closer.

:)

Much better! Lots of fun places to eat out that way also! I'm sure the hotel shuttle will take you to Rustic Inn or Islamorada Fish Company and you'll be in for a real treat! An old school Florida seafood restaurant on the water! Islamorada Fish Company is also good in the Bass Pro Shop. The hotel is on the newer side, a MUCH better !

Thanks for the input! Feb 7th CAA\AAA rate was $184 plus tax. Great rate.

Anywhere else you can suggest? I reserved this hotel for the time bring. Can change if I find something different.

This is the 1st time we are flying in the afternoon before our cruise and are not renting a car. We usually come in a couple days before.

Anything in walking distance? Store to grab snacks for the room?

Again thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the input! Feb 7th CAA\AAA rate was $184 plus tax. Great rate.

Anywhere else you can suggest? I reserved this hotel for the time bring. Can change if I find something different.

This is the 1st time we are flying in the afternoon before our cruise and are not renting a car. We usually come in a couple days before.

Anything in walking distance? Store to grab snacks for the room?

Again thanks for the input.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I haven't been out there in a couple of months (I'm pretty stuck on Las Olas!) but poster TamTam said there was a shopping center across the street. I don't know if that is true but there was quite a bit of construction going on out there this winter.

Could not find any Cambria Suites rates so quick but did found their neighbour (BH needs to chime in on this if it's any decent);

Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

Feb 7, 2015 to Feb 8, 2015 - 2 Adults

Room Type Avg Per Night Total Cost

Standard Double - 1 Bed

Breakfast Buffet Included $118 + $13 taxes/fees $131