Southern Caribbean on Summit -departure at 8:30pm -What time can we board?

KLSweetland

Hi -

We are taking the Southern Caribbean cruise on Summit Dec 6, it leaves at 8:30pm. I'm really disappointed in the pre-cruise hotel I booked through Priceline name your price, and I'm hoping we can board the ship really early. Anybody know what time embarkation starts for such a late departure?

Thanks!

I've done that cruises several times and am booked for it again on the Summit in January. Boarding time is normal, we usually get there around 11 am. The only reason for the late departure is some people fly in the day of departure and flights come in to San Juan later in the day.

Enjoy your cruise, the Southern Caribbean ports are wonderful!

Hi -

We are taking the Southern Caribbean cruise on Summit Dec 6, it leaves at 8:30pm. I'm really disappointed in the pre-cruise hotel I booked through Priceline name your price, and I'm hoping we can board the ship really early. Anybody know what time embarkation starts for such a late departure?

Thanks!

Like others, we left hotel at 11h00, took taxi, and were on board by 11h30. No waiting at all.

Curiosity got me. What hotel did you get that you are so disappointed with?

• 3 weeks later...

Our first sailing on Summit in 2013, we were onboard by 11AM - we were actually waiting for Bistro on Five to open!

Second time in April 2014, we decided to board a little later. We were at the buffet by 12:30.

San Juan is the easiest port I have ever boarded at.

I was wondering the same thing. I am on the same cruise but on Nov 22nd., also sailing out at 8:30pm. Our confirmation shows our boarding time as 3pm-7pm. I'm assuming from all your comments that it is okay to board early? Just wondering because we have to be checked out of our hotel at noon and I don't really want to be hanging around town with our luggage for 3 hours :)

Just something to keep in mind KLSweetland and vanbeachbunney.

When we arrived at the dock, we dropped off our luggage and headed back into San Juan for the day and did some sightseeing. We actually came back at 5:00 and did our check in.

We are planning on doing the same thing in January when we go on the Summit again.

Edited by chrismakris

Hi -

Thanks!

In April we were at the port by 10:30 and had to wait until 11 for the doors to open. We were at the pool bar before 11:30