Dream review, tons of pics, 3 beach reviews!

bluejay555

Hi bluejay555'

...in Jamaica we went to Sunset Beach Resort and it was great, all inclusive, they had slides and a lazy river and I think at least three pools a adults only pool, a regular pool and one for small kids and it wasn't very far from the pier.

We went to Sunset Beach when we were in Mo'Bay last August and loved it. I booked it through resortforaday.com and got a great deal. I loved how close we were to the pier and that we could see the ship from the front of the resort! Transportation was super quick and we thoroughly enjoyed our day. Will definitely be back the next time we're in Mo'Bay!

Thank you again for your AMAZING DREAMy review!!! We just made our final payment today for our upcoming cruise in Sept.!!! I'd love to see more pics of the view from your cove balcony...it will be our first cove!!

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to post it. My wife and I were on that trip and recognized you from the tender to Grand Cayman.

Just an FYI...you mentioned sunscreen and reapplying and such...I just wanted to say to everyone that the spray on sunscreen is not as effective as the good old fashioned lotion type. I see so many people using it and I just want to warn everyone. Use a good SPF 30 or higher and reapply every few hours and you will never burn like that. Also, make sure and check the expiration dates on your sunscreen.

Take care!

Edited by Wheels87

Great review! Thanks for taking the time to post it. My wife and I were on that trip and recognized you from the tender to Grand Cayman.

Just an FYI...you mentioned sunscreen and reapplying and such...I just wanted to say to everyone that the spray on sunscreen is not as effective as the good old fashioned lotion type. I see so many people using it and I just want to warn everyone. Use a good SPF 30 or higher and reapply every few hours and you will never burn like that. Also, make sure and check the expiration dates on your sunscreen.

Take care!

Cool! You probably saw us freaking out about forgetting our tickets :cool:

And good advice on the sunscreen. We used mostly the spray.

Great job! We are looking forward to our trip now.

Thanks! Enjoy your trip! Before a cruise, I love coming on here and looking at reviews to help me get excited (like I need help getting excited for a cruise lol )

We were on the Dream in May and in every port we did something different than you did, so it was really interesting to see your pictures. Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

Oh cool, thanks! Yeah, it's interesting to see what excursions people choose to do. I love seeing everyone's adventures :)

Thank you again for your AMAZING DREAMy review!!! We just made our final payment today for our upcoming cruise in Sept.!!! I'd love to see more pics of the view from your cove balcony...it will be our first cove!!

Well thank you, and congrats on your final payment... Sept will be here before you know it! OK, I found a few more pics of the cove balcony. You really are going to love it.

Coves are slightly bigger than regular balconies. I want to say 5 sq. ft. bigger?

IMG_2685_zpsc7a4318b.jpg

They're very roomy. We all 4 would sit out there no problem.

IMG_2686_zpsf8f9b782.jpg

This shot just puts into perspective how close you are to the water. The coves are right under the lifeboats.

IMG_3061_zpse8c85fb2.jpg

IMG_2954_zps0a041aef.jpg

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

well thank you, and congrats on your final payment... Sept will be here before you know it! Ok, i found a few more pics of the cove balcony. You really are going to love it.

They're very roomy. We all 4 would sit out there no problem.

This shot just puts into perspective how close you are to the water. The coves are right under the lifeboats.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

thank you!!!!

I was just wondering if you happened to remember what movies were played at the seaside theater at night? My ds knows that Frozen is going to be playing one night (I haven't seen it yet and I've promised not to watch until the cruise :p ) and I see that you watched that also, but do happen to know what else was shown?

I was just wondering if you happened to remember what movies were played at the seaside theater at night? My ds knows that Frozen is going to be playing one night (I haven't seen it yet and I've promised not to watch until the cruise :p ) and I see that you watched that also, but do happen to know what else was shown?

Here's a few...Moneyball, The Monuments Men, The Great Gasby, 42, Divergent, Thor, The Lego Movie and Frozen. Just don't have the 1st couple nights on me.

Hi! Thanks for posting this review with all the pics!

I will refer back to it because I've never had a cove balcony and have never been to Jamaica! You provided great info on both.

By the way... I love the Twilight Zone too! My favorite Carnival frozen drink.

Looks like your family had a great time. Enjoyed seeing all the details

Thanks again! I know the reviews take a lot of time and energy:)

What an awesome review, I just spent an hour going through the whole thing and loving your pictures, I feel like I know your kids now lol...they are too cute and you all look like you had a blast.

Question, we have planned to go on the Dream Sept 2015 so we still have quite a ways to go but we currently have 16 month old twins and want them to be a little older, we took a cruise this past April and it was a bit miserable with them being so tiny. How far in advance did you book your cruise? We were planning on booking ours Feb 2015, tax time! We definitely want to go with a cove balcony, I am thinking Sept isn't a super popular time of year since school is in but my 6 year old (will be 7 when we sail) has a week off in Sept so thats when we're going, I just don't want all the cove's to be sold out, we will be booking about 8 months in advance. The cruise we took this past April, it sold out completely 4 months before departure but it was a spring break cruise, so just curious how far in advance you booked? I am sure June is a busy month too.

Thank you for your review. Loved all the pics and descriptions. We will be on Dream this Sept. Can't wait. We are planning on going to Paradise Beach while in Cozumel this time around but with the wonderful pics you posted on here I am wondering if I shouldn't make a change in plans. :D

Yippee I am 200 great review thank you

Our. Secret to b2b is we decide do we want that second week more or the balcony depending on mood sometimes the second week wins sometimes the balcony wins but either way I am so excited and it is so hard to keep the secret from my 15 yo ds but it will be worth it

What a great review, I'm so glad I found it. We live in St Louis and are considering a cruise for our next vacation 3/15. We did Disney this year and Mexico all inclusive last year. I was pretty much sold on Disney or RCCL but have been swung competely towards Carnival in part b/c of cost, dining options, and I think the best overall options for fun for our 5 year old daughter and 14 year old son. Thanks again for taling the time and love the pics!