Dream review, tons of pics, 3 beach reviews!

bluejay555

Love your review.

Thanks especially for the info on the Seawinds excursion in Jamaica. That is the one port we are struggling to find what to do. We have done Dunn's River before and don't want to hassle with a public beach ( and just want a relaxing day.)

Looks like this is the thing to do!! Thanks and keep writing!!:)

Thanks! Hey I see that Rotan was canceled. Was that due to weather? I'm glad you had a great time anyway!!

Thanks everyone for all your nice replies!

Yes Roatan was cancelled, that was the one disappointment to our cruise! It was a beautiful day, but the captain said there was too much wind & wave swells to get into port safely. :( We still had a great cruise & I'm really missing it now!!! Your pictures are great & I enjoyed your review. Dream is a great ship!

Let me just say that this ship has some pretty weird artwork going on. I hated it, and I'm an art teacher. I usually appreciate most any art that I see in one way or another, but this art was just plain weird and out of place with all the glitzy décor. It belonged in camp carnival. Or a kid's bedroom or something. But a flashy, gold and jewel encrusted cruise ship interior?? (there seriously were polished glass tiles and marbles glued to everything that would sit still. My mom kept thinking there were coins on the floor and she'd bend over and it was a glass jewel tile lol) Um, nope! Sorry!

IMG_2893_zps5bb79771.jpg

IMG_2896_zpsa493888a.jpg

There is much more gaudy art that I will refrain from posting, like polar bears dancing in a ballroom, penguins playing soccer....

It looks and sounds like an idea gone slightly wrong. :p Possibly trying to depict 'Dreams'?

Loving your review and pics. Going on Dream in February in adjoining cove balconys, one for my wife and I and one for our 4 kids.

One thought that i had regarding the artwork around the ship, was that it was purpously kind of weird and dreamlike. Kind of a play on the Carnival Dream moniker. Just my thoughts on it, and believe me when I tell you that the only

thing I know about art is that it's short for Arthur.

Can't wait to read more and see more great pics. Thanks for sharing!

Haha, really, that's a great thought! Dream or no dream, those pictures weirded me out.

Love your review.

Thanks especially for the info on the Seawinds excursion in Jamaica. That is the one port we are struggling to find what to do. We have done Dunn's River before and don't want to hassle with a public beach ( and just want a relaxing day.)

Looks like this is the thing to do!! Thanks and keep writing!!:)

Awesome! It was a very relaxing day, for sure!! :)

Yes Roatan was cancelled, that was the one disappointment to our cruise! It was a beautiful day, but the captain said there was too much wind & wave swells to get into port safely. :( We still had a great cruise & I'm really missing it now!!! Your pictures are great & I enjoyed your review. Dream is a great ship!

That is such a bummer, especially if the weather was beautiful. Sorry!

Hello. Sorry I don't know what was going on yesterday when I couldn't see the pics but today I can see them just fine :)

I totally agree with your mom.....those blue rocking chairs on Lido Deck by the Pool were my favorite chairs to sit in on the Dream. They were so relaxing.

And I couldn't agree with you more about the tiles on the floor. When we were on the Dream in April you don't know how many times I bent over to pick up what looked like a quarter on the floor. How dumb of me :rolleyes: ;)

Hello. Sorry I don't know what was going on yesterday when I couldn't see the pics but today I can see them just fine :)

I totally agree with your mom.....those blue rocking chairs on Lido Deck by the Pool were my favorite chairs to sit in on the Dream. They were so relaxing.

And I couldn't agree with you more about the tiles on the floor. When we were on the Dream in April you don't know how many times I bent over to pick up what looked like a quarter on the floor. How dumb of me :rolleyes: ;)

I'm glad you can see them again! :D

OK, I just sat down for a few and will add some more pics....

Dinner pics!

IMG_3029_zpsf5c780fc.jpg

This was Thai chicken and was one of the best things I had in the main dining room. It would be great as a main entrée instead of a starter!

IMG_3030_zps60170c7e.jpg

Vichyssoise (puréed asparagus soup) It was not pleasant, but remember how we are trying something new every night? none of us cared for this, mainly because of the texture.

IMG_3031_zps430c4708.jpg

Fried shrimp was wonderful!

IMG_3032_zps2d44a0bb.jpg

Lasagna. Now this was interesting... it was full of green and black olives and spinach and meat and cheese. For not liking olives, it was very good!

IMG_3033_zps7f007473.jpg

Edited by bluejay555

Hello Grand Cayman!!!! We were going to Tiki Beach and couldn't wait to get tendered over there! We ordered room service bright and early so we wouldn't waste any time waiting in buffet lines.

IMG_3039_zps8b841049.jpg

RC Freedom of the Seas was anchored out there with us

IMG_3045_zps4c423a54.jpg

And the Glory showed up for the party, too!

IMG_3062_zps2fb652d6.jpg

We got a tender super fast. No waiting, no lines. We were on our way to the meeting place.... the theater I think? And there was a group on their way to the tender and the leader told us to jump in and follow along. We got right on board!

IMG_3065_zps942d095d.jpg

And this was just about the point where we remembered we had left our excursion tickets in our room. NOOOOOOO!!!

IMG_3068_zps1da7b521.jpg

Grand Cayman was my absolute favorite of all of the ports I have been to. I went on this same itinerary on the Conquest when she was docked in NOLA. We are booked on the dream in November, so I am loving these pics!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Loving your review. Heading out on the Dream on Nov 9 with my wife and 4 year old.

Did your kids go to Camp Carnival at all and if so, how was that?

35 miles south of St Louis? Like Fenton or High Ridge, or Festus or Arnold? I was born in St. Louis County but grew up west of there in Warren County.