Dream review, tons of pics, 3 beach reviews!

bluejay555

Can't wait to hear more. Our family is doing the same intinery in January. We will be driving down from Illinois.

We are booked in a cove also.

Is the traffic bad getting into the parking deck? How early did you arrive to park.

Traffic was pretty bad. We got there around 11am and waited in line to get into the parking garage for probably 20 min. Once we got in there, we had no trouble finding a parking spot though, and were walking into the terminal within minutes :)

I can see the pictures fine, too!!!!

Keep it coming:D:D:D

And to the 14yo and his mother, that got kicked off the ship in Jamaica, I am thinking he was doing drugs/and or drinking.

No fault of Carnivals. It sucks, but it happens.

Nice start to your review. I remember you commented often during my photo review of the Dream.

One thing to keep in mind for anyone who receives the free drink coupons....you don't have to redeem those in only the MDR. You can also use them at the Atrium Bar anytime before 5:00 pm. That's where we always use ours :)

Well shoot, I didn't know that! Guess I better hurry up and book another cruise so I can get my free drink at the atrium bar a little later in the afternoon this time ;) ...I wish! I'm already ready to get back on board!!!

I can see the pictures fine, too!!!!

Keep it coming:D:D:D

And to the 14yo and his mother, that got kicked off the ship in Jamaica, I am thinking he was doing drugs/and or drinking.

No fault of Carnivals. It sucks, but it happens.

I cannot even communicate how much trouble my kid would be in if she tried drugs/got drunk AND ruined my cruise on top of it!!! Not to mention all the money they had to pay to fly home last minute from Jamaica.

We were getting off the Dream the day you boarded. Thanks for sharing your pictures & helping me reminisce. The Dream was a beautiful ship & we had a great time! Ready to go again!!!

Thanks! Hey I see that Rotan was canceled. Was that due to weather? I'm glad you had a great time anyway!!

Thanks everyone for all your nice replies!

Here comes the first of the food pics! I took a pic of every different dish we had throughout the cruise, so you'll either leave this review hungry or disgusted :p

IMG_2748_zpsf31caf2e.jpg

Every table gets this basket of baked goods

IMG_2749_zps6986987f.jpg

The fat stack pancakes. Kind of boring, but tasty

IMG_2751_zps62eb848f.jpg

Omelet. You can choose what goes in it.

IMG_2752_zpsd35fceff.jpg

Huevos rancheros. Not bad!

IMG_2753_zpse5383c83.jpg

We decided to check out the aft pool today. It's very small, and seemed more of an adult hangout. Not much rowdy business going on, which was nice. The main pool had constant horseplay going on (which didn't really bother us, just saying).

IMG_2755_zpse8caadd5.jpg

IMG_2760_zpsbe3ea674.jpg

I bought my kids the bottomless bubbles and it was $78. I suppose it was worth it. They drank their weight in sodas :rolleyes:

IMG_2771_zpsa625f2a8.jpg

Back to the rowdy pool!

IMG_2772_zps97863ccd.jpg

IMG_2769_zpsa6ae1666.jpg

Got me a blue margarita, per suggestion from my fellow CC peeps :) I think I read about it in Shyhova's review. Anyway, it was good and it was strong, and it was a dollar off since it was the special of the day

IMG_2775_zps38aba64b.jpg

Lunch on the Lido deck was packed. I bet there was a half hour wait at the Mongolian Wok, which is what I really wanted. My girls and my mom wanted pizza, but I decided to try the burrito bar....OMG, it's my new fave! Deeeelish!

IMG_2783_zps32b7e3b5.jpg

We did a little exploring after lunch.

IMG_2788_zpsa16f6581.jpg

And my mom insisted on buying us the $10 watches. My wrist band broke within hours, but they were happy to exchange it, no problem.

IMG_2790_zps8b0adc5a.jpg

The bartender made a flower out of the straw wrapper. It's the little things...

IMG_2791_zpsa3bbafb5.jpg

Tea time!

IMG_2798_zps14dd3aad.jpg

IMG_2799_zps83dd4b2a.jpg

IMG_2805_zpsc828cf61.jpg

Tea time was a 3pm on sea days and it was so much fun! The girls loved it. We had 6pm dining, so after tea time, we explored some more, then hung out on our cove balcony. LOVED that balcony! We sat out there and watched the water go by, looked for ships, and saw lots of flying fish. Those little things must be like the squirrels of the sea because we saw so many everywhere.

Dinner time! We had the most awesome wait team! Ricardo and Joko. Ricardo did tons of magic tricks and was just a funny guy, and Joko went above and beyond to make sure the kids had a good time.

I can't remember what this was, but it was delicious and it was a starter

IMG_2811_zps1f910bde.jpg

Josie ordered fruit cocktail every single night

IMG_2813_zpsd6a0c350.jpg

OK, so every night, we said we'd order something none of us had every tasted and we'd all have to at least take a bite. It was hard to find dishes none of us had eaten before....tonight the winner was pumpkin soup. Yuck lol

IMG_2814_zps81fb4232.jpg

IMG_2820_zps0f95a994.jpg

Flat iron steak. Somebody got this just about every night and it was very inconsistent. Some nights it was perfect and juicy, other nights it was dry and blah.

IMG_2822_zps7d28213a.jpg

Didn't really matter what we ordered though, cause we all had fun!

IMG_2825_zps225a7f22.jpg

Loving the pictures. We sail on the Dream in November and want to hear and see it all. Your daughters are really cute! They look like they had a blast!

Thanks! They love cruising just as much as I do... maybe more ;) Just wish I could get my husband to be more enthusiastic about it!!

And of course the waiters sang to us

IMG_2828_zpsb03e366d.jpg

Cherries Jubilee... my mom was so disappointed it didn't come out flaming. Um, we're on a ship in the middle of the ocean. We don't need any open flames waving around!

IMG_2832_zps2f9d435e.jpg

We all know what this delicious little thing is! And they just automatically brought out two ice creams with it every time. They know!

IMG_2834_zpsf3263dfd.jpg

Apple puff pastry thing...

IMG_2835_zps00c8a838.jpg

IMG_2836_zps30de6750.jpg

OH, I almost forgot! People are always asking what the dress code is for the dining room. Well we were told we couldn't stay because we were wearing flip flops. Now we all had jewels or rhinestones on them except for little Josie, who's were solid black, but looked nice... not ratty. Not to mention, my mom and I both had fancy shirts with black slacks and the girls were wearing dresses. Please. The lady at the entrance to the dining room said we needed to go ask the maître d' if he would make an allowance. She pointed him out to us and we said yeah, yeah, we're on our way... but guess what... we just made a beeline for our table and no one called us on it. Blah, whatever! We were seated and no one could see our feet anyway at that point.

Your girls are adorable I teach on the east coast this is our last week but we don't go back until September 9th

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cool! What do you teach? Enjoy your last week! May 23 was our last day, but we go back in early August. I love my job, but summer break is never long enough :cool:

Looking forward to your review! My husband and I are going on the dream in August AND we booked a cove balcony! Never had one so I am looking forward to your review of it.

Cynthia

This was my first cove balcony and I liked it so much more than the regular balconies. The only downfall is being on deck 2, but that really was no big deal... we just felt like we spent a lot of time waiting for elevators, since we were usually on deck 10 or 12. It was a good trade off though, because we felt so close to the water, and the railing is different (no Plexiglas covering, and it seemed shorter), so you can see out easily while seated. We sat on our balcony every morning and every night! We took the little upholstered stool out there (which got soaking wet when it rained... oops!) and there is also a little table out there that made a good bench, so all 4 of us could sit comfortably.

We got back from dinner to find another wimpy washcloth animal....

IMG_2842_zps57750163.jpg

OK, time for sea day #2!!

The past cruiser party was on the 2nd sea day, but we decided not to go. We went last year and to be completely honest, it was kind of boring. Plus, I didn't like the "Funship" drink they were offering (although I've read on here that you can request whatever you want to drink and just give a nice tip). I liked the good ol' days when the cocktails and champagne were free flowing and lots of appetizer choices on trays, and it was more of a party atmosphere. Oh well, I shouldn't look down upon free food and drinks :p so I will shut up now!

IMG_2841_zps7b47c71b.jpg

A little selfie from the cabin... everybody needs to take a selfie from an unflattering angle sometimes :cool:

IMG_2843_zps3a1d653a.jpg