Liberty- Eastern Caribbean

edwardsm

This is my first time writing a cruise review so you guys please be patient and bear with me as I try to include photos. ( I attempted this last night and somehow deleted the one paragraph it took me hours to write) :eek:

I will warn you now, I do not remember every minute of what we did on a daily basis and what I do remember I will attempt to write in order. :confused: What I don't remember, will be an opionated overview.

We are a family of four. DH, DD is college student and DS high school. Our cruise was DS's spring break in April. We drove for 9 hours to Miami from Charleston SC, one day prior to cruise.

DSC00544_zps80ab3eec.jpg~c200

Im stopping here because I'm at work now and dont want my nosy co-workers to look on. If this is posted correctly, I will continue later today from home.

Thank for taking the time to post. FYI, I learned, the hard way I might add, to write my review in microsoft word and then copy and paste. That way I can save as I type and if I have internet issues or need to go, I can just save it and pick up later. I'll use put a symbol where I want to insert a picture to remind me when I go to post the review here.

Cruise Day- we checked out of hotel then attempted to ride to the beach but the traffic was too slow. I made reservation at Safe Cruise parking for our van's stay during our cruise so we decided to find its location, which by the way isnt far from the Courtyard.

We arrived there in time to park our van, unload our many, many luggages and hop on the crowded shuttle to the cruise terminal We arrived at our drop off point within 20 minutes.

Embarkation was a breeze. We were on the ship by 12:45. Glad we embarked in the lobby area because my first stop was guess services to apply cash to our Gold Sail Cards.

DSC00565_zps524e412b.jpg

Waiting for cabins in lobby area.

DSC00564_zps89508724.jpg

DH ordering his first drink at lobby bar

We were in our cabins by 1-1:30pm. No we did not buy Faster to the FunDSC00772_zpsb7b485e7.jpg

Our cabin number. Mine and Hubby's that is.

After unpacking we ate at Guys Burger Joint. Delicious.

DSC00571_zpsc7f9f884.jpg

Believe the hype. They are very good.

Did the muster drill then met some of the roll call group.

It was nice meeting them in person. First time doing that too.

DSC00572_zps6c2c826e.jpg

Carnival Breeze next to us

DSC00573_zps368ec596.jpg

Sail away party

Another perk is the Gold, Platinum and Diamond members reception held in the theatre. Very casual 30 minutes affair. DH and I attended. The waiters serve all VIFP free finger foods and drinks. The ship captain, director and other heads of Liberty's staff are introduced and say a few words. The band plays music afterwards.

TDSC00617_zpsc937f99f.jpg

This pic may not be the actual party but it is the Liberty's theatre.

DSC00585_zps31042fff.jpg?t=1403049907

Hello Bahamas!!

I will write briefly about each port, then more about the ship and onboard activities at the end of my review.

Those of you who will sail this ship and this itinerary soon will love it! Liberty is a beautiful ship and the ports are all wonderful.

Like most cruisers, we have visited the Bahamas many times. Although I like Nassau, there really isnt much to do once you've done most of the touristy things.

After much research, I being the family planner, surprised the family with the Nassau Segway Tour.

This was yet another First for us. Never driven a segway before but it was fun learning. If I can learn it, you can too!

DSC00591_zpsa6b173e8.jpg

Other ships at port. Atlantis in background

DSC00588_zpsc0a71032.jpg

Hubby, daughter and son getting geared up by one of the friendly tour guides.

That's about all we did on this Bahamas trip.

We arrived at the meeting place for the segway tour too early, I had the tour time mixed up:eek:Oh well better to be too early than too late! Anyway we utilized the extra time by walking around the downtown area. It was a Sunday so there wasnt much going on. We went into a couple of shops for souvenires.

After the segway tour, their cab driver drove us back to the ship. It was a fun day.

Next day was Sea Day and one of two Elegant Nights.

All I remeber is that we slept in late and ate Lobster. By this time or maybe the day before, we only saw our son at dinner and at ports of call. He did join us for a couple of shows and watched a movie on the big poolside screen with his sister. He was too busy with his new found ship friends! Which was good. He LOVES cruising because he can stay out until the wee hours partying at the teen club and eating pizza.

I will show pics tomorrow. Getting a little late. If you have questions do ask. Good night yall!

a75f187f-61f0-45d5-bbc7-4ed3d0d46d5c_zps4e48ff02.jpg?t=1403122365

DSC00608_zps417cac05.jpg

Pretty changing lights on chandeliers. They look much smaller live.

DSC00605_zps3d053866.jpg

Son in front of lights turning purple. Dont know why his forehead looks like that on this pic. Must of been something on the lens.:confused:

DSC00612_zpsded1920f.jpg

Lobster dinner before I devoured it. Best meal in the Main Dining Room. My opinion.

DSC00607_zps243bdc48.jpg

Me when the lights are blue.