Southern Caribbean islands

SharonK

We are doing the Exotic Southern Caribbean on Eclipse in February. We will go to Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antiqua, St. Kitts, and St. Marten. We want to snorkel at 2 islands, do 2 or 3 island tours, and then do the others on our own (maybe go to the beach, do a little shopping, etc.) Please tell me in your opinion which islands are the best for the snorkeling and who do you recommend using? Which ones are the best for wandering on our own? Which ones have great island tours? We do already have a tour booked with Thedford Grey in St. Kitts.

I have been to the individual island thread but I need help from people who can compare them.

Thanks so much for any advice you can give us. I'm never steered wrong by asking for help on CC!:D

I have snorkeled at Aruba. Baby Beach and Palm Island. Kinda okay

Barbados, at Malibu Beach. Murky Water

St. Kitts, A Loooooooong time ago as a destination rather than a cruise. Good snorkeling on the west coast down facing Nevis almost.

The others I haven't done, but Bonaire is supposed to be spectacular.

We are doing the Exotic Southern Caribbean on Eclipse in February. We will go to Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antiqua, St. Kitts, and St. Marten. We want to snorkel at 2 islands, do 2 or 3 island tours, and then do the others on our own (maybe go to the beach, do a little shopping, etc.) Please tell me in your opinion which islands are the best for the snorkeling and who do you recommend using? Which ones are the best for wandering on our own? Which ones have great island tours? We do already have a tour booked with Thedford Grey in St. Kitts.

I have been to the individual island thread but I need help from people who can compare them.

Thanks so much for any advice you can give us. I'm never steered wrong by asking for help on CC!:D

Aruba, perhaps a snorkel daysail with Tranquilo on their south side lunch sail -

http://www.visitaruba.com/things-to-do/tours-and-activities/the-tranquilo

Or a day on Palm Beach and lunch and drinks at Bugaloe beach bar

Bonaire is a prime diving and snorkel destination as Lulu mentioned.

Curacao, a beach day and a stroll through town with lunch on the river.

Barbados has gorgeous beaches or you can take the popular cat out (name escapes me) for snorkeling with sea turtles. We've taken island tours and although interesting the beaches are the main beauty here.

Just a note on Brandon's Beach (aka Malibu Beach) on Barbados - stunning beach with powdered sugar sand and gorgeous water colors. Snorkeling will not be good there due to the powdery sand.

St Lucia - excellent island to take a jungle tour and return via a nice cat, a few operators to choose from. Reed Princess is a very helpful advisor on the ST Lucia forum on tripadvisor.

Antigua - We love the See Antigua by Sea excursion, a wonderful day day on a beautiful 2-tier cat with a snorkel stop on Green Island with sea turtles followed by a nice tour of the ANtigua coast and a close look at English Harbor.

We also enjoyed an island tour with Lawrence of ANtigua that included a beach stop. Recommend a personal tour over a group tour.

ST Kitt's is a beach destination, or take the cat over to Nevis and enjoy a cookout and the beach.

St Maarten is also a beautiful beach destination (west coast) as well as one of the better shopping ports on your itinerary. We also love the Golden Eagle daysail here, excellent crew and great itinerary. They are docked near your ship so you can shop early then enjoy a day on the water.

Aruba, perhaps a snorkel daysail with Tranquilo on their south side lunch sail -

http://www.visitaruba.com/things-to-do/tours-and-activities/the-tranquilo

Or a day on Palm Beach and lunch and drinks at Bugaloe beach bar

Bonaire is a prime diving and snorkel destination as Lulu mentioned.

Curacao, a beach day and a stroll through town with lunch on the river.

Barbados has gorgeous beaches or you can take the popular cat out (name escapes me) for snorkeling with sea turtles. We've taken island tours and although interesting the beaches are the main beauty here.

Just a note on Brandon's Beach (aka Malibu Beach) on Barbados - stunning beach with powdered sugar sand and gorgeous water colors. Snorkeling will not be good there due to the powdery sand.

St Lucia - excellent island to take a jungle tour and return via a nice cat, a few operators to choose from. Reed Princess is a very helpful advisor on the ST Lucia forum on tripadvisor.

Antigua - We love the See Antigua by Sea excursion, a wonderful day day on a beautiful 2-tier cat with a snorkel stop on Green Island with sea turtles followed by a nice tour of the ANtigua coast and a close look at English Harbor.

We also enjoyed an island tour with Lawrence of ANtigua that included a beach stop. Recommend a personal tour over a group tour.

ST Kitt's is a beach destination, or take the cat over to Nevis and enjoy a cookout and the beach.

St Maarten is also a beautiful beach destination (west coast) as well as one of the better shopping ports on your itinerary. We also love the Golden Eagle daysail here, excellent crew and great itinerary. They are docked near your ship so you can shop early then enjoy a day on the water.

Thank you Blue Water for all the excellent tips! It gives me some good ideas for for research! I noticed your are from North Pole - do you live anywhere near Santa Claus?!:rolleyes: