If you had to the choice between...

tbrenk1973

Intercontinental gets a plus because it is a full service hotel.

With that said I would go with Hampton Inn.

It's a very nice Hampton Inn

It includes a nice breakfast.

It is smaller and less crowded.

It is located near Mary Brickell Village which has a lot of nice restaurants.

Either way you can't go wrong.

Keith

As Keith says , both are good choices.

Inter. sits on the water. Nice view of ships. Easy to catch tours at Bayside Mall a couple min.walk. Very nice business type hotel. I'd choose this one first.

BUT.....if it was less costly when needed, I'd be happy in that particular Hampton.

The Hampton Inn seems to be in a good location with Mary Brickell Village close by but I've not stayed there so I can't give an opinion.

I have stayed at the IC a few times and love it there for a night pre-cruise. I think the property is very nice with a nice pool area and great views of the Bay and Downtown.

It's also in a good location with a nice walk though Bayfront Park to get to Bayside Marketplace. As a tourist I don't find Bayside to be a destination but do find it quite entertaining for a night. Mostly because we don't have anything like that in New England...outdoor bars, restaraunts, shops, music, right on the water and you can take your drink to go. We find it a fun way to spend a few hours the evening before we cruise.

Stayed at the Intrcontinental last Oct. The hotel is first class, the staff was great, and if you stay here get a room with a port view. The draw back is there is only Bayside close by. Have not stayed in the Brickell area, but there is more shopping and restaurants in the area.