Time to Take A Stand - Elimination of In Room Consumption

RCCL is efficently passing the buck on in room booze consumption from themselves to the occupants. If you want to smuggle aboard booze and something bad happens the pax will have zero legal legs to stand on in blaming RCCL. As corporations go it is a sound bottom line decision.

RCCL is efficently passing the buck on in room booze consumption from themselves to the occupants. If you want to smuggle aboard booze and something bad happens the pax will have zero legal legs to stand on in blaming RCCL. As corporations go it is a sound bottom line decision.

I agree.

Yes, I got a reply yesterday. They basically said that they are trying to cut down on the underage drinking in the cabins and that is why they felt they must change this rule.

Last year I remember HAL was thinking of sticking their customers, the same way (They never really did, as you can still order your booze ahead of time.). Anyway It was hilarious the reasons they were giving to the people.

The first one was “The us tax department ordered them to do it”

The next one was “The Coast Guard ordered them to do it” (That one was my favorite)

The whole thing was hilarious.

Customer Service at RCI told me “We do have to tell you the reason” HAL never assumed that arrogance.

Now we see from our friend ciship that they are at least being decent enough to give a reason

Even though a 12-year-old could see through it. At least they’re recognizing the passenger’s need for an answer lame as it is. I thought HAL used up all the good ones, for trying it,last year. I guess not.

I’m sure they’ll try out some more, before it’s all over.

The real fun is just around a corner. :)

PS: Notice there's nothing about enforcement against the child, or his parent? Bartenders either, for that matter. This fabrication will get shot down pretty quickly. Think of the poor representatives that have orders to tell these whoppers to the public. :eek:

Archived