Victoria Park Hotel in Ft Lauderdale

sirenitas

Has anyone stayed at the Victoria Park Hotel in Ft Lauderdale? It looks nice, has great reviews and the price for a Queen Family suite pool side is $78 (including tax).

We do not need to be close to the port since this is our post cruise hotel. It is only for 1 night (fly out of FLL) and we will have a car.

Looks like a very reasonable spot especially if you have a car for getting around. I think it is an old motel type setup that has been modernized. There are several like that around the city. Go for it.;)

It's in a residential neighborhood; the location is fine. It's a few minutes walking distance to my favorite Italian restaurant, Serafina (on the water). Gateway movie theater and other restaurants are a 10 minute walk or short car ride away. Beach, Galleria Mall, and water taxi stop are 5 minutes away by car.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I would call the hotel and make sure they are not a gay resort.

It borders Wilton Manors and is right across the street from The Shubert Resort which is the largest men's nude gay resort in Fort Lauderdale.

Wilton Manors is one of the largest gay cities in the US.

Edited:

NO!!! It is the former Shubert Resort!!! It is still a men's gay hotel. Not that I have a problem with that (hey, I was at Gay Pride yesterday) but you probably don't want your three year old in the pool with a bunch of naked gay men.

Edited Again:

I went on Trip Advisor just to see what the reviews said and to me, it looks like the employees or owner are padding the reviews. All the latest reviews have very few reviews and several have only one review and surprise, it is for this resort.

It really is a gorgeous hotel in a great location.

Edited by BlueHerons

Because it will not let me edit again, let me just say this.

This hotel/resort/motel is really gorgeous. It is in a mid century modern perfectly preserved building in a tropical oasis. I was going to put my parents up there until I realized it was a nude men's resort.

I don't know the new owners or the direction that they are going in.

I would call the hotel and speak the owners/managers and find out what the deal is.

The location is fantastic. You can walk to the mall and the water taxi stop as well as a lot of restaurants and shopping.

If you stay there, please come back and write a report.

It could be an amazing place for cruisers.

It's in a residential neighborhood; the location is fine. It's a few minutes walking distance to my favorite Italian restaurant, Serafina (on the water). Gateway movie theater and other restaurants are a 10 minute walk or short car ride away. Beach, Galleria Mall, and water taxi stop are 5 minutes away by car.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info!

Because it will not let me edit again, let me just say this.

This hotel/resort/motel is really gorgeous. It is in a mid century modern perfectly preserved building in a tropical oasis. I was going to put my parents up there until I realized it was a nude men's resort.

I don't know the new owners or the direction that they are going in.

I would call the hotel and speak the owners/managers and find out what the deal is.

The location is fantastic. You can walk to the mall and the water taxi stop as well as a lot of restaurants and shopping.

If you stay there, please come back and write a report.

It could be an amazing place for cruisers.

Thanks! I had read some reviews (on Booking . com) that did say they had been a gay resort but now they are a family resort. I will call them and double check ;) We don't go until Oct but I'll let you al know how it works out.