Sovereign

HB, I too would be interested in hearing what happened. Although I've been on the Sovereign before, I just learned my son and daughter-in-law are planning on booking it, and I want to make them aware of possible disappointments/problems.

Thanks!

Michele (michuck@aol.com)

My mom and I just booked for the 9/19 sailing. I'm going to Orlando on business and after seeing the refurb. show couldn't resist sailing on her again. I would like to be added to the email list if possible. wendync3803@yahoo.com

I hope that everything gets resolved for you and kudos to you for making the best of your situation!!! :)

Hello Tim,

Thanks for sending me the concerns you had with the ship. I agree that some of that can distract you from having a good time.

I was understanding the whole experience until you brought up the strawberries!!! Why in the world would you have accepted such a mediocre token of apololgy such as that. I would have told them to take their strawberries and put them where the sun doesn't shine.

You lost me after that.

I also have been on about as many cruises as you and have had the good fortune to allways enjoy myself. Yes, I found lights burnt out and this and that wrong but I just realized that I was going to have a good time and not let the little things bother me. Life is too short, and cruises are wayyyyyyyyyyy to short to let things bother me. I've had my luggage lost etc. but just kept on rolling.

Once again I hope you become a cruiser again whether it be with RCI or whatever but after you experience a bad time ie: travel problems, bad pre hotel, etc.etc. let it go and have fun!!!!

Glen

Add us to your list of people to email if you don't mind. We are booked for Oct. and really would like to be prepared for what might await. We have never sailed on RCL and was kind of looking forward to try it out. It is always good to have a heads up.

Thanking you in advance for your email.... lewisbunch@msn.com

Although this poster may have legitimate complaints, I would suggest that all get their head ups from the much higher multitude of cruisers who have a wonderful cruise.....I'm sure there is a much higher average of happy guests than unhappy.

Michele

We have sent email to those that have requested it and thanks for your support. We do agree with Michuck however that you must look at others that have had wonderful cruises aboard the Sovereign. As we stated in the email, we had been on her three previous cruises before the cruise in which we had the problems and we loved each and every one we were on. Unfortuantely, this has left a bad taste in our mouth and will probably never go on her again and that is too bad as it was my favorite ship to cruise on prior to this sailing.

Please do not allow our issues to keep you from going on a cruise with Royal Caribbean or on the Sovereign. We are hoping ours was an isolated situation and will not happen again. We just wanted to open some eyes to what can happen sometimes and hopefully if it does, you receive better customer service than we did.

Tim & Crystal

I am too curious about negative cruise issues not expressed on this thread; however, would rather get on the Sovereign and find out the negative for myself. The sewer smell seems to be the one negative that is consistent and I know RCI knows about it + it does seem to disappear upon leaving the dock (I've been told has to do with the pump out procedure, but I have difficulty believing this). We are meeting up w/about 40 other CC readers even tho RCI won't give us a meet 'n mingle party:mad: - I hope whatever problems we experience on the SOS, they won't be as bad as problems we had on an old Carnival ship! I've reminded DH how terribly tiny our little inside cabin will be ....we're calling it "romantic" rather than "tiny":D I plan to comment on this thread after we complete our cruise....post will probably occur on 9/19.

EmJake's Bubbie

We hope you have a wonderful and uneventful (problems that is) cruise.

You will find the cabins on this ship rather small but who cares, you are on a cruise and will not spend too much time there anyway.

With your great attitude, we think you will have a great cruise and a wonderful review once you get back.

Tim & Crystal

HB Cruiser: this will be our 4th sailing on SOS.....last one was 9/2000 with about 40 friends 'n family for our alumni reunion - 3 nts. Decks 2/3/4 - everyone complained about everything that the recent re-do is alleged to have corrected except back in 2000 all said they smelled sewer/mold/mildew and yet, still the stinky smells seem to persist:confused: We never forget the impression SOS left on us with our 1st sailing when she was new....We've gone on to discover international land travels, as well, we've tried many ships/itineraries throughout the past 17 years. SOS remains our fav since it was our first - I always say that we've had the Good the Bad the Ugly!....We are patient cruisers, but if something is unacceptable, I tend to get vocal :rolleyes: We aren't expecting much so hopefully we won't be disappointed, but if we are, it won't be the first time:D We just want quiet time for each other plus we are looking forward to cruising with our friends.

I am too curious about negative cruise issues not expressed on this thread; however' date=' would rather get on the Sovereign and find out the negative for myself. The sewer smell seems to be the one negative that is consistent and I know RCI knows about it + it does seem to disappear upon leaving the dock (I've been told has to do with the pump out procedure, but I have difficulty believing this). We are meeting up w/about 40 other CC readers even tho RCI won't give us a meet 'n mingle party:mad: - I hope whatever problems we experience on the SOS, they won't be as bad as problems we had on an old Carnival ship!QUOTE']

My stepdad works for Amtrak so we get free rides on the trains. Everytime we embark on a trip you can smell the sewage. My stepdad told us it was because they were pumping out the sewage and the pipes aren't "smell-proof". The train cars usually smell near the sewage tanks in every car until about 10 to 15 minutes into the trip. I figure cruise ship sewage drainage systems are pretty similar.

Archived