Sovereign

Tim,

You have me a little concerned. I'm leaving on the Sovereign this Friday (8/12). Have been on her several times before (both to the Bahamas and back when she was on the Caribbena routes) but not since the refurb.. I hate to bug you, but could you please e-mail me regarding your situation (cmd263athotmaildotcom). I am a diamond member of RCI and have never had a bad time. I am a little concerned though, because I am going with someone who has never cruised before. Just want to know what to look out for so I can make sure she (and I) have a wonderful cruise.

Thank you,

Chris

...smell the sewage. My stepdad told us it was because they were pumping out the sewage and the pipes aren't "smell-proof". The train cars usually smell near the sewage tanks in every car until about 10 to 15 minutes into the trip. I figure cruise ship sewage drainage systems are pretty similar.

Well, this certainly sounds exactly like what I've been told by RCI customer service....The stink is what concerns me more than any other single issue (except Safety, of course) - We sail to get away from all the modern conveniences that clutter our lives. As long as we don't have to cook or clean up, everything tastes just fine and no complaints! I am an advocate of relax, release, let go...:D

Bimmerboy...Chris, Do be sure and post back on this thread to let all of know what kind of experience you have on your cruise. Let's hope that RC will make it right for anyone who experiences poor service or problems with their cruise. I would hate to think the cruise industry is getting so big that they will forget good customer service and the reason why most of us pick cruises for our vacation travel.

Good luck for having a wonderful cruise and a great experience! 13_1_200.gif13_1_200.gif

To all future Sovereign cruisers

Please, whether you have requested my email or not, don't worry about your vacation. You will have a good time AS WE DID whether you have a situation like ours our not. Our vacation was not ruined by our problem. The lack of customer service is more of my gripe.

As I have stated time and time again, what happened to us is not typical of Royal Caribbean. They have been nothing but wonderful to us on our prior seven cruises. We are hopeful they will come through and satisfy our concerns from the last cruise.

I am hopeful that our situation was an isolated incident and does not happen again. Should it reoccur, maybe there will be better customer service than what we got.

Tim

Chris if you would like more info, please email me at herrinbowl@midamer.net

I will gladly send it to you. I do not want to try this situation over this public forum without Royal Caribbean getting the opportunity to rectify the situation. Once I receive a response from them and I am satisfied, I will go public with my situation and what the official response from Royal Caribbean is.

Tim

Tim,

My very first cruise will be on the Sovereign on November 7 and now

I am worried. Please explain the problems. I was originanally booked

on the Majesty out of Miami, but changed because my daughter lives

in Tampa and it is a shorter drive to Port Canaveral. Please explain

the problems you had.

Countrymoon:)

countrymoon@aol.com

We also have been on multiple RCL cruises and are considering SOS for a quick getaway in November. Please e-mail me with your concerns dmcintyre@neo.rr.com . We were just on Mariner in June do you think we will be too disapointed in the SOS after being on the biggest, newest ship on our last cruise? Have sailed SOS once 8 years on our first cruise and had a good time.

:D

I'm guessing that some newbie cruisers are/may/might be disappointed on the older sisters (SOS, Majesty, Monarch) if first cruise(s) twas on a new/bigger vessel. SOS has shockingly small stateroom facilities compared to the newer ships and when I say shockingly, you open the door and cannot help but feel like you are in a walk in closet! However, if one of the 3 sisters was among your first sailing(s), well, y'kinda get attached to that first golden memory. I like the newer-bigger vessels, altho, have never done the Voyager class....SOS is cozy/romantic, by my definition:D

EmJakes Bubbie

I am like you, I have a fondness for the smaller, Sovereign class ships. They are very classy. The staff of these ships once were much more friendly than those of the larger ships. I am not sure that is true today like it was a few years ago.

Tim

HB... Thanks for sending me the "email"... and I agree... the ship staff did not handle the problem properly....

But... for everyone else... I'm not canceling our Christmas cruise or another other cruise on the Sovereign. We love sailing on her -- and will continue sailing on her. I have to say that we have had minor problems before, but they have always been handled promptly and without the problems HB had....

HB,

Can you please email me to give a heads-up? I will be sailing for the 1st time in 3 wks. I have read so many reviews and postings about the ship that were so-so and now I'm not sure if I made the right decission. The cruiseline has tried to assure me that every person must make their own judgement call on cruising but I believe evry bit of info helps. I truly want this to be the vacation of a lifetime because shortly after I return from my cruise I will be goning into the hospital. Please share any info with me that you can. If anyone else has anything to share it would be great.:confused:

mmtb@bellsouth.net

Could you please e-mail me your concerns regarding the Sovereign? My dad's company is considering a 3 day cruise for employees and family as a Christmas party in December '05. Many first time cruisers and want them to have a good time for their service to his company. Please email to boothfarms@juno.com

Thanks,

Mick

We had our first cruise on the Sovereign this year and loved it and have another planned for next spring with my parents to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Would love to hear of your experience. Hope all works out for you.

Archived