Sovereign

sorry, I'm braindead at the moment. forgot to include my email address: terryfamily@wideopenwest.com thanks

We had our first cruise on the Sovereign this year and loved it and have another planned for next spring with my parents to celebrate their 50th anniversary. Would love to hear of your experience. Hope all works out for you.

First Cruise Sovereign of the Seas 3/28/05

• 7 months later...

Yes, I will try to remember everything and how it was resolved.

When we got on the ship, our cabin was not cool by any stretch of the imagination. From previous experience, this is not an unusual situation since all the doors to the ship and the cabins have been open since the first passengers got off the ship that morning until the new ones got on that afternoon. We tolerated the room temp until the second day. It was not hot, just uncomfortable.

Well we called maintenance, they came and virtually did no good. Called them a second time and again, no results. Went to the pursers desk and spoke with the supervisor. To make a long story short, we dealt with her for two days, she told us she was going to come to our cabin personally and check the situation, and never showed up. Our cabin, while not hot, was not very comfortable. Just to give you an idea, the sheets would stick to you when trying to sleep.

My problem with RCL on this issue was not as much as the cabin not being cool as it was the supervisor from the purser's desk telling us she was going to do this and that and she did NOTHING she stated she was going to.

This is not as detailed as I wrote about it back last year but this is the main issues. Would I sail Sovereign again, who knows. Will I sail RCL again, DEFINITELY. One bad cruise out of eight, four of which was on the Sovereign, does not spoil me on them.

They did give us credit towards another cruise but I do not remember how much it was. All I remember was that I was satisfied with the results.

Tim

I remember reading this last year, so was happy to get the update today!

For the record I have been on The Sovereign twice since this thread was posted. In December my husband and I were in a Grand Suite and then in January a friend and I were in a Junior Suite. Dear husband and I also are booked for May 8th in a Junior Suite. Our cabins have always been warm! I never complained but it was so uncomfortable that I'm planning to take my "fan" this time.

Did this ruin my vacation? Heck no!!!!!!! We love everything about the Sovereign and wouldn't consider not sailing her since it's so convienent for us to do the Monday sailings multiple times a year. Besides, everything about her other than the temperature and beds (not very comfortable) is wonderful!!!!!

I'm glad that RCCL attempted to resolve your problem with a credit and hopefully you will be comfortable sailing with them in the future.

Happy sailing,

Sharon

Sharon

We agree with you and your attitude!!! Did we let our situation keep us from having a great time, HECK NO. Could we have allowed it to ruin our cruise, yes. If this would have been our first cruise with RCL, it would have been our last with them or our last period. On this particular cruise, customer service was a big ZERO. This is not the norm with RCL and I told everyone that requested the email in the beginning that the customer service is normally pretty good. As stated, we have been on RCL 8 times, 4 of which was on Sovereign. All other 7 have been WONDERFUL with little or so small problems they are not worth mentioning.

We will be sailing with RCL (Mariner) in 46 days. I love RCL and will keep with them provided this is not a common occurrance (sp).

Tim & Crystal

Tim

We were just on the Sovereign last week. (April 3-7). We had a very good cruise experience, as I posted earlier today.

I had read many mixed reviews of the Sovereign and was prepared for any concerns. Our staterooms were fine, clean and comfortable. They are on the small size, but that is a well-known fact now. They are fine for a 4-day cruise. We had an Oceanview and a Superior Oceanview. They are well-configured for the sizes.

On our cruise, the air was cool and clean in the staterooms and in the main rooms. We hope others have as good a cruise as we did.

After reading this thread for the first time, I came up with a new name for RCI's ships. This was interesting - how everyone wanted to know. Sorry for the discomfort but from what I understand some compensation was made.

The Sovereign was my very first and I was totally impressed. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed this or how this compares with the other ships. I remember that the reception area when you went throught the entrance doors was a big area. It made you feel as if you were on the biggest ship there was. Is that how most are? I was on the Vision OTS in November and the entranceway led right into the elevator lobby - it seemed cramped but after touring the ship, I enjoyed the public areas.

It be just a space thing.

Archived