Opinion on Noordam observation deck 10 balcony cabins ???

Has anyone stayed on the Noordam in an observation deck 10 VA balcony cabin and can give me a balanced opinion ?

From my research these are new cabins that have been added recently.

I've only found a couple of posts which worryingly have negative comments about them due to bad location (not good for lifts), balconies are smaller than most others and A/C not up to the job with the cabins being subjected to so much sun where they are, so cabins are far too hot.

We are a family of 4 (2 adults & 2 children) booked into one of these balcony cabins and due to sail at the end of August, but I'm getting worried we may not enjoy this cabins and it therefore ruining our holiday ?

__

You probably read one of my posts. I was in one of those rooms back in Dec.

I'm not going to lie to you, I can't imagine being 4 people in one of those rooms! It was uncomfortable for the 2 of us trying to stay out of each others way.

It's pretty late now because I assume you've already paid for the cruise, but if it were me and ANY offer of an "original" room on the ship came up, I'd grab it.

Yes OHCRUISER ... I think yours was one of the posts I've read.

We've done the 4 of us in a balcony cabin before and normally it hasn't been a problem because we don't spend much time in the cabin.

However I'm concerned these cabins may be smaller than we've previously encountered.

I'm also concerned what the 3rd and 4th bed set-up arrangements will be. One post said the bed that lowers was above the heads of the queen bed set-up.

If that's the case my wife is going to freak as she claustrophobic !

Do you have any picture of the room layout or are you able to confirm the bed layout ?

Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi there,

We're on the same cruise. I suggest you call your Travel Agent and ask about a cabin change. This cruise is far from sold out. There are cabins in every category still availabe. It may not be too difficult to change.

I wouldn't wait too long though.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

The dropdown bed is the panel above the pillows. The smaller "box" in front of that panel is the A/C unit..............

get-attachment.aspx?uid=29998481&folder=NewMail&partId=3

get-attachment.aspx?uid=29998481&folder=NewMail&partId=4I don't know if the couch--a 2 seater, is also a sofa bed, but with the curtain closed, that person will have no circulating air, to speak of. As you can see, there is only seating for 3. The table holds one tray.

get-attachment.aspx?uid=29998481&folder=NewMail&partId=7The balcony is about 4 feet deep.get-attachment.aspx?uid=29998481&folder=NewMail&partId=5

Bathroom on left, closets on right. "Hallway" is one person wide.

get-attachment.aspx?uid=29998481&folder=NewMail&partId=6

Sink and shelves. As I recall, no shelves on other side of sink. Shaver outlet is above light fixture.

I didn't post these anywhere else because I have never had any success on CC when I've tried to do so.

Hope these help. I'm not a complainer, but I stand by everything I've said about these cabins.

OHCruiser, I can't open any of the links to your pictures. The message says you have to be logged in to AOL to view them.

Is there some other way you can set them up so we can see them?

OHCruiser, I can't open any of the links to your pictures. The message says you have to be logged in to AOL to view them.

Is there some other way you can set them up so we can see them?

I had the same problem.

Hi there,

We're on the same cruise. I suggest you call your Travel Agent and ask about a cabin change. This cruise is far from sold out. There are cabins in every category still availabe. It may not be too difficult to change.

I wouldn't wait too long though.

Terri

Hi Terri,

On the UK website there are no verandah-balcony or Signature/Verandah Suites left.

Are you saying these are available on th US site ?

thanks

-

The dropdown bed is the panel above the pillows. The smaller "box" in front of that panel is the A/C unit..............

get-attachment.aspx?uid=29998481&folder=NewMail&partId=3

get-attachment.aspx?uid=29998481&folder=NewMail&partId=4I don't know if the couch--a 2 seater, is also a sofa bed, but with the curtain closed, that person will have no circulating air, to speak of. As you can see, there is only seating for 3. The table holds one tray.

get-attachment.aspx?uid=29998481&folder=NewMail&partId=7The balcony is about 4 feet deep.get-attachment.aspx?uid=29998481&folder=NewMail&partId=5

Bathroom on left, closets on right. "Hallway" is one person wide.

get-attachment.aspx?uid=29998481&folder=NewMail&partId=6

Sink and shelves. As I recall, no shelves on other side of sink. Shaver outlet is above light fixture.

I didn't post these anywhere else because I have never had any success on CC when I've tried to do so.

Hope these help. I'm not a complainer, but I stand by everything I've said about these cabins.

Hi OHCruiser

I cant see any pics or any links to pics I'm afraid.

Would you mind emailing them here please ?

Thanks again :D

_

Hi Terri,

On the UK website there are no verandah-balcony or Signature/Verandah Suites left.

Are you saying these are available on th US site ?

thanks

-

Yes they are.

I think you are only on for the 11 days.

VA 8036, 5061, 5094, 5118; VB5151, 5184,4043, 4044, 4140, 4150; VC 6116, 6137, 5014, 5015, 5016, 5019; VD 7093, 7101, 6016, 6017; VE 8021, 22, 23, 7003; VH 4001,4002;

Signature Suites:

SS- 6052, 54, 56, 68, 92, 6115; SY- 8060; SZ (Special Fare $3199) 8092, 8097.

I hope this is of some help.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri