Question: Sailing out of NY

teechadeb

Good Morning,

We are sailing next weekend June 28th from NY. Is it warm enough to wear shorts and t-shirts for the sail away and is the weather warm for the sailing to Bermuda? I'm from Maine, and I know how cold it can get once we are out in the open ocean. One year we sailed out of Boston, and I wasn't prepared for the 2 days of cold weather in June, so needless to say I had to buy a few sweatshirts. Except for the Boston departure, we've always sailed from Florida, so it is hot from the start of the trip until we return. I'd appreciate any information, and yes I know it is dependent on rain and such, but in general how should we dress for the sailing.

Good Morning,

We are sailing next weekend June 28th from NY. Is it warm enough to wear shorts and t-shirts for the sail away and is the weather warm for the sailing to Bermuda? I'm from Maine, and I know how cold it can get once we are out in the open ocean. One year we sailed out of Boston, and I wasn't prepared for the 2 days of cold weather in June, so needless to say I had to buy a few sweatshirts. Except for the Boston departure, we've always sailed from Florida, so it is hot from the start of the trip until we return. I'd appreciate any information, and yes I know it is dependent on rain and such, but in general how should we dress for the sailing.

I would expect similar weather sailing from NYC in June and would bring warm clothes.

Wear shorts and a T-shirt, pack a hoodie and slacks/capris in your carry-on.

FWIW, I was in the water within 30 minutes of boarding the ship, and lived in a bathing suit and short cover up the entire time we were at sea (going and coming) on the June 8th sailing out of NYC.

I'd bring a light jacket or a sweatshirt but right now the weather is fairly decent and comfortable. Might be a bit cool in the evening for some so just pack appropriately. However, for the most part shorts and T shirt should be fine now.

Good Morning,

We are having very nice weather this year, so far. Definitely not hot, but sunny and nice. That being said, on the water it might be a little cool. I'd pack some long sleeve Ts and maybe even a sweatshirt.

Our June 2012 cruise was warm during sail away from NYC. Bring a light weight jacket or sweater for evenings. All during the cruise to Bermuda we could be out on deck by the pool.

Our day at Horseshoe was chilly, because of wind and eventually rain. I was glad I had my jacket with me.

In late Sept. 2010, our cruise out of Boston was hot! Be prepared for all types of weather!

Aw C'mon.... you're from Maine right? Anything above 30 should be warm. My friends in Belfast ME tell me to come visit when it's not cold -- July or August :p

Tough question to answer as it's so subjective. Temps already posted, so just be prepared with layers if you tend to chill. I wear shorts with a fleece jacket when I shovel snow in NY and shed the fleece for a tshirt when I come back inside -- while my wife will be in sweats with four blankets on top of her in front of the fire.

Also keep in mind that the ship is air conditioned throughout and I felt that many venues were actually chilly. I always pack a light sweater or sweatshirt just in case.

Tracy

Ditto on the A/C. I always have a sweater/jacket in the evenings as I get cold.

I wore a sweater over my bathing suit on the 6/1 cruise! This is was my first time sailing out of a "northern" port. It was cool on the sea days coming & going. Many people had lightweight jackets by the pool. Four weeks later may make a big difference. Just bring an extra "layer".